Romans 13:1-14

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 16:43:48 PST 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

   * ROMANS 13:1-14 - 2008-11-14*

 *2. 13:1-7 OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CIVIC AUTHORITY*

*a. 13:1 OUR RESPONSIBILITY: OBEY CIVIC AUTHORITY*

PAsa psuCH*E* e-xouSIais [1849] hu-pe-reCHOUsais [5242] hu-po-tasSESth*o*
[5293]:

*Let every soul be in subjection to the higher powers:*

ou gar EStin e-xouSIa ei m*e* TheOU;

*for there is no power but of God;*

hai de OUsai huPO TheOU te-tagMEnai [5021] eiSIN.

*and those that be are ordained of God.*

 *b. 13:2 TO RESIST CIVIC POWER IS TO WITHSTAND GOD*

H*O*Ste ho an-ti-tasSOme-nos [498] t*e* e-xouSIa,

*So that who resists the power,*

t*e* tou TheOU di-a-taG*E* [1296] anTHESt*e*-ken [436]:

*withstands the ordinance of :God:*

hoi de an-thes-t*e*KOtes he-auTOIS KRIma [2917] L*E*Mpson-tai [2983].

*and who withstand shall receive to themselves judgment.*

 *c. 13:3a PURPOSE OF RULERS: TO RESTRAIN EVIL*

hoi gar ARchon-tes [758] ouk eiSIN PHObos t*o* a-gaTH*O* ERg*o*, alLA t*o*kaK
*O*.

*For the rulers are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil.*

 *d. 13:3b-4a CIVIC POWERS: MINISTER TO DOERS OF GOOD*

THEleis de m*e* phoBEISthai [5399] t*e*n e-xouSIan?

*And would you not fear the power?*

to a-gaTHON POIei, kai Exeis Epai-non [1868] ex auT*E*S:

*do the good, and you shall have praise from it:*

TheOU gar diAkoNOS [1249] es-tin soi eis to a-gaTHON.

*4a for he is God's minister to you for the good.*

 *e. 13:4b RULERS: AVENGERS FOR EVIL DOERS.*

eAN de to kaKON poi*E*S, phoBOU;

*But if you do :evil, be afraid;*

ou gar eiK*E* [1500] t*e*n MAchai-ran [3162] phoREI [5409]: TheOU gar
diAkoNOS es-tin,

*for he bears not the sword in vain: for he is God's minister,*

EKdi-kos eis [1558] orG*E*N t*o* to kaKON PRASson-ti.

*avenger for wrath to him that does :evil.*

 *f. 13:5 CONSCIENCE: ANOTHER REASON TO OBEY RULERS*

di' ho aNAGk*e*n [318] hu-poTASses-thai [5293],

*Wherefore you must needs submit,*

ou MOnon diA t*e*n orG*E*N, alLA kai diA t*e*n suNEId*e*-sin [4893].

*not only because of the wrath, but also for :conscience.*

 *g. 13:6 TAXES: DUE TO RULERS APPOINTED BY GOD*

diA TOUto gar kai PHOrous [5411] teLEIte [5055];

*For for this cause you pay tribute also;*

lei-tourGOI gar TheOU ei-sin,

*for they are ministers of God's service,*

eis auTO TOUto pros-kar-teROUNtes [4342].

*attending continually upon this very thing.*

 *h. 13:7 AN OBLIGATION: TO GIVE TO ALL THEIR DUES*

aPOdo-te [591] PAsi tas o-pheiLAS [3782]:

*Render to all their dues:*

t*o* ton PHOron [5411] ton PHOron; t*o* to TElos [5056] to TElos;

*:tribute to whom :tribute is due; :custom to whom :custom;*

t*o* ton PHObon to PHObon; t*o* t*e*n tiM*E*N [5092] t*e*n tiM*E*N .

*:fear to whom :fear; :honor to whom :honor.*

 *3. 13:8-10 SECOND COMMANDMENT: RESPONSIBILITY TO FELLOW MAN*

*a. 13:8 LOVE: ALL THAT WE OWE*

M*e*-deNI m*e*DEN oPHEIle-te [3784], ei m*e* to alL*E*lous a-gaPAN:

*Owe no one anything, save to love one another:*

ho gar a-gaP*O*N ton HEte-ron NOmon [3551] pePL*E*r*o*-ken [4137].

*for who loves the other has fulfilled the law.*

 *b. 13:9 LOVE: SUMMARIZES ALL THE COMMANDMENTS*

to gar Ou moiCHEUseis [3431], Ou phoNEUseis [5407],

*For :You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill,*

Ou KLEpseis [2813], Ouk e-pi-thuM*E*seis [1937],

*You shall not steal, You shall not covet,*

kai ei tis heTEra en-toL*E* [1785],

*and if there be any other commandment,*

en t*o* LOg*o* TOUt*o* a-na-ke-pha-laiOUtai [346],

*it is summed up in this :word,*

en t*o* A-gaP*E*seis ton pl*e*SIon [4129] sou h*o*s se-auTON.

*in the You shall love your :neighbor as yourself.*

 *c. 13:10 LOVE: FULFILLS THE LAW*

h*e* aGAp*e* t*o* pl*e*SIon kaKON ouk erGAze-tai [2038]:

*:Love works no ill to the neighbor:*

PL*E*r*o*-ma [4128] oun NOmou h*e* aGAp*e*.

*:love therefore is fulfilment of law.*

 *4. 13:11-14 THE DAY OF THE LORD: MOTIVATION FOR A CHRIST-WALK*

*a. 13:11 WE ARE TO UNDERSTAND THE SEASON OF CONSUMMATION*

Kai TOUto, eiDOtes ton kaiRON [2540],

*And this, knowing the season,*

HOti H*O*ra [5610] *E*d*e* huMAS ex HUPnou [5258] e-gerTH*E*nai [1453]:

*that already it is the hour for you to awake out of sleep:*

nun gar egGUte-ron h*e*M*O*N h*e* s*o*-t*e*RIa [4991] *e* HOte
e-piSTEUsa-men.

*for now is our :salvation nearer than when we believed.*

 *b. 13:12 OUR TWO-FOLD OBLIGATION: IN THE LIGHT OF THE DAY OF THE LORD*

h*e* nux [3571] proEko-psen [4298], h*e* de h*e*MEra *E*Ggi-ken [1448]:

*The night is far spent, and the day is at hand:*

a-poTH*O*me-tha [659] oun ta ERga tou SKOtous,

*let us therefore cast off the works of :darkness,*

en-duS*O*me-tha [1746] de ta HOPla [3696] tou ph*o*TOS.

*and let us put on the armor of :light.*

 *c. 13:13 OUR WALK: AS SONS OF LIGHT*

h*o*s en h*e*MEra, eu-sch*e*MOn*o*s [2156] pe-ri-paT*E*s*o*-men;

*Let us walk becomingly, as in the day;*

m*e* K*O*mois [2970] kai MEthais [3178],

*not in revelling and drunkenness,*

m*e* KOItais [2845] kai a-selGEIais [766],

*not in chamberings and wantonness,*

m*e* Eri-di [2054] kai Z*E*l*o* [2205].

*not in strife and jealousy.*

 *d. 13:14 CHRIST AND THE FLESH ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE*

alLA enDUsas-the [1746] ton KUri-on 'I-*e*SOUN ChrisTON,

*But put on the Lord Jesus Christ,*

kai t*e*s sarKOS [4561] PROnoi-an [4307] m*e* poiEISthe [4160] eis
e-pi-thuMIas [1939].

*and make no provision unto the lusts of the flesh.*

 *NOTE**: *Romans 13 is the conclusionof chapter 12. They are both an
integral whole according to the paragraphing of Bible Numerics.

 This week I rceived an Email from Australia concerning Ivan Panin and Bible
Numerics. Because this is a difficult subject to understand its full
significance from the mind of God, with your forbearance I am including here
our exchange:

 Sat. Nov 22, 2008 at 3:52 PM - To: Jim (and all your team) - From:
Australia

 Thank yoyu so much!

 I have been familiar with Panin's work from my earliest days as a
Christiian (I was baptised in water and received the Gift of the Holy Spirit
as a young man of 16 in 1976.)

 I have a number of Panin's publications including his Numeric New Testament
which I use when I stand in doubt about the rendering of a verse or whether
it should even be included in the Bible at all ...

 The value of Panin's great labour is again being shown to me. I am very
grateful for your website (which I have only this morning found...) with its
Panin interlinear NT - It's a resource I'm sure to use again

 Warm Regards - Australia

 *2008-11-23 - Jim Watt*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org - Email: jmbetter at gmail.com *

 *Australia - Thanks for the Email. *Winkey Pratney from New Zealand is a
very effective fan of Ivan Panin,- and so also was David duPlessis of S.
Africa.

 Through the various Archive articles on our Website, you can glean my 64
year history in studying the works of Panin, up to 50,000 hours.

 I have no team for this work. I have the complete MS of Panin's Interlinear
Greek NT, which is the basis for typing up the present format that appears
on our Website. I completed this manuscript some 30 years ago.

 The 12 Embryonic Revival Principles I tie in with Panin and the 12 tribes
of Israel, as you can see from that section.

 The Greek Word Studies are also based on Panin's 2 texts, which are
available still from Toronto, and can be found under "Links", Ivan Panin.

 The Bible Outlines are also based on Bible Numerics - and the 52 Overviews
will be completed this year and posted on the Website.

 Under each Overview, I have 7 subdivisions for each week of the year, 364
altogether, also based on Bible Numerics.

 The Greek Word Studies are based on Bible Numerics, Englishman's Greek
Concordance and John Stegenga's Greek Lexicon.

 I will also put some Hebrew Interlinear sections and Word Studies on the
Website, time permitting.

 I am 85, in good health, and will keep producing to the end. Dr. Norman
Vincent Peale was writing his last book at the age of 95. Why not?

 I have scarcely the tip of the iceberg on the Website at present. The vast
majority of my work is yet in MS form.

 For folk like yourself who appreciate Panin's work in Bible Numerics, your
prayers will be appreciated.

 Your friend - Jim Watt

 Sun. Nov 23, 2008 at 11:56 PM

 To: Jim Watt - Thanks for your reply. In another 35 years or so (when I am
85) I hope I am also able to point to a body of evidence that shows my
dedication to the Gospel. I shall be visiting your site again and have
passed on the site's details to my Pastor - who is also interested in (and
has known about for many years) the works of Panin.

 I have a couple of questions relating to Panin about which you may be able
to offer some clarity.

 :Panin did seem to get caught up at times trying to link his numerics and
various natural phenomena - especially in the realms of astronomy. I have
always felt that this was a mistake. Based on the strength of his Bible
Numerics work it seemed that the attempts to link in the astronomical data,
for example, only served to weaken his case in the eyes of the scientific
community - trying to establish a link was just a "bridge too far". I have
my doubts also as to how such a linkage would now appear in the light of 65
years or so of scientific advances in the field of astronomy. The question
is, I guess, "What is your opinion about Panin's attempts to give his
numerics a broader, outside-the-bible application?"

 Have you examined (or have access to the results of an examination) the
actual statistical methodology employed by Panin? Would an unbiased
mathematician or statistician find fault with his method?" I'm not a math
wizard - his work does seem to be sound and logical to me - but I would not
want to begin using his work in earnest only to find myself unable to defend
his scholarship or methods.

 In any case, if nothing else, Panin's work has convinced *me* of the
unerring accuracy and completeness of the original words of God. Thanks
again - Australia

 *2008-11-24 - Jim Watt*

*Web: www.2rbetter1.org - Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

 *Australia - I am no whiz at Math either. But neither was Einstein. He
majored in Physics and slid in Math. Then later in life he discovered that
without Math he couldn't accomplish his work in equations. *

 *So when he fled Hitler to US - he attended Math classes at Harvard,
Boston, under Ivan Panin! Interesting! *

 *By chance, observatory findings in astronomy one day came into Panin's
hands concerning their calculations on our 7 chief solar planets. Out of
curiosity, Panin noted that none of the dimensions of radius, diameter, rate
of rotation etc. showed any numerical phenomenon. Again out of curiosity, he
adjusted these dimensions, until all 7 in all ways showed this phenomenon.
He then submitted his findings to this observatory and asked for their
evaluation.*

 *In a few months he received a reply: - What instruments did you use to
establish these dimensions? We have nothing sufficiently accurate to come up
with this. If you have any more statistics along this line, would you please
send them to us also?*

 *The interesting thing about this was that the dimensions of the 7 epistles
from James to Jude are exactly parallel to those of our 7 major solar
planets.*

 *Panin also found that in the field of Physics, Chemistry, Biology as well
as astronomy etc., - the pattern of Math in all mathematical sciences is
exactly parallel to the numerics of the Bible.*

 *God by the Spirit through Paul in Romans does say that the universe (with
all of its sciences) is an exact picture of His spiritual Kingdom. God's
signature is numbers, and it is really not surprising that this same
signature should appear in both His natural and spiritual universe.*

 *I suppose I have read most everything relevant to Panin and Bible
Numeriecs that is available - and yes - I have come to agree with him in his
judgment on the complete spread of God's mathematical signature in both
natural and spiritual realms. I have used this with excellent effect on
university campuses, and have personally won to the Lord America's leading
"Pharmacologist" this way. I have trained some 80 Bible students in Seattle
some years ago how to witness this way, and they went on the campus of the
University of Washington to witness, and won dozens to the Lord.*

 *As for the validity of the actual methods used by Panin on "chance," using
Highest Common Factor and Lowest Common Multiples - These are the valid
methods still used today to work out "chance." I have presented Panin and
Bible and Science Numerics" during the 64 years I have been introduced to
him by Dr. Jewell, a Russian Jew from Calgary, Alberta. I have read the work
of his critics. In my opinion, they build a straw man according to their own
thinking, knock it down, and then claim Panin and Numerics have been
obliterated. These critics I have investigated have been woefully deficient
in Mathematics, and really haven't a leg to stand on. They have doctorate
and master's degrees - but that still doesn't always mean that much. I
myself have a Master's degree, and probably have earned the equivalent of at
least 2 doctorate degrees - but still do not regard that that highly.*

 *It was Panin's hope and conviction that the work on his discoveries would
be a key to reaching the 6 million Math and Science scholars of Russia to
the Lord. At the time of his death in 1942, no evidence was taking place to
that effect. Part of my labors in Panin's Greek Interlinear Bible Numerics
Outlined New Testament, is to hopefully help fulfill his hope and vision.*

 *Dr. Karl Sabiers' book is available in Toronto as a description and
defense of Panin and Bible Numerics. It has done yeoman's service. Also Dr.
Keith L. Brooks on "Mathematical Proofs of the Divine Inspiration of the
Bible." I recommend both of these. *

 *Panin, Ivan - Bible Numerics*

To learn more of the remarkable labors of this man, click on the following
*http://www.christianity.ca/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=4553&srcid=1979*<http://www.christianity.ca/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=4553&srcid=1979>

There you will find an article I wrote, posted on the Website of "The
Evangelical Fellowship of Canada." They have added 5 links to my article,
which substantially help readers in their understanding. Their link *<**Dr.
Keith L. Brooks**> *gives full ordering information.

More on Panin - "UNLEAVENED BREAD MINISTRIES" - NNT at 2008

*www.americaslastdays.com* <http://www.americaslastdays.com/> - "David
Eells"

 *Your friend - Jim Watt*

*TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: