Prayer Multiplication & Covenant

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 21:30:45 PST 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

*2008-11-03
<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   *2008-11-03 - PRAYER MULTIPLICATION & COVENANT*

 *Prayer Multiplication* has taken on increasing meaning to my wife Marie
and myself through the last 5 or so decades. It started with the word from
Moses in Deuteronomy 32:30 - *"How would **one** chase a **thousand**, And *
*two** put **ten thousand** to flight, Except their Rock had sold them, and
Jehovah had delivered them up?"* Though this was written as a description of
the effectiveness of enemies when Israel sinned - yet how much more does it
apply to God's people when they walk in correct relationship with Him!

 Then in Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 Solomon magnifies the effectiveness of two who
walk in unity, and this can especially relate to husband and wife. *"**Two *
*are better than one**, because they have a **good reward** for their labor.
** **10 **For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow; but woe to him
that is alone when he falls, and has not another to lift him up.
**11**Again, if
**two** lie together, then they have warmth; but how can one be warm alone?
**12 **And if a man prevail against him that is alone, **two** shall
withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken." *Jesus said that
where two or three are gathered in His Name, there He is in their midst -
making *the three-fold cord!*

 Jesus in Matthew 18:19 gives an exceptionally encouraging word for this
concept. *"Again, Amen, I say unto you, that if **two** of you shall **agree
** on :earth as touching anything they shall ask, it shall be done for them
of my :Father who **is** in the heavens." *Note that a symphony throws light
on this effectiveness - for the word "agree" is from "sum-ph*o*NE*o*" . The
symphony of perhaps 110 players must be in unity under complete control of
the conductor. *He* calls which piece they will play. *He* directs when they
are to start - all together on time. *He* also calls each section of
strings, woodwinds, brass and percussion in tune and balance to please
*his*ear. The total tone is
*his* responsibility.

 Just so the Holy Spirit is *our* conductor of a cell group of 8 players. *
We* must be united under *His* direction in prayer selection, time to start,
and perfect balance for all 8 participants.

 *Here is an illustration* how God successfully used the above. I returned
to the Seattle area after 3 years of ministry in BC & Alberta in 1987. I was
asked, "What do you think of J.Z. Knight and Ramtha of Yelm?" I hadn't heard
of them, nor of their access to major TV Channels. I was horrified to learn
that Knight as a medium was manifesting Ramtha on the evening news of 2
Seattle channels. I felt God leading me to call 500 to join me in a Daniel's
fast for February 1-21, 1988. They came together in spirit from Alberta, BC,
WA, OR, CA and half of ID. At the end of 21 days - no heavenly response. But
on February 23rd God said, "I give you the parable of the Knight Rider.
Instead of you making use of an automated Trans-Am car - I want to use
*you*as the Holy Spirit possessed Rees Howells and used him and his
120 prayer
team to defeat Hitler. This will bring defeat to J.Z. Knight and Ramtha, so
that they will have little future impact. Here are the Scripture verses that
will prepare intercessory prayer teams:"

 Romans 12:1-2 - *"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of
:God, to present your :bodies a living sacrifice, holy, well-pleasing to
God, your **spiritual** service. **2** And be not fashioned according to
this :age: but be transformed by the renewing of the mind, that you may
prove what **is** the good and well-pleasing and perfect will of :God." *Note
that this is our spiritual or *reasonable* duty. See how Strong's
Concordance enlightens us on God's meaning here: lo-giKOS, Strong #3050 p.
152 - "Lo-giKOS pertains to the reasoning faculty, reasonable, rational and
is used *(1)* of the service rendered by believers in presenting their
bodies a living sacrifice. The sacrifice is to be in accordance with the
spiritual intelligence of those who are new creatures in Christ and are
mindful of the mercies of God; in contrast to those offered by ritual and
compulsion (Rom 12:1). *(2) *The word signifies a rationale affecting the
soul (1 Pet 2:23). *(3) *It pertains to "the reasoning faculty, reasonable,
rational," and is used *(3a) *in Romans 12:1, of the service (laTREIa) to be
rendered by believers in presenting their bodies "a living sacrifice, holy,
acceptable to God." The sacrifice is to be intelligent, in contrast to those
offered by ritual and compulsion; the presentation is to be in accordance
with the spiritual intelligence of those who are new creatures in Christ and
are mindful of "the mercies of God. *(3b)* It is found also in 1 Pet 2:2,
"(milk) of the word" and so here the nourishment may be understood as of
that spiritually rational nature which, acting through the regenerate mind,
develops spiritual growth. God's Word is not given so that it is impossible
to understand it, or that it requires a special class of men to interpret
it; its character is such that the Holy Spirit who gave it can unfold its
truths even to the young convert."

 Our *reasonable* service or worship (laTREIa - Strong #2999) is a "whole
burnt offering" - a holocaust - so that we are *no longer our own*, but His!
This is in full accordance how John Wesley led his 70,000 Class Meeting
members in groups of 8 each. See the prayer they corporately used:

*THE PRAYER*

*I am no longer* *my own, but Yours.*

*Put me to what You will, rank me with whom You will.*

*Put me to doing, put me to suffering.*

*Let me be employed for You or laid aside for You,*

*exalted for You or brought low for You.*

*Let me be full, let me be empty.*

*Let me have all things, let me have nothing.*

*I freely and heartily yield all things to Your pleasure and disposal.*

*And now, O glorious and blessed God:*

*Father, Son and Holy Spirit,*

*You are mine, and I am Yours.*

*So be it.*

*And the **covenant** which I have made on earth,*

*let it be ratified in heaven.*

*Amen.*

 This was *so successful* that an unbelieving sociologist of that day wrote:
"Apart from the Class Meetings inaugurated by John Wesley in Great Britain
in the 1800's - the 1789 French Revolution would have leaped the English
Channel with its guillotine, bringing the horrendous desolation that France
experienced!"

 70 similar class meetings in 70 key cities of Canada can transform this
Dominion into the prophetic possibility that men like pastor Dr. David
Yonggi Cho have outlined in 1975, 1979 & 1984 (Kelowna BC, Toronto ON and a
suburb of Halifax NS). Abbotsford BC could move into a city of example for
God's Dominion purposes.

 See also Mark 8:34 - *"And he called to **him** the crowd with his
:disciples, **and** said to them, **If any would come after me**, let him
deny himself, and take up his :cross, and follow me." *Jesus here makes
absolutely clear His requirements *if* we wish to become His disciples. It
is *optional*. He does not wish forced volunteers such as Communism demands,
Hitler and perhaps Obama! Instead, God only wants disciples who understand
Covenant and discipleship requirements, and *voluntarily* say, "Yes, I
understand, and I want to enroll under Your banner on *Your* terms!" I deny
myself and my rights completely, and desire to please you supremely! My
Cross is to fulfill *Your* will for me, even if it is the cup of martyrdom
for You! And I have the example of Jesus to follow in all of this - as laid
out so clearly in the 4 Gospels.

 Intercessors accepted these 2 verses to illustrate the Parable of the
Knight Rider, and Jesus through His Spirit so possessed us that in His
Spirit-directed Intercessors, J.Z. Knight never again manifested Ramtha over
TV Channels.

 See how "Covenant" linked with Prayer Multiplication transformed a
Head-hunting tribe of 60,000 into a primarily Christian tribe of the Hmars
that reached 15 other 120 head-hunting tribes of 5 provinces in NE India.
This happened in 1910 through Mr. Watkin Roberts, fruit of the 1904 Welsh
Revival. In 1870 600 British heads were taken in one day by the Hmar
Chieftain of Senvon Village, Assam. God through Roberts' plea to the
Maharajah of Manipur permitted him 10 days as the first missionary in 40
years to preach in this dangerous area. His interpreter told him of a custom
of his people called the "Border-Crossing Sacrifice." For the first 7 days
the people of Senvon village had understood nothing the missionary had
shared!

 But that 7th night he recounted how when a chieftain was tired of losing
and taking heads, he would come to the border of the other warring tribe,
and beat a drum or blow a horn. it was a recognized signal. "I'm tired of
taking and losing heads. Are you also? If so - meet me at the border, and
let's palaver and see if we can make peace." If the invitation was accepted,
the 2 chiefs, flanked by their elders, met facing each other. If the 2 sets
of elders arrived at satisfactory peace terms, they then killed a
sacrificial animal on the border. The chiefs then reached down their hands
into the blood, and smeared each other with it. They then cut themselves,
dripped a few drops of their own blood into a wine cup, and mutually drank
it. They exchanged gifts. They then took a solemn oath. "If either of us
break this covenant, may our respective elders cut us in like manner as this
border-crossing sacrifice."

 Then the two tribes became as one. They mutually defended one another,
exchanged young women in marriage to young men, and in all respects made all
things available to each other.

 The Hmar people were delighted with the account of their important custom.
At last they understood the missionary. "Yes", they agreed, "this is exactly
the way we do it!"

 But Missionary Watkins continued, "The God of the universe, who made our
world and all in it, is grieved that mankind has fallen away from a covenant
relation with Him. Without first calling for a meeting at the border, He has
come and made an unannounced sacrifice there of His only-begotten Son. Now
He is beating a drum and blowing a horn and saying, 'Anyone who wants to
renew covenant with Me and make peace, meet Me at the border over the blood
of My Son, and I will receive you. All I am and have I will share with you -
all you are and have you will share with Me.'"

 5 young men stepped forward and fully accepted this challenge. One of them
was the Chieftain's son. The Chief wanted his tribe to accept the
missionary's challenge, but not his son. He wanted him to follow as the
head-hunting chief one day. So in anger he tied his son Chawnga Pudaite up
with ropes, and threw him into the jungle, where almost certainly either
fierce grizzly-type bears, or 20 foot pythons, Bengal tigers, or elephants
would destroy him. But he escaped his bonds - and followed the missionary
100 miles to the Lushai Hills - memorized chapters of the Bible and returned
to share them with his people, till 80% became Christians! And - it was *all
* based on *covenant!*

 E. W. Kenyon wrote a book, "The Blood Covenant," and there he tells a
similar story, how Stanley from America found Missionary David Livingston in
Africa, which would have been impossible apart from Blood Covenant!

 Approximately in 1968 my wife's Plymouth with a push-button gear shift lost
its linkage. When I turned off the engine that night after arriving home
from our Sunday evening service, it froze. I worked all Monday trying to do
something, but by 4:00 PM went into the house to catch up on my devotions. I
was reading Genesis 13 (the January 3rd reading for that year), how Abraham
called on 3 covenant friends to help him rescue his nephew Lot from Kings of
the East. It was completely successful. But God interrupted me and asked "Am
I your covenant friend?" "Yes, Lord," I replied. "Have you then asked Me to
help you with your wife's car?" "No," I replied. "Would you like to?" He
went on. Immediately I cried out, "I'm not going to worry about it any
longer, and I turn all over to you as my coveant friend." "Very well," He
said. "Now all disciples of Mine are in covenant relationship with Me, and I
can call on any one of them to meet My needs. In a few moment you will
receive a phone call. Be very careful how you respond."

 Sure enough, in a few moments one of my church elders phoned and asked, "Is
everything going OK with you, pastor?" I then told him the problem. "No
sweat," he said. "I'll be around tomorrow morning, and it'll soon be OK."
Sure enough, he hauled the Plymouth into a garage, and in less than 30
minutes all was adjusted!

 *That's* Covenant! All God is and has he makes available to us, as we in
turn as disciples, make *all* we are and *have* available to Him! We give
Him our little - and He gives us His *much*!

 In the 1970's, Pastor Ern Baxter of the Surrey Christian Centre in BC
presented a diagram to help us understand "Covenant" more clearly. He drew a
triangle with God "A" at the top, and 2 believers - B & C - at the two
bottom angles. God made a covenant with B at the bottom, in 3 stages. "B"
could accept or reject the covenant proposal by God, but he couldn't alter,
modify or change it. It was initiated by *God the greater *with me the
lesser. In 1944 I accepted His offer. I started out as a spiritual little
child, a 10-fold disciple. Soon I became a spiritual young man - 100-fold; -
and then a father - 1000-fold.

 Then in 1948 Mare as 'C' accepted God's offer that Fall, and went through
these same stages. Our relation with God was through a "di-aTH*E*k*e*"
covenant. But then God led us to marry December 27, 1948, and joined us in a
"sunTH*E*k*e* covenant, a covenant between equals, for in Christ there is
neither male nor female. We married as a spiritual father and mother - each
1000-fold. But as one drives 1000 to flight, two drive 10,000! God linked us
into "Prayer Multiplication"!

 We could illustrate this another way. We once had a '49 Nash after we
married. Low gear -10; second gear - 100; high gear - 1000. But - the Nash
had "overdrive". See Zechariah 12:8 to understand overdrive: *"In that day
shall Jehovah defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is
**feeble**among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of
David shall be as
**God**, as **the angel of Jehovah** before them."* Note that the
*feeble*in the last days becomes like David - 10,000! but those of the
house of
David like God, like the Angel of the Lord - *one million*! Then Marie and I
together - *10 million!* With another couple, *100 million.* With 2 more
couples, or 8 individuals altogether - *one billion!* *This* is *Overdrive!*

 In 1967 I saw 2 visions in one night. The second one was of 70 teams of 8
each, symphonically moving in perfect unity like Wesley's Class Meetings. A
team of 8 like this in the Gates of 70 key Canadian Cities, would fulfill
the 3-fold prophetic word of Dr. David Yonggi Cho for Canada! Early Puritan
prophets at the time of the 1776 Declaration of Independence, warned
Americans not to bother - but help fellow citizens who wished to remain
under the British Flag by sojourning to Canada. God said,, "I am in this
separation, and will use The United States in a special way for My Kingdom.
But I have reserved Canada for the last days for a special purpose."

 See the Archive's article following this to understand how the Lord can
direct such an intercessory cell group to remove principalities and powers
over these 70 key cities, and let us like David then go in and "mop-up" the
remainder of the enemy!

 Some might say, "O, I don't believe that!" According to your faith be it
unto you! I believe it, along with scores of others. God doesn't need a
majority - just a remnant! Gideon's 32,000 were too many in God's sight to
defeat the Midianites. "Send the fearful home," he instructed Gideon. 22,000
left, and he had now 10,000. "Still too many," God said. "They would take
the credit for victory instead of giving the glory to Me. Lead them through
a stream. All those who fall prostrate to drink - send them home! Take those
who quickly lap water from their hand as they pass through." 9700 suckers -
300 lappers! He chose the 300, and completely defeated the Midianites, and
God got all the glory!

 *CONCLUSION:* God wants the glory for triumphal revival in Canada, that
eventuates in teams of evangelism and missions reaching all the four corners
of the earth before the Lord returns. He also wants 70 cities in the U.S. to
partner with those of Canada for this world challenge.

 It is important to understand God's strategic purpose for Canada as it is
based on Prayer Multiplication and Covenant. But it is equally important to
see how *He* visualizes victory through these 70 teams on the basis of
"Spiritual Star Wars" issuing forth from the "Automated Laser Telescope"
Concept!

 Put this concept together with "Prayer Multiplication and Covenant" and
activate them together on the basis of "Covenant" - and victory will surely
be the Lord's through us. Jim Watt

*TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*