Genesis 1-11

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 19:04:41 PDT 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

*2008-10-18 <http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   * GENESIS 1-11 - OVERVIEW - T0101R*

*"THE SEED-PLOT OF THE BIBLE"*

 *1. 1:1; 2:2 (1-2, ASV '01) GOD AND CREATION. "In the beginning God created
the heavens and the earth. 2:2 And on the seventh day God finished his work
which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which
he had made." *How great You are, O great Jehovah! There is no God like You.
In Messiah and His Church, Your fullness dwells. *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 3:17 (3) ADAM AND THE FALL. "And unto Adam he (God) said, Because you
have hearkened unto the voice of your wife, and have eaten of the tree, of
which I commanded you, saying, You shall not eat of it: cursed is the ground
for you sake; in toil shall you eat of it all the days of your life." * The
last Adam, Jesus, did not fail this way - tempted, but without sin. *Your
:kingdom come.*

 *3. 4:8 (4) CAIN AND ABEL. "And Cain told Abel his brother. And it came to
pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his
brother, and slew him." *We too can permit a murderous rising within us. We
choose to identify these lusts with Messiah on His cross, and look to You
Father, for deliverance. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 5:3; 22a; 24b (5) ENOCH AND ADAM'S DESCENDANTS. "And Adam lived a
hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his
image; and called his name Seth: 22a and Enoch walked with God after he
begat Methuselah three hundred years, 24b And Enoch walked with God: and he
was not; for God took him." *Let this spirit of Enoch motivate us each one,
O Lord! Our walk will be as his walk. *Our :daily :bread, Give us this day.*

 *5. 6:17-18a (6-9) NOAH: FLOOD AND COVENANT. "And I, behold, I do bring the
flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath
of life, from under heaven; everything that is in the earth shall die. 18a But
I will establish my covenant with you." *O Father, it is through Your *
covenant* that we prevail. We put upon ourselves Your armor, Christ Jesus
(Ephesians 6:10-20). *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven
our :debtors.*

 *6. 10:25 (10) PELEG AND GENEALOGIES. "And unto Ever were born two sons:
the name of the one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and
his brother's name was Joktan." *Thank You Father, for protecting us from
the Nimrods! Thank You for raising up the Pelegs to offset Babel. *And bring
us not into temptation.*

 *7. 11:9 (11) THE BABEL CRISIS. "Therefore was the name of it called Babel;
because Jehovah did there confound the language of all the earth: and from
thence did Jehovah scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth." *There
is no God like You, Father, and Your Name is Jehovah. Man's rebellion is
puny in Your sight. *But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTES**: *Genesis is one of the most important portions of the Bible. Good
pedagogy states that because of the law of first reference, we usually find
the key definition here. Do we want to understand God's thinking and His
mind on a matter? Then we need to consider the law of first reference.

 The seven days of creation stated here, unfold God's mind on this subject.
"The Case for a Creator" by Lee Strobel, Zondervan, 2004 - is an account of
one man's journey from atheism and Darwinian Evolution to a marvelous
balance of understanding between Science and God. Though the Bible is not a
text book on science - yet when it touches upon science - then it and true
science do not disagree.

 Unfortunately, many scientists are so caught up on their theories, that
they are unable to clearly understand *true* science. It is much in a
parallel sense how liberals, modernists and humanists are so caught up in
secularism and whatever is against God and the Bible and His Son, that they
are unable to receive truth when it is positively and rationally presented.

 Lee Strobel had a shock when his wife became a believer in God, His Bible
and His Son. He made an honest search as an attorney and a Journalist to
reevaluate his teen-age secular decision. He contacted 100 leading
scientists who found a harmony between science and the Bible. At the end of
his pilgrimage, he received the truth that the God of the Bible and true
science are in harmony.

 Note that it is important for so-called scientists to recognize that there
is a *true* science, and a science falsely so-called! Honest searchers after
truth must be prepared to receive truth when it is clearly and cogently
presented - and then make necessary adjustments. Many have done so like Lee
Strobel. Many are too caught up in man-made theories to be able to recognize
truth when it is honestly presented.

 It is amazing how much of Biblical unfolding of truth all begins here in
Genesis. All true Judaeo-Christian revelation begins here. The Jews see the
5 books of Moses (not the Documentary Hypothesis as set forth by unbelieving
Modernists) as the basis for all true humanitarian teaching and
understanding of God. They divide this portion they call "Torah" - or
teaching - into 54 portions, and annually according to the lunar year
starting at the Feast of Tabernacles, fully follow it through. A number of
Gentile believers who wish to understand their Jewish Roots more accurately,
attend for a while Messianic Jewish Congregations. Over 15,000 Jews in
Israel have returned to this faith of their fathers. Many orthodox Jews are
of the same spirit as the scribes and Pharisees of Jesus day, and severely
persecute them.

 These "Outlines" on our Website follow the order of the Torah readings.

 It is in the grace and mercy of God that He raised up Ivan Panin and Bible
Numerics Discovery. It too fully accords with true science, and is the basis
for our Website. We invite you to explore his Interlinear Greek Numeric
Outlined New Testament, and the Greek Word Studies also based on his
discoveries.

 Finally, in Chapter 3 of Strobel, "Doubts About Darwinism," he quotes Larry
Hatfield in Science Digest - "Scientists who utterly reject evolution may be
one of our fastest-growing controversial minorities. ... Many of the
scientists supporting this position hold impressive credentials in science."

 There were one hundred of them that Lee Strobel interviewed: biologists,
chemists, zoologists, physicists, anthropologists, molecular and cell
biologists, bioengineers, organic chemists, geologists, astro-physicists,
and other scientists. Their doctorates came from such prestigious
universities as Cambridge, Stanford, Cornell, Yale, Rutgers, Chicago,
Princeton, Purdue, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Temple, and Berkeley.

 They included professors from Yale Graduate School, the Massachusetts
Institute of Technology, Tulane, Rice, Emory, George Mason, Lehigh, and the
Universities of California, Washington, Texas, Florida, North Carolina,
Wisconsin, Ohio, Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa, Georgia, New Mexico,
Utah, :Pennsylvania, and elsewhere.

 Among them was the director of the Center for Computational Quantum
Chemistry and scientists at the Plasma Physics Lab at Princeton, the
National Museum of Natural History at the Smithsonian Institute, the Los
Alamos National Laboratory, and the Lawrence Livermore Laboratories.

 Their statement was direct and defiant. "We are skeptical of claims for the
ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the
complexity of life," they said. "Careful examination of the evidence for
Darwinian theory should be encouraged."

 These were not narrow-minded fundamentalists, backwoods West Virginia
protesters, or rabid religious fanatics - just respected, world-class
scientists like Nobel nominee Henry F. Schaefer, the third most-cited
chemist in the world; James Tour of Rice University's Center for Nanoscale
Science and Technology; and Fred Figworth, professor of cellular and
molecular physiology at Yale Graduate School.

 Think how the above influenced Lee Strobel. Think how they could influence
you and me and our friends. Jim Watt

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*