Acts 1-12

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 16:42:57 PDT 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

*2008 <http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   *ACTS 1-12 - OVERVIEW - T1501R*

*"THE BEGINNINGS OF THE** ek-kl**eSIa - CHURCH*

 *1. 1:8 (1) CHURCH AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. "But you shall receive power, when
the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and you shall be my witnesses both in
Jerusalem, and in all :Judaea and Samaria, and unto the uttermost of the
earth. *It is through Your indwelling Spirit Father, that we the church were
birthed. He has written Your laws on our hearts! This is the New Covenant
fulfilled. *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 2:1-2 (2) CHURCH: THEOLOGY OF PENTECOST. "And when the day of
:Pentecost was being fulfilled, all were together in the one place. 2 And
suddenly a sound came from :heaven as of a mighty wind rushing, and it
filled the whole house where they were sitting." *We must be *filled* and *
controlled* by Your Holy Spirit, Father. *This* is Your Kingdom in Your
Church. Forgive us for so often missing it. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 4:19-20 (3-5) CHURCH: MIRACLES AND PERSECUTION. "But :Peter and John
answered and said unto them, Whether it is right in the sight of :God to
hearken to you rather than :God, judge you: 20 for WE cannot but speak what
things we saw and heard. *The disciples almost *asked* for the persecution
they received, so great was their boldness and lack of fear of man! Father,
we rejoice in Your grace upon them. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on
earth.*

 *4. 8:39 (6-8) CHURCH GROWTH: DEACONS AND STEPHEN. "And when they came up
out of the water, the Lord's Spirit caught away :Philip; and the eunuch saw
him no more, for he went on his :way rejoicing." *Father, *Forgive us* for
not having that fresh expectancy of the early church at all times. It will
be this way at the end again, and as Solomon said, The *end* of a matter is
better than the beginning! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*