Luke 14-24 Overview

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 14:50:53 PDT 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

*2008.10.14 <http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

  *LUKE 14-24 - OVERVIEW - T1001R*

*JESUS: VERY MAN OF VERY MAN*

 *1. 14:23-24 (14:1-35) TIME: IN GALILEE, PRIOR TO JERUSALEM. "And the lord
said unto the bondman, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel
themto come in, that my :house be filled.
24 For I say unto you, that none of those :men :bidden shall taste of my
:supper." *Help us to be clear, Father, not deluded or deceived. My we
understand Your purposes and rule. *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 15:21 (15:1-32) THE LOST: VALUABLE IN GOD'S SIGHT. "And the son said to
him, Father, I have sinned against :heaven, and in your sight: I am no more
worthy to be called your son, make me as one of your hired :servants." *We
bless You Father for Your heart toward the prodigal. May we not squander our
inheritance. May we not be hard-hearted as the older brother. *Your :kingdom
come.*

 *3. 16:11 (16:1-17:10) PARABLES: SNARE OF RICHES. "If therefore you have
not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust
the true riches?" *Good stewardship in the natural prepares us to offer good
stewardship, Father, in the spiritual. Help us to see natural law in the
spiritual world. Help us to so honor You, that you can relate to us with
joy! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 19:45-46 (17:11-19:48) SUNDAY: TRIUMPHAL ENTRY. "And he entered into
the temple, and began to cast out them that sold, 46 saying to them, It is
written, And my :house shall be a house of prayer: but YOU have made it a
den of robbers." Father, we submit to Your Son to cleanse our bodies,Your
outer temple.* We would not defile them by inappropriate things, but cleanse
our flesh from all defilement, perfecting holiness in Your fear (2
Corinthians 7:1). *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 21:17-19 (20-21) MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY. "And you shall be hated of
all because of my name. 18 And not a hair of your :head shall perish. 19 In
your :patience you shall win your :souls." *What a marvelous promise! Hidden
from the storm in the cleft of the Rock! Safe in You, Father, in the eye of
the storm! 1000 falling at our side and 10,000 at our right hand, but not
touching us! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our
:debtors. *

 *6. 23:45b-46 (22:1-23:56a) FRIDAY: TRIAL AND CRUCIFIXION. "And the veil of
the sanctuary was rent amidst. 46 And :Jesus cried with a loud voice,
andsaid, Father, into your hands I commend my :spirit: and having said
this, he
breathed his last." *Here is a sign on earth signifying by You, O Father in
heaven, the

open way to reconciliation with You through the death of Your Son! *And
bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 24:44 (23:56b-24:53) SUNDAY: THE RESURRECTION. "And he said unto
them, These
are my :words which I spoke unto you, while I was yet with you, that all the
things written in the law of Moses, and the Prophets, and the :Psalms,
concerning me must be fulfilled." *What a Bible lesson of understanding and
interpretation this must have been from Your resurrected Son, Father! *But
deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE:* And who among men can understand the *mystery* of the Godhead? Who
can understand how Jesus can be perfect Son of God and at the same time
perfect son of man? Paul effectively states it this way,

*Who was manifested in the flesh,*

*Justified in the spirit,*

*Seen of angels,*

*Preached among nations,*

*Believed on in the world,*

*Received up into glory (1 Timothy 3:16).*

 The word "mystery" in the Bible lists a number of such mysteries. It is *
#3466* in Strong's Concordance, and appears 27 times in the New Testament. *
MusT**E**ri-on *in the New Testament denotes not the mysterious (as with the
English word,) but that which, being outside the range of unassisted natural
apprehension, can be made known *only* by divine revelation, and is made
known in a manner and at a time appointed by God, and to *those only* who
are illumined by His Spirit. ... The definition given above may be best
illustrated by the following passage: "*Even* the *mystery* :hid from the
ages and from the generations, but *now* has it been manifested to his
:saints" (Colossians 1:26). Link this with Ephesians 3:1-13, and you will
see how God chose Paul to reveal to the church this extraordinary revelation
of the *mystery* of the "One New Man". It took the God-man and man-God
Christ Jesus to bring this *mystery* into reality and fulfillment.

 Note especially how Luke gives such a large portion of his gospel in
setting forth the last week of Jesus. And it was *really* the Holy Spirit
through Luke, Matthew, Mark and John who majored on this last* *week.
Because of His Redemptive, Reconciling and Atoning work as Son of Man, Jesus
following His Resurrection and Ascension, took back the glory He had
temporarily laid aside on our behalf.

 Jim Watt

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>