Luke 1-3 - Overview Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 18:15:05 PDT 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

*2008-10-13
<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   *LUKE 1-13 - OVERVIEW - T0901R*

*JESUS: THE IDEAL MAN*

 *1. 1:13 (1:1-80) JESUS: PREPARATION THROUGH JOHN. "But the angel said unto
him, Fear not Zacharias: because your :supplication is heard, and your :wife
Elisabeth shall bear you a son, and you shall call his :name John." *We
marvel at your Sovereign Power, Father. You *are* our Sovereign God! We
magnify You for Messiah's soon second coming! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 2:52 (2:1-52) JESUS: FROM BIRTH TO TWELVE. "And Jesus advanced in
:wisdom and stature, and in grace with God and men." *Mental, physical,
spiritual and social growth: what a balance You have in Your Son Jesus,
Father! We submit to Him. Lord Jesus, live out Your wonderful life through
us (Galatians 2:20). *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 4:43 (3-4) JESUS: BEGINNING AND NATURE OF MINISTRY. "I must preach the
good tidings of the kingdom of :God to the other cities also: because for
this I was sent." *This Good News of the Kingdom of God must *first* be
preached among *all* nations, and *then* shall the end come (Matthew 24:14).
Father, we hear this word, and are willing to believe You for this in
*our*generation.
*Your :will be done, As in heaven, so earth.*

 *4. 5:24 (5:1-6:11) JESUS: MINISTRY BOTH ATTRACTS AND REPELS. "But that you
may know that the Son of :man has authority on :earth to forgive sins (he
said to the paralyzed one), I say unto you, Arise, and take up your couch,
and go unto your :house." *Jesus breaks the power of canceled sin and sets
the prisoner free! You have designed it so, Father! We bow at Your feet! *Our
:daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 6:35-36 (6:12-8:56) JESUS: PRINCIPLES OF HIS KINGDOM. "But love your
:enemies, and do good, and lend, never despairing; and your :reward shall be
great, and you shall be sons of the Most High: for HE is kind toward the
unthankful and evil. 36 Be merciful, even as your :Father is
merciful." *Father,
it is impossible for us to do this in our flesh. But in Messiah we can, for
it is *He* who does it in us! *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have
forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 9:49-50 (9:1-50) JESUS: KINGDOM TEACHING. "And John answered and said,
Master, we saw some one casting out demons in your :name; and we were
hindering him, because he follows not with us. 50 But :Jesus said unto him,
Hinder you not: for who is not against you is for you." *We must not be
cliquish. Thank You Father, that in Jesus You clearly teach us this lesson.
Cliquishness is *gross carnality*, and an affront to the unity of Your body.
*And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 10:22 (9:51-13:35) JESUS: CAUSES DIVISION. "All things have been
delivered to me of my :Father: and no one knows who the Son is, save the
Father; and who the Father is, save the Son, and he to whomever the Son
wills to reveal him." *Salvation is a Sovereign choice from You, Father!
This is from heaven's vantage point, which we very seldom see. We can't deal
with the wheat and tares yet.* But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE**: *As Matthew shows forth Jesus as the Lion of Judah - and Mark
reveals Him as the ox, the One with the Servant spirit; so Luke portrays Him
as the *Son of Man*. It was *this* title that Jesus loved to apply to
Himself! It is also seen in Daniel 7:13-14. And did He not voluntarily fit
into His Father's plan to do this, and become the Lamb of God slain from the
foundation of the world?

"*Wherefore when he comes into the world he says,*

*Sacrifice and offering you would not, *

*But a body did you prepare for me;*

*6 In whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin*

*you had no pleasure.*

*7 Then said I, Lo, I am come*

*(In the roll of the book it is written of me)*

*:To do your :will, O :God (Hebrews 10:5-7).*

 We need to carefully observe the benefits accruing on our behalf that are
recorded in the rest of this chapter. And - *all* these benefits are simply
based on Christ's Redemption through His great Atoning act at Calvary!

 He as God became man - that through His death and resurrection He might
reconcile us - the human race - back to God. The Physical suffering of
Christ on the Cross was one thing as recounted by Mel Gibson in "The Passion
of the Christ," - but when His sinless soul became sin on our behalf as He
hung upon the Cross - *that* entailed suffering for us that we will never
know.

 Then look carefully at the 7 verses above that I have selected with their
appropriate contexts. Note especially Luke 10:22. It is so easy to water
down this stated truth. But we must not do so! Rather we must let God say
what *He* wants to say, and let the Bible mean what *it* wants to mean. This
is why the* *Interlinear Greek Numeric Outlined New Testament that is on our
Website in progress - is so important. It lays out by context and "word
definition" in such a manner, that it is much more difficult for us to dodge
the true issue that is in the mind of God.

 May God bless us and lead us into all clear truth as presented in Jesus the
*Son of Man* of Luke.

 Jim Watt

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>