Romans 9-11

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 12:07:07 PDT 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*PO Box 25116 -- Federal Way WA 98093-2116*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

*2008.09.06 <http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   *ROMANS - 9-11 - T2606R*

 *1. 9:3-4a (9:1-13) ISRAEL: BY THE PRINCIPLE OF REMNANT. "For I could wish
that I myself were anathema from the Christ for my :brethren's sake, my
:kinsmen according to the flesh: 4a who are Israelites." * Father, we sense
the travail of Paul's soul (Gal 4:19) for his nation. Pray for the peace of
Jerusalem: they shall prosper who love you (Psa 122:6). We join Paul in
praying for a nation to be born in a day. *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 9:16 (9:14-29) ISRAEL: PICTURE OF GOD'S SOVEREIGNTY. "So then it is
:not of him that wills, nor of him that runs, but of God that has
mercy." *Lord,
let us not forget that we were dead in trespasses and sins, and You spoke a
word of mercy, 'Let him live!' and then the gift of repentance and faith and
life entered into us! We owe all to You. All that the Father gives Me shall
come to Me. Lord: the Father gave us, and we have come, and You have
received us. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 9:30 (9:30-33) ISRAEL: FAILED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS APART FROM FAITH. "What
shall we say then? That the nations, who followed not after righteousness,
apprehended righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith." *Jesus,
You are the Good News of the Kingdom, and we have not stumbled at You. The
Father granted us the gift of repentance and faith. O let Israel's eyes be
opened, and be grafted back into the Root. *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 10:9 (10:1-15) ISRAEL: SHOWN TRUE WAY OF FAITH. "Because if you shall
confess the word with your :mouth that Jesus is Lord, and shall believe in
your :heart that :God raised him from the dead, you shall be saved." *We
return thanks unto You, Father, and praise Your holy Name; for through this
word we entered Your Kingdom. We submitted unto Your righteousness, the
righteousness of God in Messiah by faith. *Our :daily bread Give us this
day.*

 *5. 11:12 (10:16-11:12) ISRAEL'S REMNANT: HAS FAITH IN RHEMA-WORD. "Now if
their trespasses is riches of a world, and their :loss riches of nations,
how much more their :fullness?" *Lord, we see resurrection-life in fullness
in the church coming from the fullness of Israel. O may we see antisemitism
and blinding in the church to these truths - as deception from the enemy,
and ungratefulness on our part. *And forgive us our :debts, as we also have
forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 11:15 (11:13-24) ISRAEL: TEMPORARILY CUT OFF FOR GENTILES. "For if the
casting away of them is a reconciling of a world, what is their receiving
but life from the dead?" **Reconciliation* - through Jesus our peace
offering! *Reconciliation* - made possible by the temporary cutting off of
Israel. *Restoration of Israel* - life from among the dead for all of us! *And
bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 11:28-29 (11:25-26) ISRAEL: TO BE RESTORED WITH GENTILES. "As to the
gospel, they are enemies for your sake: but as to the election, they are
beloved for the fathers' sake. 29 For the gifts and the calling of :God are
not repented of." *Israel is still beloved for Abraham, Isaac and Jacob's
sake. Father, do we share this truth? Do we perceive the revelation? Does
the spirit of Nazism still pollute our souls? Lord, we *reject* satan's
lies. We choose to pray the prayers of Paul. *But deliver us from the evil *
one.

 *NOTE:* Some have thought these 3 chapters to be a parenthesis. *Not
so!*These 3 chapters are the very
*heart* of the teaching on "Justification by Faith. Except God had in His
Wisdom and Foreknowledge temporarily taken Israel out of His chose position
for her, we Gentiles would not have been grafted into their Roots. But He *
did* take this drastic action, and whether we are aware of it or not - our
blessing as Gentiles in the Church is based on the temporary exclusion of
Israel from their favored position.

 And if we as Gentiles see and are aware of God's great blessing toward us
at the temporary expense of Israel, then what can we do to show our
thanksgiving both to God and to them? According to Paul in Romans 11, in
humility we can pray that the fullness of the Gentiles might soon take
place, and that then in mercy God can return to His promises to Abraham,
Isaac and Jacob. For when He grafts Israel back into their Roots, and a
nation is born again in a day - *then* blessings to Gentiles and Jews
together in the One New Man will increase beyond all human conception.

 Derek Prince most clearly saw this whole unfolding panorama.

 Let us read again these 3 chapters. We should especially meditate upon
Romans chapter 11. In 1991 in Yelm, Washington, I heard an Egyptian newly
arrived in Canada for his life's safety as a witness to Jesus. He had many
relatives lose their lives through the various wars in the past between
Israel and their Arab neighbors, especially Egypt. God asked him, "Would you
be willing to seek to win Jews to Me and pray for the spiritual Restoration
of Israel?" "Of course not," he replied, "in the light of what they have
done against me!" But God persisted - "Yet because you are Mine, and you can
see My promises in Romans 11 on their behalf - would you not reconsider your
reply?"

 My friend did reconsider his reply, and that night in Yelm brought one of
the most powerful challenges for Christians on the basis of Romans 11, that
I have ever heard.

 Years later as the head of a Missionary Movement in Canada, he was
responsible in setting up a meeting between survivors of the St. Louis, with
Canadians who represented the rejection of over 900 of their relatives
during World War II. Over 600 of them went to Hitler's gas chambers because
the United States and Canada turned this ship away.

 I will never forget the challenge of Romans 11 by this young Egyptian. All
Gentiles need to share his deep vision and commitment to bring God's will to
pass. Jim Watt

 PS. See Isaiah 19 for a most unusual prophecy concerning Egypt, Israel and
modern Iraq! The city Heliopolis mentioned in this passage, happens to be
the birth place of the young Egyptian mentioned above. J.W.

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web: http://skagitattic.com/pipermail/jmbetter/*