Healing of the Land

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri May 23 21:55:08 PDT 2008

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*
*Jim & Marie Watt*
*PO Box 25116 -- Federal Way WA 98093-2116*
*Tel: 253.874.4256 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*
*Web: www.2rbetter.org*
**

*"HEALING OF THE LAND" – 2008.05.23*

* *

Take note of Daniel Kikawa's latest book on Hawaii – "God of Light, God of
Darkness." It is published by "Aloha Ke Akua" Ministries, PO Box 492325,
Kea'au, Hawai'i 96749 (a 2008 publication). *www.alohakeakua.org *– (Online
orders received). ISBN: 978-0-964395-1-2

Perhaps some of you are aware that I met Daniel in Honolulu in 1987 at a
church that a friend of mine was pastoring. There I told the story how God
healed the land of Northern Alberta at that time. Farmers were going
bankrupt from excessive rain springtime and harvest for 10 years. A farmer
of several sections of land in Wetaskiwin saw me traveling back and forth
between Camrose and other parts of the Province. He and his wife prepared
for me a prophet's chamber like the great woman of Shunem did for Elisha.

On July 1st of 1987, I was chicken-sitting 1500 for the wife, who was
attending a Mennonite family reunion in Saskatchewan. As I was doing this
chore, I felt led to ask God – that what He did for Elisha maybe 2700 years
ago, if for my sake as His servant, He would not save the farm of my hosts
and friends.

He assured me that He would, and instructed me to gather a meeting the first
Wednesday of August. There I would learn why there was judgment on the land.

One cabinet-maker who attended from among some 8 different groups said that
10 years ago, there was a fight between white men of Wetaskiwin and First
Nations People of Hobbema, the largest Indian Reservation of Canada,
containing 5 separate nations or tribes. During the fight, an Indian was
thrown out of an upper hotel window, landed on his head and was killed.

The Indians understood that such things could happen when men were drinking,
but felt that justice should still be done. Upon making this request they
were told, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian – you should thank us!"

Neither God nor they felt that this was a right answer. God immediately sent
this 10-year judgment upon the land.

When I learned of the true cause of this severe problem, I immediately
contacted 3 of my white friends, who all agreed to petition the leaders of
the Hobbema Reservation to apologize and ask forgiveness on behalf of our
white brothers – for what happened 10 years previously.

I had a close friend who had attended the Sharon Orphanage and Schools of North
Battleford, at the time of the '48 Visitation. He had gained favor with the
Indians as a New and Used Car and Truck dealer, by making good deals with
them, and never cheating them once. As an acknowledgement, they made him an
Honorary Chieftain, and gave him a full Indian Head-dress of Eagle feathers
reaching to the ground. They then said – "Whenever you have a petition or a
desire – come to our business meeting and present it, and if it is within
our power, we will grant your request.

So I contacted Nick, told him of the revelation of the judgment we had
discovered, and asked if he would present our petition to appear before the
leaders of all 5 nations and tribes to apologize on behalf of our white
brothers of 10 years ago, and ask forgiveness.

Nick did so. After waiting many hours in their normal protracted meetings,
they finally turned to him and said, "Alright, great white brother, what is
your petition, and what is your request? If it is within our power, we will
grant it." He then presented the request I had asked of him on behalf of my
other three white brothers.

In disbelief they responded, "Say that again!" He did so, and the leaders of
these 5 nations again consulted together. Then they turned to him and said,
"You are a man of integrity. If you say these 4 men upon appearing before us
would make this apology and ask forgiveness on behalf of their white
brothers of ten years ago, your word is as good as their appearance. It is
as good as done. Tell them to meet the first Wednesday of September and
petition God to lift His judgment. We will agree with them on the
Reservation. It will be done! However, if sometime in the future we so
desire, we would like to have Jim Watt come before us concerning this. Any
white man smart enough to marry a wife with Indian blood in her, is a smart
man."

They have never acted upon this option, though recently I have discovered
that through a "Moser" on my mother's side, a marriage took place in the
past with one of the Micmac tribe of the Maritimes – so that I too with my
wife have a portion of Indian blood.

But – from the first Wednesday of September 1987 to approximately December
11th – for the first time in 10 years – all farmers – believers and
unbelievers – were able to fully harvest their crops, prepare the soil for
spring seeding, and make fence and other repairs!

The weather forecasters and meteorologists across Canada were amazed at this
ten year reversal, and could come up with no viable explanation. I asked my
Wetaskiwin farmer friend if he had let them know.

"Of course not," he retorted." You should be aware that whenever we would
tell of answered prayer they would say – 'O there you Christians go again –
always trying to get in on the act!'"

But if Canadian authorities are none the wiser, a Japanese believer in
Hawaii picked up on it – and this book listed above as a sequel to his
"Perpetuated in Righteousness," – finishes the story by recounting one of
the most remarkable sequence of historical events I have ever read in "The
Healing of the Land." What happened in Hawaii in 6 of their islands in 1998,
truly causes all other examples of healing of the land to be somewhat pale
in comparison.

Daniel had me write a brief note of commendation for his first volume, and
now has sent the second to my wife Marie and myself with the note that "This
book is a part of your many fruits of your spiritual children."

It really was God in Alberta that set up that illustration of "The Healing
of the Land." What Daniel and many others have recently done for Hawaii as
recounted in "God of Light, God of Darkness" – needs to be read by all
national groups who sense a problem of judgment on the land because of sin.
Perhaps in no case will it be as great as recounted in the State of Hawaii –
but nonetheless – that can be a strategic spring-board to launch "healing of
the land" in many other venues.

I heartily recommend that if you have an interest in this subject, that you
will consider the purchase of this book.

Jim Watt

* *

* *

*FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES – Web:**