Under Your Wings

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat May 17 10:15:48 PDT 2008

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*
*Jim & Marie Watt*
*PO Box 25116 -- Federal Way WA 98097-2116*
*Tel: 253.874.4256 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*
*Web: www.2rbetter.org*
**

*"UNDER YOUR WINGS"** – 2008.05.16*

* *

This is a testimony to the Faithfulness of God to Himself and His Promises –
and to the love of God.

This morning I either awoke very early, or was dreaming. These are the words
I heard myself singing:

*I am Thine, O Lord, And I heard Thy voice*

*And it told Thy love to me –*

*But I long to rise In the arms of faith*

*And be closer drawn to Thee.*

* *

*Draw me nearer, Nearer Blessed Lord,*

*To the Cross where Thou didst die.*

*Draw me nearer, Nearer Blessed Lord --*

*To Thyself – The Crucified.*

* *

God has used both secular and spiritual means to answer this prayer of my
heart, and to train me for His purposes. Following are a few highlights
setting this forth.

In 1927 my step-grandfather, G.R. Gordon visited us in Dallas, Texas where
my father was constructing a steam-electrical power house. Later in that
year we moved to his home in Vancouver BC at 1109 Barclay St.

During the 1929 depression in 1933, he made available to us as a family a
farm (one of some 50 properties he owned) in Murrayville, Langley BC. Each
month of the 4 years we were there he visited us, and each visit left a 32
page gospel story called the Lily Series. I read all 48 of them, and
resolved that when I grew up I would go to England and find the relationship
with God described in the 48 stories I had read. I knew of no one at the
time in Canada who had such an experience.

He also left a book with us entitled "Intra Muros" (Within the Walls) by
Agnes Reuter Springer – a remarkable story by an Episcopalian lady of a 3
week visit to heaven when she was very ill in Canada. This too made a
decided impact upon me.

I attended a full 4 years of Elementary School at Murrayville, and our
principal, Mrs. Mary Ann Bilton of Yorkshire, England, drilled into us Latin
proverbs during my time in grade 7 and 8.

"Mens sana en corpore sano" – A sound mind in a sound body. They go
together.

And "Tempus fugit, et numquam recipit" – Time flies – and never returns.

God used her to make an impact upon me.

When we arrived on the farm in 1933, I would at night stare into the heavens
– and marvel at the story they told of God and creation. I used to wonder –
"What if there were *nothing* in this universe? What could it possibly be
like?" The thought made me want to know the God of creation.

In 1937 the Great Depression started to lighten in our part of Canada, and
my father received a position as Chief Engineer of Bloedel Stewart and Welch
in Port Alberni on Vancouver Island. We ended up living next door to Bill
Wiles, the Math and Science teacher at the Alberni District High School. He
would come over and play table tennis with my younger brother George and me,
and we became very good ping pong players!

Then Mr. Wiles took 10 of the boys, and worked with them as a basketball
coach. He carefully trained them in many plays, and had them practice them
again and again, until they became a formidable team. They took the Vancouver
Island championship, and then to our surprise the Vancouver mainland and BC
one too. The ten went on to take Alberta, Saskatchewan and
Manitobaprovincial championships, and became the top High School team
for all of Western
Canada. The ADHS "Termites" were famous across Canada, and their coach Bill
Wiles made a decided impression upon me.

At that same time I played in the High School band to encourage the Termites
on to their home victories. A former Salvation Army bandmaster heard me
play, and thought I had potential for more that that as a band trombonist.
So he offered me free lessons to prepare for the Vancouver Music Festival
for solo instruments. We picked out "The Lost Chord" – and by the time we
were finished, it was no longer lost! I came out first in the Province
of BCfor the trombone, coming ahead of the leading trombonist of the
world famous
"Kitsilano Boys Band." Always I had a desire to be one of the "Kitsies."

Then in 1942-43 I attended my second year of University at UBC
(Universityof British
Columbia.) Again I played in the UBC Varsity band for special events, led by
Arthur Delamont, bandmaster of the Kitsilano Boys Band. They were due to go
on tour, and were short 3 players. Three of us in the UBC Varsity band
agreed to go on tour with them at the end of the school year – so my heart's
desire from farming days was fulfilled!

While attending UBC in the fall of 1942, God spoke to me for the first time
in my life, though I did not yet know Him. I was reading Psalm 107:23-24
when suddenly the Spirit of God spoke inaudibly to my spirit, "If you join
the Navy – I'll reveal Myself to you!" I couldn't tell anyone of this voice
– because Essondale was the place they put people at that time who heard
voices! I couldn't tell my father why I couldn't let him get me a commission
in the airforce, and why I had to join the Navy.

Again – God was faithful! 9 months after I joined up he revealed Himself to
me just as He promised.

Then in 1945 World War II was over. Sailors could get out a year early if
they had a job or a school to go to. I had neither. In desperation I fasted
and prayed all one night in the ship's laundry in August of 1945. At 5 AM,
God gave me a vision of a bicycle with a bent frame that I had sold in 1941
without telling the buyer of this. I asked God – "Why are you showing this
to me?" "Because you won't get out of the Navy till you make this right."
"But I wasn't a Christian at the time," I protested. My protest did no good.

So I started to bargain with God. "I'll give him back the $20.00 I got from
him in 1941." No answer. I had read the Bible through in 6 weeks as soon as
I was converted, to see what I had got myself into. I remembered reading
that if you were late with your tithe; you had to add 20% to the principal.

So I said – "I'll give him $24.00!" Immediately I heard from God – "Write
George R. Hawtin, Bethel Bible Institute, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and ask
to enroll as a student. No address! Nonetheless, I shortly received
application forms for a new student.

I filled them out and returned them.

Shortly I received confirmation of my acceptance.

I brought it to my Captain, and requested my discharge. "Where do you want
to be discharged, son?" he asked. "Esquimalt outside of Victoria," I
replied. Soon I was on a train from Halifax to Victoria. On the way I had
the privilege of leading a discharged Airman to the Lord.

On the Sunday I was home in Port Alberni with my parents, my home pastor
asked me to preach. Guess who was sitting in the 3rd row in the aisle seat?
The man I repaid the money to for the bike with the bent frame! How I
thanked God for requiring me to make that wrong right!

Later when my father was on his death bed with cancer – this same man
visited him every night for a month, and led him to the Lord. He later said
to me – "Jim – if ever a man died right with God – your father was that
man!" Thank God!

I arrived at BBI in Saskatoon in October 1945, two hours before registration
closed, and saved a $5.00 late registration fee! A Scotsman's bargain!

Then on February 11, 1948 God visited the former BBI, now the Sharon Schools
of North Battleford, about 90 miles NW of Saskatoon.

I was a student minister and couldn't look into this; but in April Ern
Hawtin came down to the Princess Elizabeth High School Auditorium in
Saskatoon to give a report. That very afternoon service I entered into the
fullness of what took place February11th. Then in July they held a Summer
Camp Meeting, and George Hawtin asked if I would serve as one of the 7
elders to lead the meetings. What a privilege! The presence of the Lord was
so real you could cut it with a knife! 12 Embryonic Revival Principles came
together at that time. The last of the 12 came in Edmonton in October – "The
Heavenly Choir!" In 1944 someone lent me "40 Years of Signs and Wonders in
the Life of Mrs. Maria Woodworth-Etter." I was struck with the extraordinary
account of "The Heavenly Choir." The Holy Spirit whispered to me, "In the
not too distant future, you will see this restored." I shared this with Ern
Hawtin in October of 1945. He asked when I thought this would happen. I told
him, all I know was what the Holy Spirit told me – "In the not too distant
future!"

In Edmonton October 1948 Ern Hawtin asked me if I would be willing to speak
on "The Heavenly Choir" if his brother George agreed. He did. So I used
Psalm 22 and Hebrews where it recounts Jesus worshipping the Father in the
congregation of His saints – His spiritual body; plus many other relevant
scriptures. When I went to sit down, I found Ern holding me to the pulpit –
and urging me to believe God and launch out for this restoration.

We sang the old chorus "Hallelujah" twice, and then I urged the congregation
to launch out and let the Holy Spirit take over. Within 5 minutes I heard
worship such as I never heard before in all my life.         It was Indian
summer, and the windows of the church were open. Six blocks away 2
businessmen heard this, and were so intrigued that they followed their ears,
and both were saved!

In June of that same year I made an offer to the Lord. I was preparing to go
to North Africa to a Muslim country, and was learning Arabic. I felt it
would be too dangerous to marry and bring a wife there. So I offered myself
to the Lord with the "Gift of Singleness."

He thanked me, but asked, "If I could link you with one where together the
two of you would count more for Me in My Kingdom than either of you would
alone, would you do it?" I answered Him that of course I would – but there
was only one girl that would qualify, and she was Catholic and lived a
life-style much livelier than mine – so I was safe!

3 days later I got an 8 page letter from Marie Gaudet telling me how she was
reading the Bible 8 and 12 hours a day without stopping! My heart stopped! I
invited her to the July Camp Meeting in North Battleford. Following that she
attended the Hawtin meetings in Vancouver for 6 weeks without missing a
meeting. During that time God gave her the Birth from Above, and baptized
her in the Spirit. That December 27th we were married in Port Alberni, and
had our first date on our honeymoon!

In April 1949 God led us to the United States, and in September to the
Northern Baptist Theological Seminary of Chicago. The following year He
visited College and Seminary Campuses across the US with Revival, the second
for me. It powerfully transformed our Seminary. 100 churches were revived
and 1000 souls saved in 2 months through the student pastors involved.

Then in 1967 in answer to a request of Marie – I sought the Lord for clearer
insights concerning His thinking on behalf of our united lives. That very
night He gave me two visions. The first was concerning an automated laser
telescope, that in the Spirit could remove principalities and powers from
over cities, areas, regions and nations.

The second had to do with 70 teams of 8 who would be the organic laser
telescope of vision number one. He used Zechariah 12:8 to illustrate the
effectiveness of this. In Deuteronomy 32:30 one enemy of the Lord can drive
1000 to flight, but two, 10,000. How much more God's servants walking with
Him? But Zechariah says that in the last days, God will ensure that "the
feeble" will be like David (10,000!), and they of the house of David like
God (one million!). Two would be 10 million; two couples, 100 million; four
couples, one billion!

These 70 teams of 8 each could remove principalities and powers over cities,
areas, regions and nations, and as David mopped up the Philistines after
God's angels first moved in – so these teams could move in and mop up for
God – cities, areas (Cascadia, the Pacific NW) regions and nations.

To help me understand the significance of this, God challenged me to ask Him
for a Destiny Dream. I responded positively, in 1985. That very night, God
had a medical doctor from Spain appear to me in Washington D.C. He informed
me that my prayer request had been received by God that night, and that he
had been sent to give me the answer. "Cervantes" – in one word – has all you
need for your destiny dream. I found there is only one "Miguel Cervantes" in
the Encyclopedia, the author of Don Quixote. He with his servant Sancho
Panza did not team up too well. Quixote was so heavenly-minded that he was
little earthly good, and he wasn't properly teamed up with his practical
servant, to get the help from him that he needed.

God politely informed that I was a bit too much like Don Quixote. But there
was a practical side of me that he would help me to bring into balance. He
would give 2 or 3 dreams a week to check me up on my progress (which He
did). However – even when I achieved this balance – it would be insufficient
– I would still be too much like Quixote. But Marie was very practical like
Sancho Panza – and when we learned together how to move as one – *Then* the
full purpose of our marriage would come together.

When we returned from our 3rd trip to Israel in 1992, God gave me another
vision in July. George R. Hawtin appeared to me (though he was now with the
Lord). He was helping get ready for a conference of 6000, and because
deacons were short, was helping out. He said to us – "I am too old to lead
in another Visitation. You and Marie were both with us from the beginning –
You know the 12 Embryonic Revival Principles that came together at that
time. I pass the torch to you! Take it, and bring the 12 Embryonics to
maturity – *they* shall be parameters of safety for the last great revival
before God's Son returns!"

Well – I awoke with trepidation. In 1998 Richard Long from
Torontochallenged me to write up the 12 Embryonic Revival Principles.
He in turn
sent them across Canada. The response for the full articles that he
abbreviated led my son Jim Jr. to make a Website for me.

But things in the computer field quickly become dated, and my grandson
Keelan said, "Grandpa, you need a place on your Website for 'Archives'
containing your key articles. But really you need a new updated Website with
the latest Computer Technology."

He is about finished with this project, and will be releasing it to you in
the not too distant future.

He has a "User Friendly" Homepage with a Top Bar bringing together the 12
Embryonic Revival Principles – the 12 Interlinear Greek Numeric Outlined New
Testament portions that correspond, the Outlines to those New Testament
books, plus the corresponding Greek Word Studies that bring it all together.

Now let us look at this again. February 11, 2008 was the 60th Anniversary
for the North Battleford Visitation. Friends in Minnesota hoped to have a
celebration to commemorate this event, but meeting facilities failed to
materialize. So – the Rev. Dr. John Roddam of St. Luke's Episcopal Church in
Seattle said – "Let's do it here." That previous Fall he arranged for ten 30
minute segments to be filmed in our home, in which he chaired Marie and
myself to bring out the high points of the 1948 Visitation. This 3 DVD
presentation is available by going to *www.reason-for-hope.com *.  It was an
overview of that that John again chaired February 11th and 12th in the
church of which he is Rector.

All of the above I believe has been orchestrated by God. It is not that
Marie and I are so special – but that God being God – He can choose whom He
will for whatever assignment He is interested in. But prior to regular
assignments, "Intimacy with Himself" is His Prime Assignment. It is our *
being* more than our *doing* that interests Him!

Look at the Title again – "Under Your Wings." This is the way I see His
dealings with Marie and myself in "Two Are Better than One" Ministries. So
2008 is not only the 60th Anniversary of the Latter Rain Visitation of 1948,
but May 14th was the 60th Anniversary of Israel becoming a nation again
after nearly 2000 years – and the 60th Anniversary for Marie and myself
obeying God in marriage.

So do we see God's hand shaping our lives in these and many other events?
Yes – both spiritual and secular.

Your friends – Jim & Marie Watt

* *

* *