Interlinear Numeric Greek NT

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 18:50:56 PST 2008

* *

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*PO Box **25116 – Federal Way** **WA** **98023-5640***

*Web: www.2rbetter1.org – Fax: 253.474.0189*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 – Email: jmbetter at gmail.com *
*December 8, 2005*
**
***

Jim & Marie Watt

February 29, 2008

Re December 18, 2005 article on Panin and Interlinear Greek NT.

The Interlinear Numeric Outlined NT is progressing fairly well. – 25
chapters are completed – but LOTS to go. (235 chapters to be exact). – It
goes faster with each chapter – but a GOOD 3 years to finish – and we both
turn 85 this summer!

Some of you are aware of the connections between the 12 Embryonic Revival
Principles of 1948 in Northern Canada – the Latter Rain Visitation. Through
Father John Roddam of St. Luke's – Marie and I were recorded in December in
ten 30 minute programs to document the highlights of this time. Many are
ordering and giving us good reports – NOT for our sakes – but because of the
report on the significance of what GOD did 60 years ago! Should you wish to
order – go to www.reason-for-hope.com and click on "Biography."

The 12 tribes of Israel; the 12 separate Temperaments associated with each
of the tribes; the 12 natural Greek Word Study Outlines in the Interlinear
Greek NT by Panin – and the 12 Embryonic Revival Principles of '48 are like
2 streams coming together to form a mighty concourse to prepare the way for
the Return of our Lord!

I was recently explaining this to our son-in-law, and he suggested it would
be helpful to set forth the principles of the Numeric Phenomenon discovered
and worked out by Ivan Panin. Within a week one of our readers made the same
suggestion, and I sent her an article I had written 3 years ago as an
introduction to what you are receiving in small sections.

Because many of you have become subscribers within the last two years and do
not have this introduction – I have updated it somewhat and am resending it.
Trust it proves helpful – and answers some of your unspoken questions.

Your friend – Jim Watt
*

* *

*"NOTES ON NUMERIC INTERLINEAR GREEK NT by Ivan Panin"*

* *

*One.  *This is not a typical Interlinear Greek New Testament. First of all,
the format is chosen so that main and supporting clauses can be immediately
seen in a poetic type of format rather than all running together as in
prose. Peter Marshall, former Chaplain of the US Senate, wrote all his
sermons this way, and Winston Churchill wrote his speeches in a similar
manner.

*Two.  *The English translation is not consistently under the Greek words in
the usual strict manner. This is done so that those interested primarily in
the translation, may read it with more ease.

*Three.  *The Greek text has been transliterated into English letters so
that any layman can pronounce the Greek words with an approximate correct
pronunciation. The transliteration follows the Berlitz method of learning
new languages. The accented syllable is capitalized. In the case of more
than one connecting syllable, a hyphen is used to keep each word a unit.

*Four.  *For those not too familiar with Greek, but desire to know what is
the key Greek Word that the English translates, the Strong's Concordance
Number beside each significant Greek word will make this clear.

*Five.  *In Greek there are two forms for the letter "e" and "o". So that
you may differentiate between the two, the long "e" and "o" are underlined.

*Six.  *English "help" words in the translation that do not appear in the
original are in "Italics." The Authorized King James version and most other
translations follow this same format.

* *

*Seven.  *The "iota subscript" is a vestigial form standing for the letter
"iota" in ancient Greek. It helps to identify the Dative Cases as one of its
purposes. It is appreciated by advanced students.

However, my computer does not include this "subscript", and because the
majority of readers who will use this Interlinear New Testament would not
make use of it, it has been omitted. Scholars can easily verify each
occurrence.

*Eight.  *The Definite Article "the" in Greek is of great importance. Latin
does not have this part of speech. The King James Authorized Version is
declared to be a translation directly from the Greek, but the definite Greek
article is not correctly used. It seems apparent that the translators of the
611 AD version relied far more heavily on the Latin Vulgate than the Greek
originals. Panin has been very careful to give this Greek part of speech its
proper place. When it does not make sense to use it in his translation, he
puts it in as a "colon" in front of the noun or verb form it modifies. Those
who understand the importance of this part of speech, will appreciate being
made aware of its presence.

*Nine.  *Punctuation in the Greek differs in some points from English.
Because the Greek has been in our case transliterated into English letters,
I have taken the liberty to change into the Greek text, the English "colon,"
"semi-colon," and "question."

*Ten.  *There is a "rough breathing," and a "smooth breathing" in Greek. The
former has an apostrophe facing the word starting with a vowel. It has been
transliterated with an "h" in the transliteration. The "smooth breathing" is
not pronounced, and is traditionally not transliterated.

*Eleven.  *But MOST of all, and ABOVE all, the two texts employed are that
of Ivan Panin's Numeric Greek and English New Testaments. There is
absolutely no deviation from Dr. Panin's Greek text. However a very few
minor changes have been made in his English translation. "Ye" has been
replaced with "you;" "whilom" has been replaced with "former," because of
its archaic nature. You can trust that except for such very minor changes,
you are reading exactly as Panin himself made his translation, even to the
punctuation. He was a master of English, and though nearly 100 years have
passed since he made his translation, we could not feel justified in making
any other changes. If you purchase his translation, you can check how
faithfully we have adhered to his own text.

The Jehovah's Witnesses offered to make an Interlinear Greek New Testament
from his two texts. He regretfully turned their offer down, because he saw
them as a "cult." So his two texts have lain dormant since 1942, with his
vision unfulfilled. Another has made an Interlinear Greek New Testament for
his two texts, but has changed not only his translation, but even in places
changed the Greek Text. I for one cannot recommend its purchase.

*Twelve.  *Dr. Panin discovered through Numerics that God has established
even the correct sentence structure, sub-paragraphs, paragraphs and chapter
equivalents. This text has been formatted, assigned sentence topics, with
summaries for each sub-paragraph, paragraph and chapter equivalent. Needless
to say, these titles and summaries are not inspired. For this reason we
leave a space above each. You the reader are invited to substitute your own
in case you feel you can improve on ours.

I purchased all of Panin's 20 or so books, booklets and pamphlets in 1945.
It was because of the above contextual discovery that I have personally
spent over 40,000 hours in preparing to post this Interlinear New Testament
on our Website, book by book as they are completed. The order of the books
is according to a natural combination of Greek words. For example, the
5-fold Ministries of Ephesians 4:11 is the basis for one of the 12 Embryonic
Revival Principles restored to the church in the 1948 Visitation at North
Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada.

We will therefore post Greek Word studies on these 5 ministries at the same
time Ephesians is posted. At the same time we will post the first chapter of
the book on these 12 Embryonic Revival Principles.

Following this we will post 1 Timothy with its corresponding Greek Word for
"Presbytery," and its related synonyms such as "elder." Acts 13:1-3 and Acts
15 will share as the basis for understanding what God restored on February
11, 1948 in Northern Canada in what has been dubbed "The New Order of Latter
Rain" by some. It is interesting to note that the word "Christian" was given
to early believers by their enemies.

P.S.  For those of you who are interested, you can check out my article
entitled "Reaching Unbelievers through Bible Numerics" and published by "The
Evangelical Fellowship of Canada." Click on the following URL to get on
their Website: *http://www.christianity.ca/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=4553&srcid=1979
 *You will find 5 links in this article which have helped many others who
have clicked on them.              Jim Watt**