Book Outline + Word Studies

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 20:16:00 PST 2008

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*PO Box **25116 – Federal Way** **WA** **98093-2116***

*Tel: 253.874.4265 – Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org – **January 25, 2008***

* *

* *

* *

*"EPHESIAN BOOK OUTLINES + WORD STUDIES"*

* *

The book of Romans introduces Paul's 7 key churches to the Feast of
Passover. Here Justification by Faith is laid out. Here Martin Luther
received his clarion call: "*The Just* shall live by Faith." This truth is
repeated in Galatians and Hebrews, but all 3 quotations have variant
emphases. It ushers believers into the Outer Court of the Tabernacle and
Temple.

But EPHESIANS is the FULCRUM teaching of Paul's 7 churches. It emphasizes
life in the Holy Place of Tabernacle and Temple. It swims in the Feast of
Pentecost. It is the only one of Paul's 14 epistles with 3 separate
groupings of words: the 7 UNITIES of the Spirit; the 5 Ascension Offices;
and the 7 pieces of armor for God's Corporate Soldier. In this study we will
consider the 'Apostle' and 'Prophet' of EPH 4:11-12.

1 & 2 Thessalonians consider the Feast of Tabernacles through the Second
Coming of Christ. It prepares us for "Bridal Love Realized" in the Holy of
Holies.

The past 60 years have had an emphasis by the Holy Spirit upon 'Apostles'
and 'Prophets.' The Azusa Street Revival of 1906 emphasized the "Gifts of
the Spirit" through the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. But the 1948 Northern
Canada Visitation placed an emphasis on these 2 offices, plus the Presbytery
Concept. Since The Protestant Reformation, there have been steady stages of
restoration back to the life of the early church. The last Visitation prior
to the return of Christ will bring to maturity and unity all past
restoration revivals.

There are many facets to all of this. All is contained in the New Testament
epistles and outlined in the Book of Acts.

City churches operating with all of the above will more than satisfy our
longing hearts for God Himself in His Triune entity, and in His workings in
our midst. Jesus in the Spirit is the will of the Father for us at this
stage. H.A. Baker, George Muller, Rees Howells and Oswald Chambers are but 4
of many pointing us in the right direction.

Jim Watt

* *

* *

*FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES – Web:**
http://skagitattic.no-ip.org/pipermail/jmbetter/ *

*T3601R – EPHESIANS – THE CHURCH: GOD'S MASTER-PIECE  *

* *

* *

* *

*One.  1:1-14.  NINE BLESSINGS IN MESSIAH.  "Blessed the God and Father of
our :Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in
the heavenlies in Christ" (1:3 NNT): *Father, we see Jesus at Your right
hand in heaven, full of grace and truth – our Advocate, our Intercessor and
our Great High Priest. He is our Head on Your behalf. *Hallowed be Your
Name.*

* *

*Two.  1:15-2:10.  VISION MOTIVATES.  "For by :grace have you been saved
through faith; and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; **9** not
of works, that no one should glory" (2:8-9). *Let us never forget this
truth, Father! Let us always remember that we can add nothing to the
finished work of Messiah on Calvary. *Your :kingdom come!*

* *

*Three.   **2:11**-3:21.  REVELATION OF THE MYSTERY: THE CHURCH.  Jesus
Christ "in whom every building, fitly framed together, grows into a holy
temple in the Lord; **22** in whom you also are built together into a
habitation of :God in Spirit" (**2:21**-22). *Father, we would progress from
being Your individual buildings and become Your corporate inner temple, a
fit habitation for you: for You are worthy, O God!       *Your :will be
done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

* *

*Four.   4:1-16.  CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENT: EQUIPPING.  "And HE gave some as
apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, shepherds and
teachers; **12** for the perfecting of the saints, unto a wok of ministry,
unto a building of the body of the Christ" (4:11-12). *We have given lip
service to this truth, but have not pressed in to ask for its fulfillment in
its maturity.  *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

* *

*Five.   **4:17 – 5:14**.  SANCTIFICATION: INEVITABLE COROLLARY.  "And have
no fellowship with the unfruitful :works of :darkness, but rather even
reprove them; **12** for the things done by them in secret it is a shame
even to speak of" (**5:11**-12). *Father, give us a pure mind like that of
Messiah. We put ourselves in the way of mind renewal. We want to love
righteousness and hate iniquity.                *And forgive us our :debts
as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

* *

*Six.   **5:15** – 6:9.  LOVE RELATIONSHIPS.  "Thus ought the husbands also
to love their own wives as their own bodies. Who loves his own :wife loves
himself: **29** for no one ever hated his own :flesh; but nourishes and
cherishes it, even as the Christ also the church" (**5:28**-29). *O God our
Father, forgive us as husbands for giving lip service and mental assent to
this principle of Kingdom truth, but failing so often to practice in from
our hearts. *O bring us not into temptation.*

* *

*Seven.   6:10-24.  MYSTERY OF EVIL.  "For our wrestling is not against
blood and flesh, but against the principalities, against the authorities,
against the world-rulers of the :darkness, against the spirituals of the
wickedness in the heavenlies" (**6:12**). *Again, open our spiritual eyes to
see this principle and reality. Help us not to move carnally against satan,
but according to the principle of 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 in a *corporate *sense.
*   But deliver us from the evil *one.

*T3605R – EPH 4:1-16 – CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENT: EQUIPPING*

* *

* *

* *

*One.  4:1-3.  UNITY OF SPIRIT: BASIS FOR EQUIPPING.  "I therefore, the
prisoner in the Lord, beseech you to walk worthily of the calling wherewith
you were called, **2** with all lowliness and gentleness, with
longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; **3** giving diligence to
keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of :peace." (NNT)  *Father, we see
one body, with each of us as members in particular! We discern Your body in
one another. We cannot make it apart from You in us *corporately*!  *Hallowed
be Your Name.*

* *

*Two.  4:4-6.  SEVEN UNITIES: ESSENTIAL FOR EQUIPPIG.  "There is one body,
and one Spirit, even as also you were called in one hope of your :calling; *
*5** one Lord, one faith, one baptism, **6** one God and Father of all, who is
over all, and through all, and in all."  *We bless You Father, for these
seven Unities! We embrace them, and corporately commit ourselves to them.
They are the common denominator. We commit ourselves to them.       *Your
:kingdom* *come!***

* *

*Three.  4:7.  GRACE FROM HOLY SPIRIT: POWER FOR EQUIPPING.  "But to each of
us was the grace given according to the measure of the gift (do-reA) of the
Christ." *Father, we bless you for the 'd*o*-reA,' God's artesian well, the
gift of the Holy Spirit. We thank You that You meet all our spiritual
needs.
*Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

* *

*Four.  4:8.  MESSIAH'S ASCENSION GIFTS: PROVISION FOR EQUIPPING.  "Wherefore
he says, When he ascended on high, he led captivity captive, And gave gifts
to :men."  *Without the foundation-ascension offices operating in Your
Church, none of us will develop, as we ought. Unless we as Your corporate
Body accept them without respect of persons, we will lose out.  *Our :daily
:bread Give us this day.*

* *

*Five.  4:9.  MESSIAH'S INCARNATION: ATONEMENT FOR EQUIPPING.  "(Now the He
ascended, what is it but that he also descended into the lower parts of the
earth?" * Lord* *Jesus, for us and the departed dead, You ministered and
gave forth the Evangel! Father, we trust You and Your Son in all Your
purposes. Where we do not understand, we still trust.  *And forgive us our
:debts as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

* *

*Six.  4:10.  MESSIAH'S ASCENSION: AUTHORITY FOR EQUIPPING.  "Who descended
is the same that ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill :all
things.)"  *O the glory of Your workings in Your Son, our Lord Jesus,
Father! You are omnipotent! There is *nothing* too hard for you! You are
Almighty!  *            O bring us not into temptation.*

* *

*Seven.  4:11-16.  MESSIAH'S OFFICE GIFTS: TOOLS FOR EQUIPPING.  "And HE
gave (Aorist) some as apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists;
and some, shepherds and teachers; **12** for the perfecting of the saints,
unto a work of ministry, unto a building of the body of the Christ"
(4:11-12).  *Father, we bless You for the gracious office gifts flowing from
Your Son through the Holy Spirit. We submit to these equipping ministries.
We magnify You!   *But deliver us from the evil *one.

* "APOSTLE" – aPOsto-los – 81x – Strong #652 -- from #649 – aPO + STELlo-mai
*

"The Word Study Concordance" – George V. Wigram & Ralph D. Winter, 1978

*One.  Luke **6:13** (12-19)  APOSTLES: JESUS CHOSE 12 FROM AMONG MANY
DISCIPLES.  "And when it was day, he called his :disciples; and chose from
them twelve, whom he also named APOSTLES." *Derek Prince made a point of
this verse. Following a complete night of prayer, the Father showed Jesus
the specific 12 disciples to choose from among thousands – to be APOSTLES.
These had to be with Jesus from the beginning as witnesses. 12 others are
mentioned in the NT as apostles, but in a somewhat different category.

* *

*Two. ROM 1:1 (1-7)  APOSTLE: PAUL **CHOSEN** OVER AND ABOVE THE 12.  "Paul,
bondman of Jesus Christ, a called APOSTLE, separated unto God's gospel." *Note:
Paul* *places himself as a BONDMAN of Jesus Christ in prior importance to
that of the apostle. Ponder this.**

* *

*Three.  1 COR **12:28** (12-31)  APOSTLES: SET BY GOD FOR AS LONG AS THE
CHURCH.  "And :God has SET (Aorist) some in the church, first APOSTLES,
second prophets, third teachers, then powers, then gifts of healings, helps,
governments, kinds of tongues." *The Aorist tense has the sense that God
intends apostles to function as long as the church functions.

* *

*Four.  EPH **2:20** (11-22)  APOSTLES: WITH PROPHETS & JESUS – THE CHURCH'S
FOUNDATION.  God's household, "being built upon the foundation of the
APOSTLES and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being chief corner stone." *Note:
The church is not founded on the 5-fold ministries – Apostles and Prophets
take precedence over the last three as the foundation. But Jesus in turn
takes precedence over them.

* *

*Five.  EPH 4:11-13a (1-16)  APOSTLES: GIVEN BY CHRIST TO EQUIP THE CHURCH.
"And HE GAVE (Aorist) some as APOSTLES; and some, prophets; and some,
evangelists; and some, shepherds and teachers; **12** for the perfecting of
the saints, unto a work of ministry, unto a building of the body of the
Christ: **13** till we :all attain unto the UNITY of the faith." *Jesus *
gave* (Aorist) the 5-fold ministries to function as long as there is a
church. Maturity in the church is dependent upon the efficient functioning
of these 5. Note that in 1 COR 12:28, teachers are set in a separate class
from shepherds.

* *

*Six.  HEB 3:1-2a (1-6)  APOSTLE: IN JESUS – TO BE CONSIDERED!  "Whence,
holy brothers, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider the APOSTLE and
High Priest of our :confession, Jesus; **2** who was faithful to him that
appointed him." *The Holy Spirit is the One here exhorting us to consider
Jesus in His high Apostolic calling. He is the Pattern for all other
apostles.

* *

*Seven.  REV 2:2 (1-7)  APOSTLES: TO BE DISCERNED IF FALSE.  "I know your
:works, and your :toil and :patience, and that you cannot bear evil men, and
did try them that call themselves APOSTLES, and they are not, and did find
them false." *The last reference we have chosen for this word, concerns
FALSE apostles. May we be like the Ephesian church, and well able to discern
the false from the true.

* *

* *

* *

*"PROPHET"** – proPHEtes – 148x – Strong #4396 – from #4253 – pro + pheMI
(to say) 58x*

*Strong #4398 PROPHETESS – proPHEtis – 2x*

Note: In the Greek NT there are 5 words all meaning "to say or speak". The
root word is eRE*o** (4076 refs. with all cognates); EIp*o* 22x;
LEg*o*1341x (LOgos from this)

RE*o* 27x (R*E*ma comes from it) – John Stegenga

*One.  Acts **3:22** (11-26)  PROPHET: JESUS – FORETOLD TO MOSES & ISRAEL.  "A
PROPHET shall the Lord God raise up unto you from your :brothers, like unto
me; to him shall you hearken in all things whatever he shall speak unto
you." (NNT). *Jesus is an EXTRAORDINARY prophet. There is none like Him –
never has been – and never will be. His words and His alone are Spirit and
they are Life. ONLY as we daily find in Him and drink of His Spirit do we
have what the Father has designed for us. J. Hudson Taylor found that John
15:1-16 expressed this most clearly.

* *

*Two.  Acts 13:1 (1-3)  PROPHETS: PART OF MISSIONARY-SENDING TEAM.  "Now in
the church that was at **Antioch** were PROPHETS and teachers, both
:Barnabas and Symeon :called **Niger**, and Lucius of **Cyrene**, and Manaen
foster-brother of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul." *This is a most significant
portion of Scripture. Here we see a functioning of prophets in the
Presbytery concept.

* *

*Three.  1 COR **12:28** (12-31)  PROPHETS: SET TO FUNCTION IN THE
CHURCH.  "And
:God has SET (Aorist) some in the church, first apostles, second PROPHETS,
third teachers, then powers, then gifts of healings, helps, governments,
kinds of tongues." *We cannot emphasize this verse too much. This with
Ephesians 4:11 were majored on in 1948 by George Hawtin. The fullness of
understanding here has not yet been realized.

* *

*Four.  1 COR **14:37** (37-40)  PROPHET: KEY CONDITION FOR FUNCTIONING.  "If
any thinks himself to be a PROPHET, or spiritual, let him take knowledge of
what things I write you, that it is the Lord's commandment." *Prophets must
saturate themselves in the full counsel of God. They need to be aware of
apostolic teaching and understanding as it proceeds from one like Paul. This
makes a team such as Paul and Silas – after Barnabas went another way.

* *

*Five.  EPH **2:20** (11-22)  PROPHETS: **KEY** **FOUNDATION** **FOR** **
CHURCH**.  God's household, "being built upon the foundation of the apostles
and PROPHETS, Christ Jesus himself being chief corner stone."  *Here again
we see the two-fold foundation for the church from the human viewpoint. From
God's vantage point however, it is JESUS who has center stage as the Chief
Corner Stone.

* *

*Six.  EPH **4:11** (1-16) PROPHETS: GIVEN TO EQUIP THE CHURCH.  "And HE
(Christ) gave (Aorist) some as apostles; and some, PROPHETS; and some,
evangelists; and some, shepherds and teachers." *The 1948 Northern Canada
Visitation majored on this portion of Scripture through George Hawtin. Can
we do less? Should we?* *

* *

*Seven.  **REV 2:20** (18-29)  PROPHETESS: JEZEBEL – A FALSE ONE.  "But I
have against you, that you suffer the woman Jezebel, who calls herself
prophetess; and she teaches and seduces my :bondmen to commit fornication,
and to eat idol sacrifices."*

Just as Jesus warned of false apostles in one of the 7 churches of
Revelation – NOW He warns of this false prophetess in anther of these 7
churches. How could a city church such as Thyatira fall into such delusion?