2 Timothy 2:15

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 20:47:47 PST 2007

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*PO Box **25116 – Federal Way** **WA** **98093-2116***

*Tel: 253.874.4265 – Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org – **December 17, 2007***

* *

*"APPROVED WORKMEN ARE NOT ASHAMED"*

*AWANA – 2 Timothy **2:15** – Lance Latham, Chicago*

*(2:1-4:8  A WORD FOR YOUNG LEADERS)*

* *

SPOUda-son [4704] se-auTON DOki-mon [1384] pa-raST*E*sai [3936] t*o* The*O*,

*Give diligence to present yourself approved to :God,*

erGAt*e*n [2040] a-nePAISchun-ton [422],

*a workman that needs not to be shamed,*

or-tho-toMOUNta [3718] ton LOgon [3056] t*e*s a-l*e*THEIas [225].**

*rightly dividing the word of the truth.*

* *

*NOTE:* Lance Latham grew up under Paul Rader, and then branched out on his
own. His vision based on a Boys' and Girls' Club was also based on an
accurate understanding especially of the book of Romans. This will always be
remembered.

Then see his wisdom in starting each weekly meeting with intensive
competitive games for 4 teams, with prize awards. This tired the members out
sufficiently so that the last session of being checked out for badges – had
their attention.

AWANA's has all the good things of Boy Scouts. Its uniqueness lay in the
Bible Memorizing by chapters. Many members memorized the entire book of
Romans.

It is ONLY by an accurate knowledge of the Word, that we can eventually
understand it, and state clearly its various teachings.

This then becomes the basis for true, accurate and helpful prophecies. The
gift of prophecy not based upon the right dividing of the truth, profits
little. But when we have done our homework, then our prophecies will truly
"Build up – Stir up – and Cheer up!" (Edify, Exhort and Comfort) The more of
the Word we understand from a living relationship with God, the more our
prophetic word will be a blessing to the Body of Christ, His Church.

We should not strive to enter into Personal or Directive prophecies – but
leave these to the Office of the Prophet – and City Presbyteries composed of
the 5-fold Ministries of Ephesians 4:11.

For a Boy, Girl, or Young Person, Awanas is a wonderful way to become
grounded body, soul and spirit. I believe to memorize the New Testament by
Chapter and Books is a wise procedure. May I suggest that for these last
days we consider using *"GOD'S NUMERIC ENGLISH NEW* *TESTAMENT"* translated
by Ivan Panin? Here one has an authenticated text based on the Numeric Greek
text, the same as the original.

Many translations exist in the world today, but NONE can match these
criteria. Start out with Romans 5-8; then 1-4; then 9-11; and finally 12-16.
Any Boy, Girl, Young Person or Adult with THIS under his belt – will be able
to fulfill the challenge from our text: 2 Timothy 2:15.

Romans 9-11 is now prepared in the Greek Interlinear Format, and the rest
will follow.

Your friends – Jim & Marie Watt

PS. Marie and I led the First Baptist Church of Round Lake Illinois in this
program from 1959-1962 with most salutary results. J & M.