Christmas Letter

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 21:17:53 PST 2007

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*PO Box **25116 – Federal Way** **WA** **98093-2116***

*Tel: 253.874.4265 – Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.com – **December 13, 2007***

* *

*"2007 CHRISTMAS LETTER"*

*   From our House to your House  *

* *

*To our Family and Friends –*

* *

First – thanks for the many cards and letters already received from many of
you – much appreciated and enjoyed!

Some of the highlights for us in 2007 – Our big change. We were led by God
to leave Beth Chesed after 9 ½ years. In March of 1998 some 40 folk
interested in a Messianic Jewish service asked if we would lead them till
they got a Rabbi. That did not happen. Marie led the congregation weekly for
those years in "praying for the peace of Jerusalem" and our interests in
Israel. I led in looking at the weekly Torah reading, plus linking it with
"Through the Bible in a Year" (TBIY).

Paul, Peter's oldest, is our 4th grandson, now 16, in the "Running Start"
program, finishing High School at Tacoma Community College. He is doing very
well, especially in writing! But he felt a missing link – he had input from
his peer group, but was lacking in touching base with his senior generation.
He asked if he could come over with us regularly to find out our viewpoint
on the "Olden Days." Grandma especially blesses Paul with her cooking, and
challenges him in "Scrabble." He even won once!

Keelan, Anna's youngest, is our number 3 grandson, and has been entertaining
us as a Skagit College "DJ" in Mount Vernon on a weekly basis on his
"Eclectic Hour." It's quite a shock to hear him announce – "And now we will
have a nice Jewish number," and he introduces a bright and lively Messianic
Jewish piece from Israel!"

Our Jim has surprised us as he has been picking up geographical and cultural
insights: SE China in April; Ukraine and Russia this Fall; and Italy this
December! We are thoroughly enjoying and appreciating his reports and
insights.

John Roddam of St. Luke's Episcopal Church in Seattle asked if we would be
open for Stuart Spani of North Vancouver to come down and film an interview
with us on John's part, to document the events of 1948 in North Battleford,
Saskatchewan. We have seen the 1st of 3 DVD's of this in an unedited copy,
and were very impressed. These will be made available as a package of 3 for
a very reasonable cost prior to the February 11th 60th Anniversary. The 4 of
us who took part believe God has not only led in this production, but will
use it for His glory.

In July Marie and I took three of our grandsons – Peter's #2 Mark and #3
William, plus Keelan, Anna's youngest, to Port Alberni BC for the last of
the Gaudet reunions put on by the original 9. That number is dwindling as
members are being "called home," hence the change in format. Numbers of the
members and spouses are now over 80 – and all over 70. It was a great time
of reunion with over 150 present.

Our first grandson Seth, Anna's oldest, now 24, had a pleasant surprise this
year. He completed his work on his Master's degree in Computer Science, and
hoped to get a job at "Logos" in Bellingham before entering the doctoral
program. They weren't hiring in his field however, though he had worked for
them for 2 summers – but unexpectedly Western State University in
Bellinghamcontacted him and asked if he would like to come on staff.
So starting with
the Fall Quarter he has been teaching a class of 120 in Computer Science
101, and another class in Ethics. We are delighted for his sake.

During the "Feast of Tabernacles," September 26th to 30th we ministered in
Blackfoot, Idaho with Pastor Brian Harrison and numerous other ministries.
It was an exciting time ministering in a tent while it was snowing outside!
However, God seemed to do what He wanted! Apparently, He loves the tent, as
He told Pastor Brian. Very interesting things are going on in the spirit in
this Idaho valley.

In November we were invited with 11 other couples in ministry to come
together Thursday through Saturday for a time of waiting on God in praise,
worship, prayer and sharing in Vantage, Washington. What is God planning for
the Pacific Northwest? It was a great time for getting to know one another
in the Spirit. We sense God has more for us corporately.

Finally this year, since 1967, I have stumbled upon a format for Panin's
Numeric Interlinear Greek New Testament that I can live with. The first 23
chapters are about completed and mailed out in this new format, and 21 more
chapters (James through Jude) will soon follow. In three years it is
possible to have the 260 chapters of the New Testament completed and posted
on our Website. It is an arduous but blessed commission, and we would
appreciate your prayers.

Both Marie and I are praising God for the wonderful health, strength and
vitality He gives. Without Him, we could do nothing.

We trust this will be a most blessed Christmas season for you and yours. May
His love and His presence guide each step of your new journey in 2008,
because He has a wonderful plan for your life!.

Jim & Marie

PS. A most helpful book for me in 2007 – Herman Wouk's "The Will to Live
on." It is a follow-up on his "This Is My God" – written 40 years
previously. It was a gift from Marie to me. He is also the author of "War
and Remembrance" and its predecessor, "Winds of War." J & M

* *

* *

* *

* *