Canada's Remnant: Awake!

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 18:26:01 PST 2007

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*PO Box **25116 – Federal Way** 98093-2116*

*Tel: 253.874.4256 – Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org – **November 20, 2007***

* *
*"**CANADA**'S REMNANT: AWAKE" – **11-3-1995*
****

**

*PASTOR'S INSIGHT FROM **CALGARY**, **ALBERTA***

            Four Christian leaders from Calgary attended the "Gathering of
the Nations" Conference this year at Whistler, BC over the July 1st weekend.
They witnessed the vertical reconciliation of the First Nations People led
by Freda Cooper of the Coast Salishan people.

            They also witnessed the call of Premier Jacques Parizeau of
Quebec to hold the October 30th Referendum to form a separate nation. They
saw that up to October the vote would not substantially differ from 1980.
Then came Lucien Bouchard as the spokesman for Bloc Quebecois. Within 30
days he rallied the Secessionists until victory looked close, but possible.

            In Britain some years earlier Bouchard reported to a friend that
the mantle of Rene Levesque fell on Parizeau, yet Bouchard felt the presence
of Levesque with him whenever he spoke on behalf of separatism.

            In 1990, though of the Conservative party and a cabinet member
in Ottawa, yet Bouchard congratulated the Quebecois on the tenth anniversary
of their 1980 attempt at Secession, and encouraged them to believe for
eventual victory. For this he lost his cabinet position, left the
Conservatives, and joined the Quebecois.             He is now a Member of
Parliament in Ottawa, in the minority government standing against the
Liberals of Prime Minister Jean Chrétien.

            Quite recently he suffered from flesh-eating bacteria, and lost
one of his legs. It has been surmised that he saved his life by agreeing to
become the spokesman for Quebec Liberation. As a demagogue he infers that
the "Yes" Francophones can retain all the benfits of Canadian citizenship
while becoming a separate nation.                  The Rally in Montreal by
representatives from other Provinces just before the Referendum, assuring
the Quebecois of their love, and the Prime Minister's belated promises of
change and reform on their behalf, probably swung the tide to the
1.2%victory for the "Non's," with a scant majority of 50,000 out of
just under 5
million votes, 92% of the electorate.

*GOD'S REPRIEVE*

*            *Nothing has changed in the hearts of the Francophone Quebecois
– they promise a future referendum in which they can win. However, the
extreme closing remarks of Premier Jacques Parizeau, criticizing the
Anglophones and Allophones who with the 40% "Non" Francophones, was so
unwise, insensitive and unpolitical, that the day following the Referendum,
he was forced to offer his resignation.

            It is thought by some that Canada has but a 30 day reprieve to
act. A horizontal reconciliation between Anglophones and Francophones is
called for NOW. If a representative group of Canadians seek and obtain
audience with the bitter and disappointed Quebecois, apologize and confess
their past misconduct and wrong attitudes and ask forgiveness; and further
seek to understand sympathetically the situation from both points of view,
and encourage constitutional reform federally for the good and satisfaction
of not Quebec only, but for all 10 Canadian provinces: THEN the unity of
Canada can be preserved for God's purposes.

            The close and narrow victory that could just as easily have been
defeat, is God's ATTENTION GETTER to Canada, that His wisdom is needed to
heal this Dominion, and come up with a national solution approximating the
need and desire of all 10 provinces.

            Canada cannot afford to become a doughnut with a great hole as
its center.

*GOD'S STATED PURPOSE FOR **CANADA*

            On October 31, 1975, Pastor David Yonggi Cho of Seoul, South
Korea gave the following word in Evangel Temple, Kelowna, BC.

            "And this is now the prophecy in my heart for Canada.
After the debacle of Viet Nam, American influence has been receding very
fast in the third world; there is a large open gap, that their world is not
so ready to listen to America anymore. They don't trust their word.
    "So American missionary work is suffering a death blow, and they are one
by one packing up and leaving. Who is going to fill up that wide open gap
till Christ returns?

            "I expected Great Britain to take up this task, but they are a
sinking small island now; they can't even solve their own problems. And also
when I went to Scandinavia to hold meetings: Communism, idealistic
Communism, just sweeps the whole strata of society and is unable to take on
the problems of the world. I was discouraged.

            "I said, 'Father, who is going to come and fill this gap?' And
when I came to Canada, the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart, 'Son, you have
come to the country which I have chosen. This country is the country I have
chosen to fill up the gap.'

            "Being a Canadian is now a welcome Hallmark throughout the whole
world. It was not like that ten years ago. But now if you have a Canadian
passport, you are welcome to every country in the world, to the Communistic
countries as well as the free world; and the third world too.
Americans cannot receive a welcome like this anymore. You have the welcome
open door like the open door of the Philadelphia church in the book of
Revelation; and you have the finances, and the well-trained personnel; you
have a good church, and God calls YOU to rise up to meet this challenge
before Christ returns. A clear-cut clarion trumpet sound is coming to Canada
!!                 RISE UP, Canada! Meet the challenge! God wants YOUR young
men and young women to rise up and give their lives as living sacrifices!
God needs YOUR money, YOUR business, YOUR homes, YOUR lives to be dedicated
to the Lord!

            "I am from the third world, from the mission field. As the Bible
says, 'Cast your bread upon many waters: after many days it will return to
you again.'

            "I stand here as 'regained bread,' and I now relay God's message
to YOU! God is depending upon YOU! God is expecting YOU CANADIAN CHRISTIANS,
especially Spirit-filled Christians.

            "Brother and sisters, God wants YOU to rise up and fill this gap
for Christ's sake!

            "And I KNOW that you WILL do it! I know that you are WELL ABLE
to do it.

            "God bless you."

            In 1979 in Toronto, Cho gave a similar word.

            In August of 1984 he gave the following word in Sackville, Nova
Scotia, just outside of Halifax.

            "Nine years ago and five years ago I visited Canada and traveled
from Montreal to Vancouver by car; I was preaching from town to town; and at
that time while I was speaking, the Canadian church was very small, and I
felt somewhat depressed. But wherever I went the Holy Spirit spoke to my
heart, that God was going to raise up tremendous churches in Canada, and
that Canada would be used as a missionary sending country, and that
Canadawould open the way for Jesus Christ to return to this earth.
I was afraid to confess that, because when I was praying in motels and
hotels – the Spirit of the Lord would yet impress my heart to say it. I was
afraid to say this because I thought that America was far greater than
Canada.

            "If ever God would choose to use any country, surely God would
use America as a big country with greater resources and population.

            "But God again and again spoke to my heart that He was going to
use Canada. So finally in Kelowna and Toronto, with great inner faith, I
prophesied as the Holy Spirit anointed me; and then I totally forgot about
my prophecy.

            "Then just the other day when I was coming from Vancouver to
Halifax on the airplane, a a gentleman came to me and asked, 'Are you the
Pastor Cho from Seoul, South Korea?' So I said, 'Yes, I am.'
'You know,' he said, 'my wife and I listened to your audio tape nine years
ago that you made in Kelowna, and we heard your prophecy at the end of your
message. We transcribed your prophecy and printed it, and I have a copy with
me. 'Then he took out this copy and gave it to me. 'When you go,' he said,
'please read it. This will remind you of the prophecy you gave nine years
ago.'

            "I was AMAZED how the Holy Spirit planned that I should be
reminded that God was going to use Canada.                      And so I
really believe that God is going to bless Canada, and that the Canadian
church is going to rise up once again, and go to the four corners of the
world, and bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to pave the way for His second
coming. Praise the Name of the Lord!"

How could the above words be fulfilled with a divided Canada? They could
not! Therefore it is incumbent upon the intercessors of Canada to
corporately become like Moses, and cry out to God as he did. When God wanted
to destroy rebellious Israel and replace them with a people from Moses,
Moses refused out of hand this offer, saying, that God's great Name would
suffer from such an arrangement.

            Canadians must NOT passively succumb to an acceptance of
circumstances that may or may not work out together for good. No! They must
ARISE, and FAST and PRAY, and HUMBLE THEMSELVES, seek God's face, TURN from
their wicked ways, and believe God to hear, forgive, and HEAL THEIR LAND!

            American Intercessors are even now extending hands across the
border to join with them for the sparing of God's judgment.
God said to Jonah: 'Yet 30 days and I shall destroy Nineveh. Declare unto
them the impending Judgment.'                    Jonah did so on God's
second appeal. Nineveh heard, repented and called on God. God repented, and
gave REPRIEVE to wicked Nineveh for 100 years.

*RECENT ATTESTATIONS OF GOD'S CANADIAN PURPOSES*

            A revivalist came from South Africa to America with a word of
quickening and hope. It was received with varying results throughout a
number of States in this country. But when the challenge came to Toronto in
January of 1994 it exploded, with world-wide repercussions. Apart from the
pros and cons of this movement, it does have much good fruit. Judge it by
its fruit, and throw out the dirty bath water, but save the baby. And judge
that Cho's word to Canada lines up with this Awakening.

            In July 1994, Emile Abadir from Egypt prophesied that if
"Watchmen for the Nations" of the British Columbia Lower Mainland would
convene a "Gathering of the Nations," represented by key "Eagle Saints" of
these nations, that He would speak a word to them that would eventually have
world-wide impact.

            On July 1, 1995, Freda Cooper of the Coast Salishan nation led