Jim Watts Mailing, Fake email requesting money

Gokee2 gokee2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 18:13:10 PDT 2007

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES *

*Jim & Marie Watt -- Beth Chesed, **Tacoma***

*PO Box ** 25116 -- Federal Way** **WA ** **98093-2116** *

*Web: www.2rbetter.org <http://www.2rbetter.org/> -- Fax; 253.474.0189*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: *See bottom note

*July 31, 2007** *

* *

*_"Email_**__**_ -- _**_July 31 2007 _**_"_*

Good Afternoon,

First of all in big bold letters:

    1.  The email with a subject line of* "An Emergency Help Needed" did
not come from** Jim Watt

    *2.  Jim Watts email account *jmbetter at gmail.com* has been attacked
and some unknown person now controls it, for the time being *do not
respond or send email to this account*.

This is Jim Watts grandson Keelan Long.  I set up and have been
maintaining my Grandpa`s mailing list for a few months now.  Earlier
today (7-31-07) at about 4:40 PM a email was send out that looks like

    /How are you doing today? I am sorry i didn't inform you about my
    traveling to Africa for a program called "Empowering Youth to Fight
    Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the program is
    taking place in three major countries in Africa which is Ghana,
    South Africa and Nigeria. It as been a very sad and bad moment for
    me, the present condition that i found myself is very hard for me to
    explain./

    /  I am really stranded in Nigeria because I forgot my little bag in
    the Taxi where my money, passport, documents and other valuable
    things were kept on my way to the Hotel am staying, I am facing a
    hard time here because i have no money on me. I am now owning a
    hotel bill of $ 1000 and they wanted me to pay the bill soon else
    they will have to seize my bag and hand me over to the Hotel
    Management., I need this help from you urgently to help me back
    home, I need you to help me with the hotel bill and i will also need
    $1500 to feed and help myself back home so please can you help me
    with a sum of $2500 to sort out my problems here? I need this help
    so much and on time because i am in a terrible and tight situation
    here, I don't even have money to feed myself for a day which means i
    had been starving so please understand how urgent i needed your help. /

    /   I am sending you this e-mail from the city Library and I only
    have 30 min, I will appreciate what so ever you can afford to send
    me for now and I promise to pay back your money as soon as i return
    home so please let me know on time so that i can forward you the
    details you need to transfer the money through Money Gram or Western
    Union. /

    /Thanks,/
    /Jim Watt/

*__*
The subject of this email was "An Emergency Help Needed".  You may
notice the lack of a header and the fact it comes from
"jmbetiter at gmail.com" rather then "jmbetter at gmail.com".  However this is
not a very big change!  The email did not come from Jim Watt this is a scam!

Whoever did this was able to get into my Jim Watts email account on
gmail.  The password has been changed and Jim Watt now has no access to
his email.  His computer also froze and a friend of his who works for a
computer company said he should turn it off in case the person who got
into his email account also found a way into his computer.  A list of
all or almost all the email addresses on this list are stored on the
gmail account from the time my Grandpa was sending out mail to his
mailing list through gmail.  The attacker may or may not have found
his/her way into mailman (the mailing list management system I set up a
few months ago) but the passwords have now been changed just in case.

Feel free to send any email to my gmail account gokee2 at gmail.com and I
will get it to my grandpa as soon as his computer is working again.

Sorry for the inconvenience and please be careful with all the email you
receive in the coming weeks.  If you did not receive the email
referenced, and your name was added to the list recently, (last few
months) you may be safe.

Keelan Long

<mailto:jmbetter-subscribe at skagitattic.no-ip.org>_*

*_ _*