Prayer Request

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 09:48:19 PST 2014

*Tel: 253-517-9195 <253-517-9195> - Email: jmbetter at gmail.com
<jmbetter at gmail.com>*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org <http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

November 7, 2014

This is Marie writing. Since Jim’s home call July 19th, 2014, there have
not been any mailings to speak of, since I am computer illiterate.

                However, so many times things have come up, and I’ve
thought, “If Jim were here, he’d want to send something out on this”. He
has so much material on his web site that could easily be sent out again.

                One of my favorite articles is on the challenge of praying
for the Salvation of our loved ones in our clan. We had so many responses
and testimonies about “Clan Salvation”.

                The most remarkable answer to prayer for our family, was
finding our half-brother, Gerard Gaudet. When my parents married in
Kamloops, B.C, Oct. 31, 1922, each had lost their spouse, and each had a
child.

                My mother’s first husband, Azarie Riendeau of Montreal,
P.Q, died in November, 1918, from the “Great Influenza” that swept the
world. They had married Jan. 18th, 1918. Then her daughter, my half-sister,
was born April 10th, 1919. So my widowed mother, now had an infant to care
for. Fortunately, friends and since found family, were there for her.

                Meanwhile, my father’s first wife, Emma Pronovost, died May
1921, leaving a young son, Gerard Gaudet, born Dec. 2 1920. My father left
his son, with his wife’s parents, and never returned for him. Gerard always
waited for his father to come and get him, but that never happened.
Gerard’s mother’s sister took him in, and she and her husband raised him.
They had no children of their own. So Gerard was God’s gift to them. They
never adopted him so he remained Gerard Gaudet. This is how we were able to
find him.

                When my parents married, my mother’s daughter Claire was
with them. She would have been 3 ½ years old.

My parents moved to Port Alberni, on Vancouver Island, in B.C in March
1923. I was their “delight” by joining this new family Aug, 17, 1923. The
first of nine more to come! My youngest brother, Paul, the “baby” of the
family, always says he was the last, because the “perfect” one had now come
along, there was no need of any other children!

                Our family always knew of Gerard, but didn’t know where he
was. I remember my mother writing letters to different places in Puebeo
hoping to find him, But no responses came.

                When Jack Hayford, a 4-sq. Pastor from L.A came to speak in
our church, First Baptist of Arcata, CA. in August 1982, he threw out the
challenge of praying for “our clans”, people with the same surname of our
families.

                Jim took the challenge seriously. The next morning, as our
custom was to pray together each morning, he started praying for all the
Watt’s, all the Gaudet’s (my maiden name), and any other relative names he
could think of. “If 2 of you shall agree together, God will answer, doing
miracles” – Matt 18:19.

                If you can find “Clan Salvation” on our website (dated Nov.
16, 2001), you’ll read the miracles God did in our family. We found my
half-brother, Gerard, in April 1996. When we started praying we didn’t even
know if he was alive, what his name might be, or where he could be.

                We had prayed to find Gerard, knowing God loves families,
and confessing Acts 16:31, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, thou shalt be
saved, and thy house”. We were in Covenant with God. “He watches over His
word to confirm it (to bring it to pass)”. – Jer. 1:12

                We also could visualize the Word, “as a hammer that
breaketh the rock in pieces” – Jer. 23:29.

                God has not changed. He is the same today, as He was
yesterday, and will be tomorrow. Praise his Holy name.

                Now the reason I am sharing our finding Gerard, is to
implode in you such a desire to pray and see God Glorified, and our Lord
Jesus Christ exalted, in helping Keelan in his next endeavor.

                You will remember our grandson Keelan who taught Grandpa
Jim how to navigate a computer, and did all his mailings, etc. Without
Keelan, Jim would never have been able to send out his writings as he did
weekly (often more).

                So this mailing is to ask for your prayers for Keelan. 3 ½
years ago your prayers helped him travel safely across the U.S, beginning
in Mount Vernon, Washington, to Houston, Texas in his 1992 Ford Contour,
loaded to the gills. His drive took five days in April 2011. He is still in
Houston working for a computer security firm.

                The company is now sending him to their Satellite branch in
Cardiff, Wales, to help set the program in place. Apparently, there are
about 100 people in this office. Keelan is to work with the project
Engineer to model it after their Houston Headquarters. He’ll be there for
two weeks, and then plans on taking two weeks to visit Europe. Quite an
undertaking for a young man alone.

                Should God speak to your heart to pray for his business
trip to be successful and the two weeks traveling Europe be a blessing;
covered by the security of the Lord Jesus Christ, and His Angels.

                “When Jesus putteth forth His sheep, He always goes
before”. John 10:24. Amen.

                Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and
lean not unto your own understanding”.

                In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your
paths”.

See Angels leading, guiding, and directing:

                PS.91:11

                PS. 103:20            Exodus 23:20, 23

                Heb. 1:14

                It’s good to touch base again with you. Bless you for all
your prayers and love for our family.

Incidentally, God has wonderfully gifted me with my grandson, Paul Watt, 23
years old, finishing up his last two quarters on his B.A on Economics at
University of Washington, Tacoma. He has been living with us since June 19,
2014, and such a joy and blessing. He is sending out this computer mailing.
Thanks be to God.

Lovingly, with prayer,

Marie

<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org>*