Jim's Farewell

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 18:55:58 PDT 2014

*Tel: 253-517-9195 <253-517-9195> - Email: jmbetter at gmail.com
<jmbetter at gmail.com>*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org <http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

July 24, 2014

Dear family and friends,

This is Marie writing, Jim's partner, friend, and wife of 65 years.

Since Jim has been very ill the past year, he has been unable to send out
his weekly mailings, plus other messages he felt were important enough to
be shared.Unfortunately, I am not a computer person, though I thoroughly
enjoyed all the E-Mails and articles Jim printed for me. Now God has
provided my 23-year-old grandson, Paul, Peter's oldest son, to do Computer
mailings, etc. for me, and live with me.

God, who knows the end, from the beginning, blessed us with Paul living
with us the past month and helping with Jim. However, Keelan is still the
webmaster. He is still grandpa's right hand for website.

On May 5, 2013, Jim had his first bladder cancer surgery. About a month
later, he suffered a minor stroke, that impaired his memory and speech.
However, he managed to keep going for awhile.

But after his second surgery, Sept. 25th, 2013, he was in much pain, and
unable to do much, let alone his computer work. His ability to read was
gone, and he didn't talk much.

He was fully bedridden at the first of the year. We were so blessed that
hospice came to help. He had a most wonderful Christian man as his nurse's
aid coming in three days a week for an hour, to do his grooming and bless
him. We are so grateful for James.

Hospice provides a "Respite" Nursing Home time for 5 days, to give
caregivers a rest, once a month.

Last Monday, July 14th, an Ambulance picked Jim up at our home to go to
Orchard Park Nursing home in Tacoma for the five day stay. He was supposed
to come home Friday.

Because, at almost 91 years of age I didn't have the strength to continue
looking after him, we decided to leave him there another week.

On Friday afternoon, July 18th, I spent about 3 hours with him. Before
leaving, I prayed for him, and told him God would provide for all his
needs, all he had to do was call - Jer. 33:3 - and Heb. 13:5-6 -- "I will
never leave you, nor forsake you, so boldly say, the Lord is my helper, so
I will not fear..."

Then, the Lord gave me another verse for him - 2 Tim. 4:6-7 - "I have
fought a good fight. I have finished my course, I have kept the faith -
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness...".

I never realized these would be my last words to my husband. As I left him,
I was wondering if I was able to continue caring for him at home, little
realizing he had a much better home to go to!

The next morning, Sat. July 19th at 11:30am, I received a call from the
Nursing Home; he was not responding very well. Do you want to come and see
him? Of course; but before we left, at 11:45am, another call from the
Nursing home - "He had left us". So, praise God, we know where he is. He is
rejoicing in Heaven with Jesus, and the rest of our loved ones whom have
already moved on.

Later that afternoon, I was able to see him, and again spend some time with
him, praying, praising God, and thanking him for the 65 years we had
together. Though he had left us earlier, his body was still peacefully
waiting for the next part of his journey.

Truly there is rejoicing in heaven over Jim's admission. "Well done thou
good and faithful servant, thou hast been faithful over a few things, I
will make you enter into the joy of the Lord," Matt. 25 21.

Jim celebrated his earthly birthday, July 5th as he turned 91 years of age.
Then 14 days later he celebrated his real birthday; being with Jesus in his
Father's mansion; John 14: 1-2.

There will be a Memorial Service, Sat. Aug. 9th, at 1:00pm at Christ
Church, 941 So. Dash Point Road, Federal Way, WA. 98003. Phone 253-941-2711.

We are also celebrating a Memorial Service in our home town, Port Alberni,
B.C - on Vancouver Island, at the First Baptist Church, Sat. Aug. 23rd at
1:00pm, where our nephew, Pastor Bert Thomson, will be officiating. His
dad, Albert Thomson, was the first one in our (Gaudet) family to come to
Christ under Jim's preaching, at the Baptist Church in Port Alberni in July
1951. What a glorious, long life, walking with Jesus, and what a heritage
he has left behind. God Bless Albert!

God has done so many miracles for us during Jim's illness. We are most
grateful to all who have carried us in prayer. It has made such a wonderful
difference for us. Thank you.

His grace has been abundantly poured out over us. Thank you, Jesus.

We will be releasing a biography of Jim's life in our next e-mail. So,
bless you, dear family and friends, and please continue to pray for our
family - me, Marie, mama - Daughter Anna and husband Garl, their two sons,
Keelan in Houston, Texas and Seth and Jennifer Long and family, as well as
son, Jim, and his daughter, Chelsea and son Brody, and his son James. Also,
our 2nd son, Peter, and his 3 sons, Paul, Mark, and William.

We hope to see many of you at the Memorial service in Federal way, WA. and
Port Alberni B.C. Aug 23rd.

God bless each of you and thank you for being there enjoying His love,
protection and bountiful provision, and His Angels He sends to minister to
you. (Heb. 1:14).

Lovingly, in the joy of the Lord, and in His strength... Be blessed.

Marie

P.S An added miracle - I am soon to be 91 (Aug. 17), I got my driver's
License renewed, Mon. July 12th, for the next 4 years, passing the eye
exam, with NO GLASSES!

ALL HAIL, KING JESUS!

<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org>*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES - Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/