Hebrews 7-10 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 12:11:18 PDT 2013

April 24, 2013

 *OCT 26 - HEBREWS 7-10 - MELCHIZEDEK: SUPERIOR TO AARON*

 *1. 7:25 (7, NNT) JESUS: NATURE OF HIS MELCHEZEDEK PRIESTHOOD. “Whence
also he is able to save to the uttermost them that approach :God through
him, he ever living to make intercession for them.” *Father, this is Your
wonderful Son You are setting forth before us! He has a benign rule in the
Spirit! His Kingdom is *not** *of this world, but a hidden, inner kingdom
of the heart today. At His return it will become a glorious manifested
Kingdom. The intercession of Jesus will release it. *Hallowed be your :name!
*

 *2. 8:6 (8) JESUS: SUPERIOR TO AARON THROUGH NEW COVENANT. “But now has he
obtained a ministry the more superior, by so much as he is also mediator of
a better covenant, which has been enacted (constituted as Torah) upon
better promises.” *Father, we rejoice in the more excellent ministry of
Jesus. We rejoice that the *better* covenant has been constituted as Torah,
so that it is now fully suitable for the Church, the One New Man composed
of both Jew and Gentile. We rejoice that it is now *written on our
hearts*by the Spirit!
*Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 9:22 (9) JESUS’ BLOOD: SANCTIFIES THE HEAVENLY TABERNACLE! “And
according to the law, almost all things are cleansed with blood, and apart
from shedding of blood is no remission.” *Here is the awe-inspiring heart
of it all: the *death* of Jesus, and *the shedding of his blood*! Father, *
this* is what spells defeat for Satan: *Calvary*! *There* his head was
crushed. From there Jesus triumphantly rose again! *Your :will be done, As
in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 10:5-7 (10:1-18) MESSIAH: FULFILLS SHADOW OF LAW. “Wherefore when he
comes into the world, he says, Sacrifice and offering you would not, But a
body did you prepare me; 6 In whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
you had no pleasure: 7 Then said I. Lo, I am come (in the roll of the book
it is written of me) :To do your :will, O :God.” *Forgive us Father, for
understanding so dimly, and walking so far off from the spirit of Jesus. O
put in our heart the spirit to say - we *delight* to do Your will, O our
God! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 10:24-25 (10:19-25) MESSIAH’S BLOOD: BASIS FOR OUR BOLDNESS. “And let
us consider one another unto provoking of love and good works: 25 not
forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is a custom of some, but
exhorting; and so much the more, as you see the day drawing nigh.” *Exhortation
is a work of the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete. He helps to make evangelists
out of us. Hold us steady. *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have
forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 10:30-31 (10:26-38) LORD’S DISPLEASURE: UPON WILLFUL SINNERS. “For we
know him that said, Vengeance is mine, I will recompense. And again,
TheLord shall judge his :people. 31
Fearful ‘tis to fall into the living God’s hands.” *Help us not to water
down Your fear, Father! (Isaiah 66:2). Help us to walk softly, knowing that
You are a consuming fire! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 10:39. TRUSTING: THE WAY OF SALVATION! “But we are not of them that
shrink back unto destruction; but of those having faith unto saving of
thesoul.”
*Yes, we choose to walk in Your fear, Father! This is our spirit of safety.
We take nothing for granted, and choose like Paul to keep our bodies under.
*Then* we have free conscience! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE: 8:10 (8) GOD DESCRIBES HIS NEW COVENANT! “For this is the covenant
that I will covenant for the house of Israel After those :days, says
theLord; I will put my laws into their :mind, and on their heart also
will I
write them: And I will be God to them, and they shall be a people to me.” **
This* is what You have fulfilled for the One New Man: Jew and Gentile!

 *Quote on “Books” by John Milton, Areopagitica - *“Who kills a man, kills
a reasonable creature, God’s image; but he who destroys a good book kills
reason itself.”

 *Our Psalm for the Day: 116:12-14 (116, ESV) I LOVE THE LORD. “What shall
I render to the LORD for all his benefits to me? 13 I will lift up the cup
of salvation and call on the name of the LORD, 14 I will pay my vows to the
LORD in the presence of all his people.” *Father, Your Kingdom is one of
righteous inward government of the heart. This is *good news, *to rule our
heart! In thought, word and deed. What a wonderful way to say, Thank You
for Your great salvation! * *

 Personal love fostered by a personal experience of redemption is the theme
of this Psalm, and it it we see the redeemed answered when they pray,
preserved in time of trouble, resting in their God, walking at large,
sensible of their obligations, conscious that they are not their own but
bought with a price, and joining with all the ransomed company to sing
hallelujahs unto God.

 116:1. *I love the Lord. *A blessed declaration: every believer ought to
be able to declare with the the slightest hesitation, *“I love the
Lord.”*It was required under the law, but was never produced in the
heart of man
except by the grace of God and upon gospel principles. It is a great thing
to say, *“I love the Lord”;* for the sweetest of all graces and the surest
of all evidences of salvation is love. It is great goodness on the part of
God that He condescends to be loved by such poor creatures as we are, and
it is a sure proof that He has been a work in our heart.

 116:10. *I believed, therefore have I spoken. *Concerning the things of
God, no man should speak unless he believes; the speech of the waverer is
mischievous, but the tongue of the believer is profitable; the most
powerful speech which has ever been uttered by the lip of man has emanated
from a heart fully persuaded of the truth of God. Not only the Psalmist,
but such men as Luther, and Calvin, and other great witnesses for the faith
could each one most heartily say, *“I believed; therefore have I spoken.”*

 116:15. *Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints. *They
shall not die prematurely; they shall be immortal till their work is done;
and when their time shall come to die, then their deaths shall be precious.
The Lord watches over their dying beds, smooths their pillows, sustains
their hearts, and receives their souls. Those who are redeemed with
precious Blood are so dear to God that even their deaths are precious to
Him. The death-beds of saints are very precious to the church; she often
learns much from them. They are very precious to all believers, who delight
to treasure up the last words of the departed. But they are most of all
precious to the Lord Jehovah Himself, Who views the triumphant deaths of
His gracious ones with sacred delight. If we have walked before Him in the
land of the living, we need not fear to die before Him when the hour of our
departure is at hand.

 116:18. *I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all His
people. *The mercy came in secret, but the praise is rendered in public;
the company was, however, select; he did not cast his pearls before swine,
but delivered his testimony before those who could understand and
appreciate it.

 116:19. *In the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. *God’s praise is not to be
confined to a closet, nor His Name to be whispered in holes and corners, as
if we were afraid that men should hear us: but in the thick of the throng,
and in the very center of assemblies, we should lift up heart and voice
unto the Lord and invite others to join with us in adoring Him. *(From “The
Treasury of David” by C.H. Spurgeon, abridged by D.O. Fuller)*