Invisible Barriers to Healing

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 08:58:22 PDT 2013

March 23, 2013

 *2013-03-24 - INVISIBLE BARRIERS TO HEALING - Derek Prince*

 k. 16:13 THE COMFORTER: WILL NOT REPRESENT HIMSELF

*But when that one comes, the Spirit of the Truth,*

HOtan de ELth*e* eKEInos, to PNEUma [4151] t*e*s a-l*e*THEIas,

*he shall guide you into all the truth: for he shall not speak from himself;
*

ho-d*e*G*E*sei [3594] huMAS eis t*e*n aL*E*thei-an PAsan: ou gar laL*E*sei
aph’ he-auTOU;

*but what things soever he hears, these shall he speak: * all’ HOsa aKOUei,
laL*E*sei:

*and he shall declare to you the things to come.*

kai ta erCHOme-na a-nag-geLEI huMIN.

 l. 16:14 * HE shall glorify me: for he shall take of :mine, and shall
declare it to you.*

eKEInos eME doXAsei: HOti ek tou eMOU L*E*Mpse-tai, kai a-nag-geLEI [312]
huMIN.

 m. 16:15 THE REASON FOR THIS

*All things whatever the Father has are mine: therefore said I,*

PANta HOsa Echei ho paT*E*R eMA es-tin: diA TOUto EIpon,

*that he takes of :mine, and shall declare it to you.*

*HOti ek tou eMOU lamBAnei, kai a-nag-geLEI huMIN.*

 *The Holy Spirit could not come until Jesus met the condition for His
coming on the Cross. He then came to dwell in us both corporately and
individually. The Church, the Body of Christ - is the Temple of the Holy
Spirit - and our individual bodies are also His temple! He comes to indwell
us as the Comforter, the Helper, God’s Steward of all - and the Keeper of
God’s Storehouse. Through Him Jesus is no longer straitened - but can
minister to individuals at the same time all over the earth. He then, is at
the basis for the removal of all hindrances to healing.*

 *But in spite of this, all people are not healed. Even worthy and good
people often miss being healed. And Derek Prince has no answer for this.
However, God gave him a verse in Deuteronomy 29:29 that helps him
press on: “The
secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed
belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of
this law.” *In the light of this, Derek simply ministered the Word, and
didn’t pry into what is secret with God. Over the years, if there were any
barriers to healing, he was assured they were *not* on God’s side -
but *we*do have barriers to healing, and must deal with them. There
are common
barriers preventing healing, and it saves endless time to deal with them
first. This can be done collectively, not individually.

 *1. IGNORANCE *of God’s Word and will, is tremendously common, concerning
clear and simple truths. Isaiah 5:13 - *“Therefore my people go into exile for
lack of knowledge*.

Hosea 4:6 - *“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge*. This is very
similar, and should encourage us to remove ignorance. So it is altogether
proper for us to be led in a prayer to confess our ignorance - because we
have not taken time to know and understand God’s Word and will!

 *2. UNBELIEF. *Is this harmless? No, but it is fearfully common. The New
Testament calls unbelief a sin. We are to get rid of it, because it is
evil. Believers need to confess this sin. Revelation 21:8 says that the
fearful, and *unbelieving* will have their part in the lake of fire.
Unbelief is an act of will, to reject belief in what God says in His Word!
One man told me he couldn’t help his unbelief. “No”, I said, “you are
entirely accountable for your unbelief, and God will at the last day hold
you accountable.” He told me that I was making him very angry by these
words. All of us need to know that *all* unbelief is an act of our will,
and is sin! I choose to *believe*!

 Hebrews 3:12-13 is a word to Christians - to believers - “*Look, brethren,
lest haply an evil heart of unbelief shall be in any one of you, in
:falling away from a living God: 13 but exhort one another each day, so
long as it is called To-day; lest any one of you be hardened by
deceitfulness of :sin.”*

We should confess this sin - and proclaim faith *positively*, replacing the
negative with the positive.

Do both. You can *change the atmosphere* of a meeting in this manner.

 Unfortunately, the remaining 5 barriers do not appear on a Derek Prince
you tube. But Derek points out that sometimes sickness is caused by evil
spirits. Most pastors and churches do not deal in this area, but Jesus
constantly did. See Luke 4:40-41 - *“And when the sun was setting, all that
had any weak with diverse sicknesses brought them unto him; and HE laid
:hands on every one of them, and cured them. And demons also came out from
many, crying out, and saying [that] You are the Son of :God. And rebuking them,
he suffered them not to speak, because they knew he was the Christ.”* Evil
spirits couldn’t stand it when Jesus laid hands on the sick, and they got
out.

There are two ways that spirits can move in this way: a. They can be
the *direct
cause* of sickness - a spirit of infirmity - a deformity of the spine - a
crippling spirit - must drive such out - as in the woman bent over double -
not a sickness - must loose her from a spirit. b. Then there is a spirit of
death - often in one infirm and weakly - one who has a morbid outlook on
life - wish they could die an untimely death - often wear dark clothes.
Derek has seen 100’s of such cases.

Replace this with a positive confession. Revoke the negative confession.
Quote Psalm 118:17 - *I shall not die, but live and declare the works of
the Lord! Stand* and say it - don’t live down under the devil. Say it to
your neighbor. Then make a proclamation of *praise*! Claim victory. Quote
Revelation 12:11! Proclaim in the spirit.

 In the first 2 hindrances, Derek leads the congregation to confess that
they have had a negative reaction to ignorance and unbelief - and they then
replace it with a *positive* confession. This is good!

 I will now note 5 other hindrances of my own - that likewise can have both
a negative and positive confession.

 *3. FAILURE TO ACTIVATE GOD’S MEDICINE BOTTLE, Proverbs 4:20-22 - “My son, be
attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. 21 Let them not
escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. 22 For they are life
to those who find them, and healing (medicine) to all their flesh.” * And -
*Jesus* *is* *the* *the Word*! - See John 1:1. 3 times a day following each
meal, like Daniel read a portion from the Word and prayed. In 2-3 months
Derek saw God completely heal him from a foot problem that 4 hospitals
could not do. God is no respecter of persons. Pray over the Word in
meditation and the spirit, and God will do the same for us! Confess it when
you fail to do so, replacing the negative with the positive. And then
*see*what God will do for
*you*!

 *4. FAILURE TO MOVE INTO THE “EXCHANGED LIFE”. *On “Amazon” under “books”,
you can obtain a used “Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret” by Mrs. Howard
Taylor for a very reasonable price. In chapter 14 he tells how he entered in
to a rest with God, that transformed his missionary life in China after 20
years of somewhat frustration. He uses Galatians 2:20 - *“I have been
crucified with Christ; and no longer I live, but Christ lives in me: and
what I now live in the flesh I live by faith which is in the Son of :God,
who loved me, and gave himself up for me.” *Meditate on this much. Pray
over it. Ask the Holy Spirit to make it living to you. It can transform
you. Read all of Romans 6, especially 6:4 - *“We were buried therefore with
him through :baptism into :death*: *that just as Christ was raised
from the dead
through the glory of the Father, thus we also might walk in newness of life.”
*Watchman Nee was completely transformed like Hudson Taylor by this verse.
And finally, look at John 15:16 - *“You did not choose me, but I chose you,
and appointed you, that you go and bear fruit, and that your :fruit abide:
that whatever you shall ask the Father in my :name, he give you.” *By
Sovereign Grace you and I are in God - not by free-will. Jesus initiated
His call for us, just like He called His first disciples. This makes all
the difference in the world to see our Omnipotent God! Once Hudson Taylor
saw that he was *one* with Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit -
everything changed! Healings took place.

 *5. FAILURE TO ACTIVATE THE FIRST AND SECOND COMMANDMENTS. Matthew
22:37-40 - “And Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your :God with
all your heart, and with all your :soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is
the great and first commandment. 39 And a second like it is this, You shall
love your :neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments hang the
whole law and prophets.” *Jesus the Son of God, *one* with the Father,
*one*with the Spirit, said this! Is this the way we truly love God? Is
it the
way we love our neighbor *as ourself*? Could this be a hindrance to our
healing? Is a lack along this line something we could confess? And by
starting to do this, could we be replacing a serious negative with a
powerful positive?

 *6. FAILURE TO WALK DAILY THROUGH THE TRUTHS OF THE TABERNACLE FURNITURE. *In
the summer of 1944 through a man from California, Lee Ellenwood, I was
first introduced to this in Victoria, BC, and then Port Alberni. It made a
deep impression upon me as a new believer. When I come to the Brazen Altar,
I sing - “I feed on the Merits of Calvary, through You Christ Jesus my
Lord”: and I think of how at that time He was the Grain Offering for us, so
that from His one grain, all we have come; then the *whole burnt *offering;
next the *peace offering*, when He became the propitiation for the wrath of
the Father. Jesus took the wrath of God due us, and made *His
righteousness*available for us.
*We* have *nothing* we can add to this! Nor for the *sin offering* to atone
for Adam’s sin ­ nor for the trespass offering to look after our personal
sins! At the Laver I think of how He prepared for His Church - us - and an
Eldership in the Gate of each city church. For the Menorah, I look at
“Prayer Multiplication” based on the Covenant; at the Table of Bread, I see
the 12 Embryonic Revival principles of 1948 represented by the 12 loaves
representing the 12 tribes of Israel; at the Altar of Incense, I sing Psalm
40:16 - *“Let all those who seek Thee - Rejoice and be glad in Thee. Let
such as love Thy salvation say continually: The LORD be magnified - be
magnified - be magnified - Let all those that seek Thee rejoice - and be
glad in Thee!” *This leads me into Worship and Intercession like Rees
Howells and Andrew Murray; then at the ark of the Covenant I focus on
Jesus. Karen Davis on Mount Carmel in Israel wrote a wonderful chorus using
just the Name - “Yeshua” - the Hebrew name for Jesus. It has been a rich
blessing to me ever since Marie and I visited there in 2005. Finally at the
Golden Mercy Seat overshadowed by the Cherubim I sing: “I camp round the
Throne of God’s Heaven above, through You Christ Jesus my Lord!” For we are
not to camp around the Cross, for it is now empty, and Jesus is seated at
the right hand of the Father on High! We are to start out at the Cross
daily - but we are always to end up at the Throne. I also sing at the
Menorah which represents the 7-fold Holy Spirit - “I live by the life of
the Spirit within - through You, Christ Jesus my Lord! It was Jesus’ death
on Calvary that prepared for the Coming of the Holy Spirit - Who is better *
in* us, than Jesus *with* us!

 It is the work of the Triune God on our behalf that enriches us and exalts
us in Him - the Tabernacle is merely an Old Testament type and shadow to
help make our God real to us New Testament saints! But to understand this
and walk in it, is indeed to remove a hindrance from our healing!

 *7. FAILURE TO RECOGNIZE THAT CASTING OUT DEMONS MUST OFTEN PRECEDE
HEALING. *We have already quoted Luke 4:40-41 above, showing the normal 3
year ministry of Jesus in this regard. It always brought amazement to the
people of Israel. It brought huge crowds to avail themselves of this great
mercy. * *Brother Yun, the Heavenly Man of China, was asked for his
favorite Bible verse. He gave Matthew 24:14 - *“This gospel of the Kingdom
shall be preached, in all the world for a witness - a witness unto all
nations - and then shall the end come!” *This is the word of Jesus. A
sister put this verse to music in one of our churches, and the children
learned it and taught the congregation to sing it. I still do. But Brother
Yun said that is only *half* the Gospel - the other half is - that it must
have with it the *confirmation* of Mark 16:17-18 - *“And these signs shall
follow them that have believed: in my :name shall they cast out demons,
speak with tongues; 18 and in their hands they shall take up serpents, and
if they drink anything deadly, it shall in no wise hurt them; they shall
lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” *Because this took place
from the 1970’s on in China with Brother Yun and his fellow leaders, there
are today - from nothing to now over 130 million believers who are
disciples - and growing at the rate of 30,000 daily! The Word
*confirmed*with signs following makes all the difference in the world.
This is what
America needs. This is what the world needs. As you and I through fasting
and prayer and faith press into this area that has never been taken from
the Church - then you and I too will individually and nationally see what
God is pleased to do in other parts of the world. God’s Word is for whoever
will believe. Where our faith and ignorance has brought us short - let us
confess our lack - *press in* - and see our unchanging God do again through
His Church just the way He started! Let us replace our negatives - with
positive* confession and action!*

 In 1964 Derek Prince asked me if I would succeed him as pastor at a
Seattle Church, as he needed to return to England on behalf of his ailing
parents. He had me meet with him 5 times to help prepare me for this
transition. Later we took part together in a conference in BC, and in 1971
and 1972, 2 conferences in Seattle. He was a real encouragement to me at
that time. It is good once again to have fellowship with him in his
teaching. He being dead (10 years ago) yet speaks! I trust what I have
replaced is in the same spirit in which he would have spoken. - Jim Watt