Ephesians 6:10-24

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 10:36:39 PST 2013

February 28, 2013

 *SEP 10 - EPHESIANS 6:10-24 - MYSTERY OF EVIL*

 *1. 6:10-11, (NNT). WARFARE: DEPENDENT UPON ARMOR. “For the rest, be
strong in the Lord, and in the might of his :strength. 11 Put on the whole
armor of :God, that you be able to stand against the wiles of the
devil.” *Father,
corporately we receive this word! Your armor is primarily for Your body! We
as individuals share protection as we move as *one*. *Hallowed be your
:name.*

 *2. 6:12. WARFARE: ITS TRUE OBJECTIVE. “For our :wrestling is not against
blood and flesh, but against the principalities, against the authorities,
against the world-rulers of this :darkness, against the spirituals of the
wickedness in the heavenlies.” *Wipe from our understanding all naivety,
Father! We would not be ignorant of Satan and his devices. We would make
prayer and the ministry of Your Word of high priority. *Your :kingdom come!*

 *3. 6:13. WARFARE: PURPOSE OF ARMOR. “Wherefore take up the whole armor of
:God, that you be able to withstand in the evil :day, and, having done all
thoroughly, to stand.” *Father, we will not depend upon the arm of flesh in
spiritual warfare. We will lean hard upon You, Lord Jesus. In our weakness
we will find You to be our strength. *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so
on earth.*

 *4. 6:14-16. WARFARE: FIRST FOUR PIECES OF ARMOR. “Stand therefore, having
girded your :loin with truth, and put on the breastplate of :righteousness, 15
and shod your :feet with preparation of the gospel of :peace; 16 in all
things taking up the shield of the faith, by which you shall be able to
quench all the fiery :darts of the evil one.” *We are a many-membered
soldier, Father. Each city body of believers is like one of the resurrected
soldiers of Ezekiel’s vision. *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 6:17 (6:17-20) LAST THREE PIECES OF ARMOR. “And receive the helmet of
:salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is God’s word.” *Blessed be
Your Name Father, King of the universe; Who gives bread to the eater, and
drink to the thirsty; Who arms us corporately, both defensively and
offensively. With Your protection, we radically obey Your forward command! *And
forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 6:21 (6:21-22) TYCHICUS: TO SHARE PAUL’S PERSONAL AFFAIRS. “But that
you also may know my :affairs, how I do, Tychicus, the beloved brother and
faithful minister to the Lord, shall make known to you all things.” *We
bless You Father, for giving protection to Your warring servants. We hail
Your mighty men of valor. The day swiftly approaches for Satan’s final
downfall. *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 6:23-24. BENEDICTION OF PEACE, LOVE, FAITH AND GRACE. “Peace to the
brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus
Christ. 24 The grace be with all that love our :Lord Jesus Christ in
incorruption.” *We receive this benediction. We let it work in our hearts.
We submit to Your ways, Father. You alone are worthy. *But deliver us from
the evil one!*

 *NOTE: 6:18 (6:17-20) WARFARE: CONSUMMATED WITH “ALL-PRAYER”! “With all
prayer and supplication praying at every season in the Spirit, and watching
to it in all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.” *Prayer!
The First Apostolic Priority! We recognize that individual members of Your
body the church profit, as the body corporately prospers through prayer!

 *C.H. Spurgeon Quotes, “You Will Not Come To Me” - *This is the sternest
blow against free-will of which I know; what a free-willer can make out of
that text I cannot tell. He says that any man can come to Christ, yet
Christ said to some, “You will not come to me;” and both observation and
experience prove that this is still true. Never yet did a soul come to
Christ till Christ came to it.

 *Our Psalm for the Day: 70:4 (70) O LORD, DO NOT DELAY! “May all who seek
you rejoice and be glad in you! May those who love your salvation say
evermore, “God is great!” *In Your presence O God our Father, is fullness
of joy, and at Your right hand are joys for evermore! We are safe from the
enemy when we hide in Your Name. *Such* a Name. *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *Title:* “To the Chief Musician, A Psalm of David.” So far the title
corresponds with Psalm 40, of which this is a copy with variations. David
appears to have written the full-length Psalm and also to have made this
excerpt from it and altered it to suit the occasion. It is a fit pendant to
Psalm 69 and a suitable preface to Psalm 71. To bring to remembrance: this
is the poor man’s memorial.

 70:3. *For a reward of their shame that say, Aha, aha. *They thought to
shame the godly, but it was their shame and shall be their shame forever.
How fond men are of taunts, and if they are meaningless aha’s, more like
animal cries than human words, it matters nothing, so long as they are a
vent for scorn and sting the victim. Rest assured, the enemies of Christ
and His people shall have wages for their work; they shall be paid in their
own coin; they loved scoffing, and they shall be filled with it - yes, they
shall become a proverb and a by-word forever. *(From: “The Treasury of
David” by C.H. Spurgeon, abridged by D.O. Fuller)*