God's Medicine Bottle - Derek Prince

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 16:51:43 PST 2013

January 30, 2013

 *2013-01-29 - GOD’S MEDICINE BOTTLE - DEREK PRINCE*

*Jim & Marie Watt - Tel: 253-517-9195 - Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

 *The Biography of Derek Prince by Stephen Mansfield could be “a must” for
anyone interested in the Word of God - as the clear basis for a Teacher or
practicer! *

 *Derek was born in India in 1915, but educated in England at Eton and
Cambridge after the age of 5. At the age of 24 he became a Cambridge Don in
the field of Philosophy, majoring on the life of Plato. In 1941 he was
conscripted into the British Army as a medical attendant. Because space was
limited for a soldier, he restricted himself to God’s Bible of 66 books. At
the age of 26, God supernaturally revealed Himself to Prince both in
salvation - and the baptism of the Holy Spirit.*

 *Soon he was drafted to North Africa, and there contracted a very serious
foot problem. A Salvation Army woman heard of him, and introduced him to
the blessing of devotional tongues and interpretation, both for the
individual, family and small groups. In line with this insight he was led
to Proverbs 4:20-23, ESV. “My son, be attentive to my words; incline your
ear to my sayings. 21 Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within
your heart. 22 For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all
their flesh. 23 Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the
springs of life.” As he meditated upon this revelation, he saw it as “God’s
Medicine Bottle”, with a 4-fold method of application. With further
meditation it occurred to him - “How then should I practically act upon
this revelation?” He thought that often one received medicine following the
3 meals of the day. Why not then, he thought shouldn’t I read appropriate
passages on healing after my 3 meals of the day - as God’s medicine?*

 *He did so, and in a very short period of time he found his foot problem
righting itself, and soon he was fully recovered.*

 *It occurred to me that this would be good for me to take advantage of on
a 3-fold daily basis - to maintain good health - and to pass along to
friends undergoing serious physical problems.*

 *Here then are a few related Scripture portions - that could be meditated
upon following our 3 daily meals. One. Exodus 15:25b-26 - *GOD IS “JEHOVAH
RAPHA” - THE LORD OUR HEALER!* There the LORD made for them a statute and a
rule, and there he tested them, 26 saying, “If you will diligently listen
to the voice of the LORD your God, and do that which is right in his eyes,
and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none
of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, your
healer.”*

 *Two. Psalm 103:**2-3** (103:1-5) **DAVID EXPERIENCED THIS! **“**Bless the
LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, **3** wh**o* *forgives
all your iniquity, **who heals all your diseases**,”** *

 *Three. Isaiah 53:**4-**5 (53:4-6) *JESUS’ ATONING DEATH: BROUGHT *THIS*ALSO!
* Surely he has has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we
esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. **5** But he was
wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him
was the chastisement that brought us peace, **and with his stripes we are
healed**.”*

 *Four. Matthew 8:16-17, **NNT **ISAIAH FULFILLED BY DEMON DELIVERANCE AND
HEALINGS!** “And when even was come, they brought to him many demoniacs:
and he cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all that were ill: **17*
* that it might be fulfilled which was spoken through Isaiah the prophet
saying, **Himself took our :infirmities, and bore the sicknesses.”*

 *Five. Mark 16:15-18 (16:9-18) **AN INTEGRAL PART OF SALVATION: EXPELLING
DEMONS AND HEALING. **“And he said to them, Go into all the world,
**and**preach the gospel to the whole creation.
**16** Who has believed and is baptized shall be saved; but who has
disbelieved shall be condemned. **17 **And these signs shall follow them
that have believed: **in my name shall they cast out demons**, speak with
tongues; **18** and in the**ir** hands they shall take up serpents, and if
they drink anything deadly, it shall in not wise hurt them; **and they
shall lay hands on **the** sick, and they shall recover**.” *

 *Six. Acts 10:38 (10:23b-43) **THE ANOINTING OF JESUS: BROUGHT
**HEALING**FROM DEMON OPPRESSION!
**“Jesus :of Nazareth, how :God anointed him with **the** Holy Spirit and
with power: who went about doing good, **and healing all th**os**e
**o**ppressed
of the devil; **for :God was **with him.”*

 *Seven. James 5:14-16 (5:13-20) **FIVE** CONDITIONS FOR HEALING! **“**Is
any among you sick**? let him call for the elders of the church; and let
them pray over him, having anointed **him** with oil in the name of the
Lord: **15** **and the prayer of :faith shall save the weary one**, and the
Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be
forgiven him. **16** Confess therefore **your** :sins one to another, and
pray one for another, **that you be healed*.”

 *Eight. 1 Peter 2:24 (2:18-25) SINS AND HEALING: DEALT WITH THROUGH JESUS’
DEATH! “who himself carried our :sins in his :body up to the tree, that we,
having died to sins, might live unto righteousness; by whose bruise you
were healed.”*

 *Nine. 1 Corinthians 12:8-11 (12:4-11) HEALING: AMONG GOD’S GRACIOUS GIFTS
OF THE SPIRIT! “For to one is given through the Spirit a word of wisdom;
and to another a word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit: 9 to
another faith, in the same Spirit; and to another gifts of healings, in the
one Spirit; 10 and to another workings of powers; and to another prophecy;
and to another discernings of spirits: to another kinds of tongues; and to
another interpretation of tongues; 11 but all these works the one and the
same Spirit, dividing to each severally even as he wills.” *

 *Ten. 1 Corinthians 12:28 (12:12-31) GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY OF GRACE:
GRACIOUSLY GRANTS HEALING! “And :God has set some in the church, first
apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then powers, then gifts of
healings, helps, governments, kinds of tongues.”*

 *There are three friends of mine that I am committed myself to pray for
thrice daily this way. But I have written this encouragement firstly on
their behalf, trusting that they will join with me on their behalf for
their complete healing. I am sending this to you also, and trusting that
the Holy Spirit may lead some of you to join with me on their behalf. One
has had a very serious flu attack, that even caused him to wonder of this
were the time for his home-call. The other has had extreme head-aches, and
in a medical brain-probe, has had partial blindness brought on.*

 *But God! God is able! With the 10 passages above, I am encouraged to
believe for all three of them for complete recoveries, for God is no
respecter of persons. If he did this for Derek Prince - he can do it for
them also. And if necessary, for you and me too.*

 *By all means take a Strong’s or other Concordance, and do a further
search for relevant and helpful passages.*

 *Lastly - do a Google-Search on Derek Prince You-Tube Sermons. “God’s
Medicine Bottle” by Derek Prince at present appears on the top of page 2,
an 11-minute presentation. This will greatly enhance the above write-up.
Jim Watt*