2012-12-01 - Christmas Letter

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:20:09 PST 2012

*CHRISTMAS LETTER - 2012-12-01*

 *First of all - some Prayer Points from the International Christian
Embassy Jerusalem - (Marie suggested we include this.)*

 *Prayers for Israel: **Pray that the Israeli people and their leaders
would have strength, patience and wisdom to endure the spiritual battle
raging over their prophetic destiny, which is playing out in the physical
realm. Pray for the exposure **and downfall of the demonic sources behind
the hatred, incitement, violence and genocidal threats against the Jewish
state and people.*

 *Prayers for the Middle East: **Pray for revival in the Arab and Muslim
world, that many more people would come to know the Lord. Pray that Iran’s
leaders would utterly fail in their devious plans to destroy Israel by
nuclear means. Pray th**at democracy and freedom would finally come to the
people of Iran and of Syria.*

 *There also were praying saints on hand, such as Simeon the Righteous, who
had been waiting for the Lord’s “salvation” promised to Father Abraham so
long ago. We also have Anna the prophetess, who “served God with fastings
and prayers night and day” in the hope of seeing the “redemption” of Israel.
*

 *The Christmas story is thus filled with such glory and wonder and light!
And yet there also was an unseen spiritual battle raging in the heavenlies
concerning the arrival of this Child. This hidden struggle eventually
manifested in the earthly realm in the form of Herod’s slaying of the
infants of Bethlehem.*

 *The intensity of this spiritual battle is more vividly described in
Revelation 12, which tells us that Satan was poised before Israel (depicted
as a woman) as she was ready to give birth, in order “to devour her Child
as soon as it was born”. The Child is then identified as He who is destined
“to rule all nations with a rod of iron” - a clear reference to the
Messsiah (Psalm 2:9). But the Child was caught up into heaven and the woman
fled to safety in “the wilderness” - alluding to the preservation of the
Jewish people down through her centuries of exile.*

 *However, the Devil’s targeting of Israel does not end there, according to
Revelation 12. In due time, there is war in the heavens and Satan is cast
down to the earth (verses 7-8), where he seeks to persecute the woman as
she returns to “her place” (verse 14). This tells us that Israel’s
modern-day restoration is surrounded by a great spiritual battle as well.*

 *Like the birth of Jesus, the restoration of Israel in our day is
portrayed in Scripture as holding tremendous promise of coming peace on
earth and glory upon Israel. But it also plays out amid intense spiritual
warfare, which we see manifesting in the earthly realm each and every day
in various forms of hatred, incitement, violence and even genocidal threats
against the Jewish state and people.*

 *Yet the Book of Revelation is also replete with prophetic references to
the presence of praying saints in that day, whose prayers ascend like
incense to the God of heaven (for example, Revelation 5:8; 8:3-4).*

 *We need to see ourselves in that context as we lift up Israel and the
region in prayer. She is destined for glory but needs our intercession to
make it through the dark days to come. May our prayers rise as a sweet
aroma to God, even as our faith declares that Israel will always be
preserved and that the angelic hosts will always prevail. In Christ our
Lord, David Parsons, ICEJ Media Director*

 *Blessings on you all: Friends, Relatives and Acquaintances -*

 *Our prayer on behalf of you all is first: Thanks to God for the wonderful
gift of His Son 2000 years ago. To we who believe on Him and His “Finished
Work” on Calvary - He is precious! This was the text of the first sermon
that Charles H. Spurgeon preached at the age of 16. One lady asked him how
old he was. “Under 60,” he replied. “Closer to 16,” she guessed.*

 *We also claim for all of us - Clan and Household Salvation! This is so
important that I hasten to add how you can get more information on this.
Turn to our Website <www.2rbetter.org>, click on “Archives”, and scroll
down to 2010.03.06 - “Clan & Household Salvation”, and you will find
details that you can use like we do, for our family members to be with us
in the Better Land.*

 *Marie and I are approaching 90, and in remarkably good health physically,
mentally and spiritually. Marie swims 3 times a week for an hour each
session. I have my own exercise routine. Through the kindness of friends -
we have special water that we drink. Marie makes sure our diet is right,
and serves us up special “smoothies” several times a week. We have wise
supplements, and very few prescriptions.*

 *The “Outlined Interlinear New Testament” project I have been working on
since 1944, and which Ivan Panin hoped to be done in 1942, is now printed
70 years later, and soon to be available in E-book format. I have other
projects for printing I am working on, which keeps my mind and memory alert.
*

 *We meet each second week with a Korean group called “The Resting Place.”
What a joy to be with them in their openness - and their wonderful kids!*

 *Several times we have also ministered in a Russian church.*

 *Marie especially keeps in touch with our 7 grandchildren and two great
grandchildren. Not as many as some, but more than others!*

 *We attend a church close by - “Christ’s Church of Federal Way”, Jeff
Moorehead, pastor. He is an outstanding expository preacher of the Bible,
and weekly challenges us.*

 *Marie’s immediate family in Canada keeps dwindling as members go Home to
be with the Lord. Marie and I are the only couple left, and are the oldest.*

 *We have had wonderful visits through the year in Mount Vernon with our
daughter Anna and son-in-law Garl Long. Their youngest son Keelan keeps
helping me with my computer challenges. Without him as one of the cogs in
our wheel, the Interlinear printing would not be taking place. Several
others are equally important in this regard.*

 *Marie will be filling in details on family members, which numbers of you
have been asking about.*

 *Jim*

 *2012-12-13 - From Marie for Christmas*

 *Dear Family and Friends -*

 *This is such an exciting time of the year as we joyously celebrate Jesus’
Birthday. Everywhere we hear sung, “Oh come all you faithful” and “Joy to
the world, the Lord is come”. What a blessing and privilege to be chosen to
walk with the King. We have so much to celebrate - our family, including 6
grandsons, 1 granddaughter and 2 fabulous great grandsons.*

 *We are so rich! God has showered us with His Love. Though we are going on
90 years old, His strength carries us on. We’re still living in our 2 story
house, doing all our own chores, except for a cleaning lady who comes in
once or twice a month.*

 *I’m still a gardener at heart; even though physically I am unable to do
what I once did. Though I can’t kneel on the ground, I have a beautiful
work area in back, with a table, where I make my hanging baskets, planters,
etc. Including 10 hanging baskets made up by Fred Meyer Gardeners, I have
over 20! plus about 10 planters, etc.*

 *God so blessed me through my youngest grandson, William (Peter’s son -
now 16 years old and driving). His work in the yard was awesome. My Garden
was the best it’s ever been; and my Geraniums are still blooming! and
hanging baskets on back deck still great. We have not had a freeze yet. I
don’t remember ever having such mild weather before. Usually, early
November, everything has been frozen. So I thank the Lord for the Joy
William has brought into our lives by his hard labor in our yard. He is
such a blessing to us. Thank You, Lord.*

 *My next big joy is swimming for an hour, 3 mornings a week. We have a
beautiful new facility 5 minutes from our house. Jim blesses me by driving,
since I quit driving 10 years ago.*

 *Health-wise I’m doing terrifically! Hard to believe how sick I was
(Temporal Arteritis) almost 3 years ago. I’m keeping off the 60 lbs. I lost
- Praise God! My doctor says I’m his star patient; making him look good
through my amazing recovery; plus I’m better now than before. He doesn’t
realize how many people prayerfully blessed me through! - for which I am
grateful. It’s an honor to be a member of the family of God, as well as my
natural family.*

 *Another Joy is ministering to a young Korean group starting a new church
in Auburn. They are so seeking to honor and bless God; and bring other
Korean families into their fellowship. We are so grateful for their love
and ministering to us. Thank You, Jesus.*

 *Anna (our daughter) and husband Garl still live in Mt Vernon where he
practices law (Anna helps in his office). Their oldest son, Seth (29 years
old) and Jennifer his wife, and 3 year old Luke, are finishing up at
Washington State University, in Pullman, Washington. He’ll graduate in 2013
with his Doctorate in Computer Science. He’s been doing teaching and
research: developing a Computer Program “Understanding how the brain
works.” He’s presented his work at conferences in Montreal, Vancouver, BC,
San Diego, and was a delegate to a Washing, DC, federal program. We all
pray God will open His door, for a College teaching job - hopefully closer
to the Pacific NW Coast. Seth and family all joyfully walking with Jesus!*

 *Jim’s son James (26 years old) lives in Portland. He creates Web sites
for clients. Unmarried and building up his business.*

 *Keelan (24) Anna’s youngest, is still in Houston (almost 2 years) working
for “Logic Alert”, a security company protecting their customers from
Hackers, etc. He’ll be home for Christmas, praise God. He is in a good
church, close to where he lives - and happy.*

 *Peter’s oldest son Paul, graduates from University of Washington this
year, with his B.A. in Business, etc.*

 *His brother Mark (19) is in 2nd year at Washington State University,
working on his ROTC (military) program, hoping to graduate in Sport’s
Medicine.*

 *William (17) is on Running Start at Tacoma Community College, combining
Jr. & Sr. yr. High School and*

*lst year College. He is living with Peter.*

 *Granddaughter Chelsea (25 years old on Christmas day) lives in Tacoma
with her 1 ¾ year old son Broderick, and is very successful in her job as a
“Wait Person”.*

 *Oldest son, Jim (59 years old), lives and works in Tacoma. So does Peter,
except he works in Seattle.*

 *Just a quick run down on family, as numbers have asked.*

 *Looking forward to Gaudet Family Reunion** in Port Alberni, BC July 19-21
- Hoping to seeing many **at our over 250 family group.*

 *Thank you, each one, for your beautiful Christmas remembrances; cards,
phone calls, gifts, E-mails, etc. May Jesus bless you all richly with His
presence and joy in your lives.*

“*Beauty is God’s Handiwork” - Charles Kingsley*

“*Lord, may Your beauty be reflected through me to others. I pray that **Your
Love will be what others see when they look at me.”*

 *My prayer for Christmas 2012. Blessings of good health, joy, peace and
success in all God leads you in. Enjoy Him.*

 *Lovingly, your sister Marie, Auntie, in-law, grandma, great grandma, and
friend.*