Keeping Bible Meditation Simple

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 09:01:44 PDT 2012

October 4, 2012

 *2012-09-26 - KEEPING BIBLE MEDITATION SIMPLE*

 *If you do a Google-search on this, you will find so much information that
it is overwhelming.*

 *How does one walk in the confines of K.I.S.S. - “Keep It Simple Sweetie”?*

 *Back in the 50’s while pastoring a Baptist Church in Chicago, we hosted
and helped Rochunga Pudaite from Assam, India. He was at Wheaton College,
Illinois taking Greek and Hebrew to help him in translating the entire
Bible into his tribal language, the “Hmar”.*

 *We worked with him closely for 17 years, and I served as his American
secretary for the Indo-Burma Pioneer Mission which he inherited from its
founder, Watkin Roberts of Wales.*

 *Rochunga knew his name would be difficult for Americans, so he said,
“Just call me, Ro!”*

 *Ro shared with us in 1955 the illustration of “The Hand.” The pointing
finger represented “hearing” the Word of God; the longest finger represents
“Reading; the next, “studying”; and the little finger, “memorizing”; but
the thumb, because it alone can touch the other 4 fingers, represented “
Meditation”. So when you hear a preacher - meditate on the Bible he uses;
Meditate on what you read; and do the same with what you study. When you
are awake at night, what you have memorized makes meditation most easy.
Follow up on this, like Joshua (1:8) by doing what the Word says. Jesus
says, “He that hears and does the Word, is the man who builds his house
upon a Rock. But Ro pointed out that memorizing is only a little finger
grip on the word, and Satan can steal it from you. Adding studying to this,
a 2-finger grip, and stronger. Reading and hearing, a 3 and 4 finger grip,
and now you nearly succeed in retaining the Word in your heart. But when
you add the thumb with meditation - your grip becomes so strong - that no
way can Satan steal it from you! Since 1955 I have used the illustration of
the “hand” given to us by Ro, with excellent results.*

 *But for me, Singing what I have memorized helps even more, especially
when I find myself awake at night. Psalm 19:14. 23:5-6; Philippians 4:8;
Matthew 24:14 are some of the verses put to music that I sing regularly.
This is a form of meditation that David used with the Psalms, and made him
“a man after God’s own heart”!*

 *I also like the illustration of a cow chewing her cud - as a help in
meditation. It works!*

 *In 1944 Lee Ellenwood from California visited us in Victoria and Port
Alberni, British Columbia, and shared how to take a daily walk through the
Tabernacle of Exodus, taking time to meditate over each of the 7 pieces of
furniture. The Brazen Altar in the Outer Court illustrates Jesus’ 5-fold
“Finished Work” on Calvary: the whole burnt offering (holocaust) we can
share in Romans 12:2; the Sin Offering of Romans 5 shows how He for all of
us took the Penalty of Adam’s sin, yours and mine; and potentially set free
all who will believe; the Trespass Offering, where He provided for all of
us individually forgiveness for our trespasses; the peace offering, where
He made reconciliation with God possible! and the Grain Offering, where He
laid the foundation for multiplying Himself through you and me.*

 *And Jesus is the Word - the LOgos, and the REma. When we meditate on His
Finished Work on Calvary, and Himself as the Word - He becomes transformed
in us into the Living Word, the REma! And the “Outlined Interlinear NT” is
the written Word, the LOgos. As we meditate upon it in its simple
meditating format - all of this is speeded up and made more effective. The
E-book format will speed this up yet more. Each of the 7 pieces of furniture
in the Tabernacle can add to this for us. The Ark of the Covenant, #6
piece, points to Jesus, our Covenant in Isaiah! Worship and Intercession at
the Altar of Incense gives us access to Him through the Riven Veil. And the
Mercy Seat brings us into Intimacy with God, with Jesus sitting at the
Right Hand of our Heavenly Father. What starts out at the Brazen Altar,
comes to the acme of fulfillment at the Mercy Seat! Here holiness is
perfected. Here the Overcoming Life is experienced. Here Meditation on
Jesus as the Living Word brings us to a place so marvelous that words
cannot express it.*

 *I am looking forward to using the “Outlined Interlinear E-book NT” to
bring me even closer to God’s Word. The above makes Meditation simple,
usable, profound and blessed. May it do the same for you also.*

 *However - effective Bible Meditation depends on a Romans 6 death to self
- through what baptism signifies in death if we are not raised! None of us
can dodge this! Sorry! *

 *NOTE**: I have received two inquiries on how to make meditation more
simple. The above abbreviated article introduces the answer in part - but
what follows may prove yet more helpful. I have discovered like many others
- that is is **not easy to achieve a constant state of “intimacy” with God
and with His Son, our Lord Jesus. Alan Redpath, former pastor of Moody
Memorial Church of Chicago - said that to maintain a daily vital time with
the Lord was his most difficult assignment on earth. I agree. His testimony
encouraged me to press on!*

 *Paul said in Galatians 4:19 “My little children, of whom I am again in
travail until Christ be formed in you.”*

 *We are born again into the Kingdom of God by the travail of others, just
like a mother in travail brings forth her child. Prior to 1944 I had a
converted Jewish lady for whom I was her paper-boy. She was a missionary to
her adopted people, and travailed for my conversion; a couple from my
denomination, shocked at my modernism and liberalism as a youth of 16, did
likewise; a pastor’s mother-in-law; and a sister to my denominational
couple - all prayed me into the Kingdom with travail. They continued
interceding for me following my conversion. Their travail to bring me into
the Kingdom was so powerful, that the Passover night of the full moon when
God gave me the new birth from above, I was so transported in the Spirit,
that like the cow in the Nursery Rhyme - I felt I too could jump over the
moon! Then when I would slip away from devotional intimacy with the Lord,
another set of intercessors would in travail pray me back to where God
wanted me to be.*

 *I have promised one inquirer from Israel to put him on my prayer list,
and with the other already there, will travail in intercession until
bothof them come into “Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret.”
*

 *It is not enough to procure the “Outlined Interlinear NT” by Ivan Panin -
and meditate over it! One requires the intercession and travail of other
members of the body of Christ on our behalf - plus the secrets God gave me
the year of my spiritual birth, plus some others that followed.*

 *Let me share them with you: 1) “Ever Increasing Faith” by Smith
Wigglesworth was given to me as a new believer. It had a profound effect
upon me. 2) “Golden Grain” by Dr. Charles S. Price. Also helpful. 3) “40
Years of Signs and Wonders in the Life of Mrs. Maria Woodworth-Etter.”
Especially the part on “The Heavenly Choir.” As I read this portion, God’s
Spirit informed me that in the not too distant future, I would see this
restored. 4 years later in Edmonton, Alberta, He faithfully did so! 4) Lee
Ellenwood from California came to Victoria and Port Alberni, BC in 1944,
and shared how to daily walk through the Tabernacle of Moses with its 7
pieces of furniture. This led me to fulfill Psalm 86:11 - “Unite my
heartto fear your name!” The Holy Place in the Tabernacle represents
our soul,
and the Holy of Holies our spirit. When God as one with us in our spirit
enables us to renew our mind and soul according to Romans 12:2; then our
heart becomes united to fulfill God’s Word. This happened for me. 5) “The
Authority of the Believer” by J.A. MacMillan in “Herald of His Coming”.
This had a profound effect on me, by giving me faith to believe for the
full salvation of my household. This took place for all 3 of my close
family! 6) “Answers to Prayer” by George Muller, a Moody Colportage book,
was also given to me by someone in 1944. How to Infallibly know God’s Will
- and How to bring it to pass - were two outlines in the book that I
memorized. These tremendously helped me to prevail in prayer as a new
believer. 7) Psalm 19:14 - “Let the words of my mouth, and the
meditationof my heart, be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my
strength, and my
Redeemer.” I found this verse written above the door of a tavern in
Victoria. Apparently it was a former chapel or church, and the new owner
didn’t want to take it down. God’s Spirit let me know that this verse on
meditation was to become part of the warp and woof of my being for the rest
of my life. 8) “God’s Bible Numerics” discovered by Ivan Panin in 1890 was
placed in my hands in the summer of 1944 by a Russian Jew from Calgary,
Alberta. He offered to teach me NT Greek in return for me to study “the
works of the great Ivan Panin.” (His words). (See our Website <
www.2rbetter.org>; click on “Embryonics”; Scroll down to “2011.01.02 -
Cutting Edge Ministries on Panin” - to learn more about this. 9) “Hudson
Taylor’s Spiritual Secret” by Mrs. Howard Taylor later came into my hands.
We must have a Romans 6 “Identification Experience” into the death of Jesus
Christ on the Cross; plus a John 15:1-16 realization that as a branch in
Christ - HE supplies all the sap - all the power to make us fruitful. It is
all of Him and none of us, except our faith to believe and receive. 10) In
1962 “My Utmost for His Highest” by Oswald Chambers came into my hands. It
took Oswald 6 years to die to self and let Christ completely take over as
Lord of His life. He nearly had a complete nervous breakdown before he
broke through his pride and humbled himself to make Jesus “his Utmost”. He
was about 27, lived but 16 more years, wrote 50 books, and died at 43 in
Egypt as a chaplain to British forces. Acts 2:38 shows that before we
receive the gift (do-reA) of the Holy Spirit, we should first have a
complete repentance from dead works, plus a complete faith in God and
Christ’s “Finished Work” as demonstrated in baptism (Romans 6). 11) Then in
1952 “Rees Howells, Intercessor” by Norman P. Grubb was placed in my hands
by Pastor Robert Burrows from Scotland. This had a profound effect and
challenge for me - for “possession by the Holy Spirit.” By all means
procure this book of CLC (Christian Literature Crusade). 12) In 1944
“Visions Beyond the Veil” by H.A. Baker was given to me by someone. It
toohad a profound effect on me. Here I learned that Jesus is not
returning in
two phases according to a woman's vision in the 1830’s - but in one coming
or return according to the Scriptures, as confirmed by George Muller,
Charles Haddon Spurgeon and Samuel Tregelles. 13) In 1948 the February
Visitation by God in North Battleford, Saskatchewan came. I was chosen as
one of the 7 elders for the Summer Camp Meeting, and later appointed by the
Lord to list the 12 Embryonic Revival Principles that came together at that
time, and also asked to have a part in bringing them to maturity (now 64
years later). God indicated that they would be parameters of safety for the
last visitation just preceding the return of His Son. 14) In 1967 God
revealed the 7 Component Parts for His “Laser-Telescope”; a) Panin’s
Interlinear NT as the key part, associated with the Brazen Altar; *

*b) Restoration of NT City Church with an Eldership in each Gate,
associated with the Laver; c) Prayer Multiplication based on “Covenant” as
revealed to Ern Baxter, and associated with the Menorah or Candlestick; d)
The 12 Embryonic Revival Principles of 1948 associated with the 12 loaves
on the Table of Bread, representing the 12 tribes of Israel; e. Worship and
Intercession associated with the Altar of Incense - as revealed to Rees
Howells and Andrew Murray; f) Focus on Jesus as revealed to Oswald
Chambers, and associated with the Ark of the Covenant in the Holy of
Holies; g) Meditation, associated with the “Mercy Seat”, as revealed to
George Muller and George Whitefield.*

 *Conclusion: Meditation is not sufficient alone. It requires the above
foundations to be activated. Joshua 1:8 shows that we must vocally -
audibly - declare the Word. For Joshua it was the Torah, the Pentateuch.
For us - it is the entire New Testament, and the “Outlined Interlinear NT”
by Ivan Panin, both book and E-book format, will be a tremendous help. For
it is by God’s Bible Numerics discovered by Panin that reveal the original
Greek Text of the NT from among some 3000 alternate readings; plus the
sentence, paragraph and chapter format that I have used to outline all 27
NT books. This is unique. God has reserved this for these last days! It is
being released under God’s guidance on the 70th anniversary of Panin’s
death in 1942. He had hoped to have the Interlinear product published prior
to his death. But God knew that it would count more for you and me by being
released now! There is nothing else like it to meditate upon in these last
days! The English translation will soon be “read” and released by one of
America’s outstanding readers. *

 *<www.btjohnsonpublishing.com> will enable you to procure God’s “Outlined
Interlinear New Testament” in book form now - and soon in E-book format. Jim
Watt*