2 Peter 1:1-21 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 15:38:00 PDT 2012

 *MAY 19 - **2 PETER 1.1-21 **-** THE TRUE KNOWLEDGE *

 *1. ** 1:4 (1:1-4) THESE PROMISES: LEAD TO PARTAKING OF DIVINE
NATURE. **“Whereby he has granted us the precious and exceeding great
promises; that
through these you may become partakers of **the** divine nature, having
escaped from the corruption that **is** in the world by lust” **(NNT). ** *What
a blessedness You have ordained for us Father, through the Promises of Your
Word! We marvel at the extent of Your plan. *We* are a new creation in
Christ Jesus! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2.** 1:5-7 THESE THINGS: TO BE DILIGENTLY ADDED. **“Yes, and for this
very cause adding on your part all diligence, in your :faith supply :**
virtue**; and in :virtue :**knowledge**; **6** and in :knowledge :**
self-control**; and in self-control :**patience**; and in :patience :**
godliness**; **7** and in :godliness **brotherly :kindness**; and in **your
** brotherly :kindness :**love**.” **Your :kingdom come.*

 *3.** 1:8 THESE THINGS ABOUNDING: PRODUCE FRUITFUL KNOWLEDGE.** “For
if **these
**things** are yours and abound, they make **you** to be not idle nor
unfruitful unto the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” *Fruitfulness in
Christ Jesus is absolutely dependent upon understanding this truth and
walking in it by your grace, Father! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so
on earth.*

 *1.** 1:9 THESE THINGS LACKING: PRODUCE SPIRITUAL BLINDNESS.** “For who
lacks **these** is blind, short-sighted, having forgotten the cleansing
from his old :sins.” *We lose true apprehension of Your Gospel Father, if
we fail to walk in *these things*. O forgive us our partial blindness in
Your true purposes for us Your Church, because we have been robbed of true
understanding concerning *these things*. * **Our :daily :bread Give us this
day.*

 *Five. 1:10-11 THESE THINGS DONE: PROVIDE ABUNDANT HEAVENL**Y*

*ENTRANCE. ** “Wherefore, brothers give **the more** diligence to make your
calling and election sure: for in doing **these** you shall never stumble: *
*11** for **thus** shall be richly supplied to you the entrance into the
eternal kingdom of our :Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” *No stumbling,
but *abundant
victory*: this is the fruit of walking in *these things*. *And forgive us
our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6**. 1:12 (12-18) THESE THINGS REMEMBERED: PETER’S DYING
GOAL.**“Wherefore I shall be ready always to remind you of
**these **things**, though you know and are stablished in the truth which
is with **you**.” *We bless You Father, for the faithfulness of Your
servant Peter, who encouraged Your Church to walk in *these things*. *And
bring us not into temptation.*

 *7**. 1:19 (19-21) THESE THINGS: SURER THAN VISIONS AN**D **
INTERPRETATIONS.** “And we have the word of prophecy more sure; whereto you
do well to take heed, as to a lamp shining in a murky place, until day
dawn, and **the** day-star arise in your :hearts.” *Walking in Your Word is
a clearer word than dreams and visions, which is not to decry the latter!
Father, we bless You for this clear statement. *But deliver us from the
evil **one.*

 *NOTE**: 1:20-21 (1:19-21) HOW ALL PROPHECY FIRST CAME! **“Knowing this
first, that no prophecy of scripture is of **its** own interpretation. **7 *
*For **no prophecy** was ever borne by man’s will; but men spoke from God,
being borne **on** by **the** Holy Spirit.” *So Peter says the same thing
as Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:37. The Bible is *not* the word of man,
but is *Your
Word* Father, given through men by Your Spirit! What a shock this will be
to unbelievers when they appear before Your Son at the Great White Throne
Judgment!

 This passage is truly one of the significant ones in the whole of
Scripture. Many have memorized portions of it, if not the entire chapter.
Early in my Christian life it was quickened to me, and now 68 years later,
it is just as significant as it was back in 1944.

 Peter emphasizes its importance by repeating again and again the
words - *these
things*! The 7 things to add to faith, are *extremely* important. I
memorized them in my spiritual beginning, and continually go over them.
Some have linked them with the 7 pieces of furniture in Moses’ Tabernacle.

 1:20-21 should be written on our hearts by the Spirit like 1 Corinthians
14:37, and *never* forgotten. For - the Bible is *not* the work of man and
its 33 known writers - but as is clearly stated - the *Book of God*. God’s
Bible Numerics as discovered by Ivan Panin in 1890 - clearly attests to
this fact. Man world-wide may dismiss this fact - but it *will* come back
to haunt them at the Great White Throne Judgment. *All* mankind of
*all*time will
*then* be judged according to *God’s Book*, not by his preconceived ideas
or any other holy book.

 See John 14:6 (14:5-7) *“Jesus said to Thomas, **I am the way**, **and the
truth**, **and the life**: **no one** comes unto the Father, **but through
me**.” *How the majority of mankind *hates* this verse - and anything else
of God’s Word in the Bible. Such matters not! In the end - *all
mankind*will be judged by
*this Word*, and no other.

 I, like Billy Graham, have taken the entire Bible by faith, and declare it
*all* to be God’s Word, whether I fully understand it all or not! I invite
you to join me in a similar step of faith, and make it your declaration
too! Jim Watt

 Our Psalm for the day: *139:15-16 SEARCH ME, O GOD, AND KNOW MY HEART. **“My
frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately
woven in the depths of the earth. **16 **Your eyes saw my unformed
substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were
formed for me, when as yet there was none of them” (ESV). *This was one of
the favorite Psalms of Dr. J. Edwin Orr. *Hallowed be Your :Name!*