Acts 3-5 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 10:24:16 PST 2012

January 11, 2012

 *ACTS 3-5 - CHURCH: MIRACLE AND PERSECUTION*

 *1. 3:16 (3:1-4:4) PETER: WITH JOHN HEALS LAME MAN. “And by the faith in
his :name has his :name strengthened this man, whom you behold and know:
and the faith which is though him has given him this perfect :soundness in
the presence of you all” (NNT). *What a confrontation! When Your Kingdom is
manifest in *power* as well as in Word, the status quo is disturbed,
Father. It was so with Jesus! Now through His *Resurrection* it is true
with His disciples! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 4:12 (4:5-12) PETER: ANSWERS CHARGES OF SANHEDRIN. “And the salvation
is in none other: for neither is there any other name under :heaven, that
is :given among men, wherein we must be saved.” *What bold preaching! Your
fear O Father, is now greater than the fear of man! How glorious! We
rejoice in the power of Your Kingdom. O work in our hearts the will to
always desire to fully do Your will! *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 4:31 (4:13-31) PETER: WITH APOSTLES PERSECUTED AND PRAYING. “And when
they had prayed, the place was shaken wherein they were gathered; and all
were filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of :God with
boldness. *What
an example for us! And You Father, in Jesus, are the same yesterday, and
today, and forever! We rejoice in this demonstration! *Your :will be done,
As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 4:33 (4:32-37) APOSTLES: SEE UNUSUAL RESULTS. “And with great power
gave the apostles their witness for the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and
great grace was upon them all.” *O forgive us Father, that we live so far
below our privileges. Pour out Your Spirit again that we might be
emboldened and strengthened to glorify Your Name as did these early
disciples. *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 5:3 (5:1-11) PETER: CONFRONTS ANANIAS AND SAPPHEIRA. “But :Peter said,
Ananias, why has :Satan filled your :heart to lie to the Holy :Spirit, and
to withhold part of the price of the land? *O Father, we quake before the
power of Your holiness and Your Majesty! We long to see Your fear upon Your
church once again. We long to walk softly in Your presence. *And forgive us
our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 5:13-14 (5:12-16) PETER: PERFORMS UNUSUAL MIRACLES. “But of the rest
dared no one join them: the people, however, magnified them; 14 and
therewere the more added believing on
the Lord, multitudes both of man and women.” *When Your church is cleansed
from lying Father, then Your power is released to do good works and
miracles. May we see and understand this relationship and order. Write it
and burn it upon our hearts. *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 5:32 (5:17-42) PETER: WITH APOSTLES CONFRONTS SANHEDRIN. “And WE are
witnesses of these :sayings; also the Holy :Spirit, whom :God has given to
them that obey him.” *What boldness and challenge from the lips of Your
apostles, Father! What a transformation since Pentecost! What a change
since Peter's denial! *But lead us not into temptation!*

 *NOTE**: 5:41-42 (5:17-42) APOSTLES: CONTINUE SHARING THOUGH PERSECUTED!
“They therefore departed from the presence of the Sanhedrin, rejoicing that
they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the Name. **42 And every
day, in the temple and at home, they ceased not to teach and to preach
Jesus as the Christ.” *Now the apostles are experiencing the latter part of
the eighth Beatitude! *Rejoice*, and be *exceeding glad*! *Leap for joy*!
And they did!

 Perhaps the key verse in this section for me is Acts 5:32 - *“And WE are
witnesses of these :sayings; also the Holy :Spirit whom :God has given to
them that obey Him.”*

 *Obedience* is omitted by some believers, because they overbalance this
with *grace*! Bob Mumford calls this “greasy grace!”

 It is important to note the emphasis of the Book of Romans. The Holy
Spirit has placed this *first* of the 14 epistles of Paul. It is the
*foundation
book* for Gentile believers, majoring on the six “Foundation Truths” of
Hebrews 6:1-2. (What Romans is for Gentiles in a foundational way: Hebrews
is for Messianic Jews!) They *both* major on Hebrews 6:1-2).

 Romans 1:5 states that it is by Jesus Christ *“through whom we have
received grace and apostleship, **unto obedience of faith** among all the
nations for his :name's sake!” *This is the “Alpha”! The *O*-MEga is found
in Romans 16:26b, where Paul now states in conclusion by the Holy Spirit,
that Jesus Christ by Paul's gospel *“is made known unto all the nations **unto
obedience of faith**!”*

 We must be under no false illusions! The Gospel of the grace of God in
Christ Jesus is *balanced* by this word: This Gospel of the Holy Spirit
through Paul is unto *obedience of faith* for all nations” - corporately
and individually. The Spirit quickened these two verses to me very early in
my Christian life. He wanted me to walk in this balance of *the obedience
of faith* from the very beginning. And now nearly 68 years later, I am *
still* committed to obeying Him in joy and love. For He said - *“If you
love Me, you **will keep** My commandments!”*

 If you find *an obedient* believer, you can rest assured that you have a
true team member, who can work with your team in a corporate manner!

 And now - our Psalm for the day:* **102:12-13 (102:1-28) DO NOT HIDE YOUR
FACE FROM ME. “But you O LORD, are enthroned forever; you are remembered
throughout all generations. **13** You will arise and have pity on Zion; **it
is the time** to favor her; **the appointed time** has come” (ESV). *“There
is a tide in the affairs of men ...” A surf-board rider must learn the
timing of the big waves. Issachar had understanding of the times, to know
what Israel ought to do (1 Chronicles 12:32). Father, grant us wisdom to
understand our times, the *harvest*, and the significance of the *Feast of
Tabernacles*. Then we will *Hallow your :name!*

 *AN ADDITIIONAL WORD BY DR. DEREK PRINCE*

 A friend of ours from Canada updated the reception of Christian Channels
from our “dish” this week. As a result last night, I was able to pick up
two “teachings” from Dr. Prince. On the first, he referred to John 10:34-35
(10:22-39) *“:Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your :law [that], I
said, You are gods? **35** If HE called them gods, unto whom the word of
:God came (**and the scripture cannot be broken)**,” *Prince emphasized the
word of Jesus concerning the status of those receiving the Word of God - *“and
the **scripture** cannot be **broken**.” *We need to ponder this. In a
Canadian seminary I attended following World War II - they taught that
Jesus being merely human, said things that really suited the thinking of
his day - and did not have reality!” *Wrong*! Almost blasphemous! For Jesus
was Son of God prior to His Incarnation, and spoke directly from the
Father, and spoke no words and did no miracles except under subjection to
His Father - as the Son of man!

 So - *the written word from God* - the Scriptures - *cannot be broken*!
And if we reject Jesus' Word as did these seminary professors - we and they
*shall be broken*! We need to ponder this, for *the fear of the LORD* is
the beginning of wisdom and the beginning of knowledge.

 Secondly - Jesus and His Word - both written (Scripture) and spoken (R*E*ma)
- are *one*! See John 1:1. Therefore if we reject His Word - *we reject
Jesus*! And if we reject Jesus - we repudiate the Bible! Also, look at
Revelation 19:13 (19:11-16) “*And he [Jesus] **is** arrayed in a garment
sprinkled with blood: and **his :name** is called **the Word of :God**!”*

 The above 3 verses are given by Derek Prince in the first lecture I heard
him give last night. He was very competent in both Greek and Hebrew, being
fluent in Hebrew! He was the youngest Professor in Philosophy in King's
College, Cambridge at 24, prior to joining the British armed forces during
World War II. I knew him personally, and count him as one of the most
accurate Bible teaching scholars I have met or read.

 Our “Outlined Interlinear NT” about to be published - backs up the above
teaching 100%. J.A.Watt