Acts 2 - Outline

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 08:25:24 PST 2012

January 9, 2012

 *APR 11 - ACTS 2 - CHURCH: THEOLOGY OF PENTECOST*

 *1. 2:4 (2:1-4) PENTECOST: ITS FULFILLMENT. “And all were filled with
theHoly Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit
gave them
utterance” (NNT). *This is *part* of praying with all prayer and
supplication *in the Spirit* (Ephesians 6:18). It *also* includes praying
with our understanding in the Spirit (1 Corinthians 14:15). We speak: the
Spirit gives us the words to say. *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 2:12-13 (2:5-13) PENTECOST: INITIAL REACTION. “And all were amazed,
and perplexed, saying one to another, What does this mean? 13 But others
mocking said [that] They are filled with new wine.” *Human reasoning cannot
explain Your supernatural acts, Father. Here You have *reversed* the
confusion of languages at the tower of Babel. We believe You! *Your
:kingdom come.*

 *3. 2:21 (2:14-21) PENTECOST: PETER QUOTES JOEL. “And it shall be,
thatwhoever shall call on the name of
the Lord shall be saved.” *Father, You gave Your Name '*Jehovah* the
Savior' to Jesus, the meaning of His Name. *You* were *in* Your Son,
reconciling the world to Yourself! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on
earth.*

 *4. 2:23-24 (2:22-28) PENTECOST: PETER QUOTES DAVID. “Him [Jesus], given
up by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of :God, you by the hand of
lawless men did fasten to a cross and slay: 24 whom :God raised up, having
loosed the pangs of :death: because it was not possible that he be held of
it.” *O forgive us Father, for having such an inadequate conception of what
this verse contains! Open our eyes that we may see! *Our :daily :bread Give
us this day!*

 *5. 2:36 (2:29-36) PENTECOST: LINKED WITH JESUS' RESURRECTION. “Let
all thehouse of Israel therefore know surely, that God has made him
both Lord and
Christ, this :Jesus whom you crucified.” *How awesome! How You have honored
and glorified Your only begotten Son Jesus, Father! He is worthy of
*all*worship, and we worship You in Him!
*And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors!*

 *6. 2:38 (2:37-42) PENTECOST: EXTRAORDINARY RESULTS! “And Peter said unto
them, Repent and be baptized each of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto
remission of your :sins; and you shall receive the gift (do-reA, artesian
well) of the Holy Spirit.” *This is the 'Peter-package:' *Repentance*, *
Baptism*, and then the *Gift* of the Holy Spirit! Have we obeyed You O God
in Peter, in this 3-fold mandate? With this - You *bring us not into
temptation!*

 *7. 2:46-47 (2:43-47) PENTECOST: CONTINUING EFFECTS. “And daily,
continuing steadfastly with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread at
home, they partook of their food with gladness and singleness of
heart, 47praising :God, and having favor with all the people. And the
Lord added
together daily those being saved.” *Hallelujah! *But deliver us from the
evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 2:42 (2:37-42) PENTECOST: ITS 4-FOLD FRUIT. “And they were
continuing steadfastly in the teaching and the fellowship of the apostles,
the breaking of the bread and the prayers.” *This is Your will Father, for
each of us who have in the *obedience of faith* received the Peter-package!

 In July of 1944, my first true mentor, Mrs. Mary Bertha Allquist, a Jewish
convert to Jesus, informed me that she sensed the Lord leading her to share
with me the Feasts of the LORD from Leviticus 23. She pointed out that
Jesus fulfilled the Passover on His Cross at Calvary. Then 50 days
following His Resurrection, the Father through Him gave the Holy Spirit on
the Day of Pentecost. But the Feast of Tabernacles, the third and
*great*feast of the Jews, would not be fulfilled until the Son of God
returned as
Lord of lords and King of kings, to rule from Jerusalem the nations of the
world for 1000 years!

 I had been the paper-boy for Mrs. Allquist for 3 years from 1938 to 1941.
Then on Passover of 1944 the LORD revealed Himself to me as a sailor in the
Navy - according to His promise to me in the Fall of 1942.

 Approximately on the Day of Pentecost in 1944, God visited me with the
Gift of the Holy Spirit, and in July commissioned me to look into the
discovery of Ivan Panin. Then in the Fall of 1945, He further commissioned
me to put together the two Bible Numeric texts of Panin - into an “Outlined
Interlinear NT.” Since the coming of Computers, I have been enabled since
2007 to put this manuscript unto our Website. It is now in the hands of the
Printer, and soon can be in your hands. To *meditate* over this Interlinear
- will release through such ones - a unique ministry both individually and
corporately, that will be used of God to prepare for the return of His Son,
Jesus! We will all need to spiritually experience *Passover* and *Pentecost*,
to be usable for the fulfillment of the Feast of *Tabernacles*! Are we
ready?Are we willing? Are we expectant? Are we believing?

 Let us join together as we prepare to meet with our soon-returning Lord
and Savior!

 And now - our Psalm for the day: *101:5-6 (101:1-8) I WILL WALK WITH
INTEGRITY. “Whoever slanders his neighbor secretly I will destroy. Whoever
has a haughty look and an arrogant heart I will not endure. 6 I will look
with favor on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me; he who
walks in the way that is blameless shall minister to me” (ESV). *O Father,
in *this word* we see that David was a *man after Your own heart*! Make us
like David! *Hallowed be your :name!*