:Luke 2

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 10:43:33 PDT 2011

September 10, 2011

 *FEB 29 - LUKE 2 - JESUS: FROM BIRTH TO TWELVE*

 *1. 2:7 (2:1-7) JESUS: HIS BIRTH. “And she was delivered of her :firstborn
:son; and they swaddled him and laid him in a manger, because there was not
room for them in the inn” (NNT). *Your Kingdom comes, Father, in the
unexpected; in the suddenly; in the common ways; in what man counts as
nothing; among the poor; in what man counts as foolishness. O give us the
wisdom of true perception! *Hallowed be your :name!*

 *2. 2:11-12 (2:8-20) JESUS: THE SHEPHERDS. “For this day is born to you in
David's city a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this is a sign for
you: You shall find a child swaddled, and lying in a manger.” *Father, we
will submit to the rule and the way of Your Kingdom. We will be prepared for
angelic visitation should this be Your will. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 2:21 JESUS: NAMED BY GABRIEL. “And when eight days were fulfilled for
:circumcising him, his name also was called JESUS, which was so called by
the angel before he was :conceived in the womb.” *Jeremiah had his
commission before conception. Ishmael, Isaac, Cyrus and John the Baptizer
were also named before conception. How *great* You are, Father! *Your :will
be done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 2:38 (2:22-38) JESUS: BLESSED BY SIMEON AND ANNA. “And coming up at
that very hour she [Anna] gave thanks to :God, and spoke of him to all that
were looking for the redemption of Jerusalem.” *Not all perceived Your Son
at His first coming, Father. Thank God for the shepherds, Simeon and Anna. O
forgive us for our blindness, and slowness to believe! Make us perspective.
Anoint our eyes with eye salve that we might see. *Our :daily :bread, Give
us this day.*

 *5. 2:39. JESUS: BROUGHT TO NAZARETH. “And when they had accomplished all
the things according to the law of the Lord, they returned to :Galilee, to
their own city Nazareth.” *Jesus was born under the law, and all things
according to the law were done unto Him. You superintended this Father. We
bless You for it. *And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our
:debtors.*

 *6. 2:40 JESUS: BEFORE TWELVE. “And the child grew, and became strong,
filled with wisdom: and God's grace was upon him.” *How You must have loved
Your Son in His humanity, Father! This was the One Whom You would later make
Lord and Christ! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 2:42, 49 (2:41-52) JESUS AT TWELVE IN THE TEMPLE. “And when he [Jesus]
was twelve years old, they went up after the custom of the feast; 49 and he
[Jesus] said unto them, How is it that you sought me? Did you not know that
I must be about my :father's business? *Imagine being the human parents of
God's only begotten Son! Father, we marvel at Your salvation in Your Son! *But
deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 2:51-52 (2:41-52) JESUS: HIS AMAZING EXAMPLE OF OBEDIENCE! “And
Jesus went down with them, and came unto Nazareth, and was subject to them:
but His mother kept all these sayings in her heart. **52 And Jesus advanced
in :wisdom and stature, and in grace with God and men.” *Father, write
deeply on our hearts this example of Your Son Jesus! Lord Jesus, live out
Your life of humility and submission to Your Father and His delegated
authority, through us!

 The life of Jesus falls naturally into 4 parts: His birth to age 12; His
Hidden years from 13 to 30; His 3 years of preaching, teaching and healing;
His death, burial and resurrection, followed by His Ascension and 10 days
later the Gift of the Holy Spirit to replace Him.

 Actually, the last week of Jesus takes precedence over all, and takes up a
large part of all 4 Gospels. Since the fall of Adam, the most significant
event in the planning of God is the coming of the Second Adam, God's only
begotten Son.

 Three events in the history of man allow all other events to hang upon
them: the Abrahamic Covenant in 1896 BC; the Solomonic Temple in 986 BC; and
Calvary and the Resurrection of Jesus in 30 AD. To understand these 3 events
is to see from God's perspective the true meaning of world events. History
is only truly understood from God's perspective, not from the surmising of
even the most highly educated of men.

 Turn to our Website *<www.2rbetter.org>* and click on Archives. Then scroll
down to 2011-02-08 Panin's Bible Chronology. At the close of this article
click to get a PDF copy of these 3 events within the context of 21
significant dates of the 245 - that are deducible from Bible evidence alone.
Then through Panin they are confirmed by Bible Numerics. This time frame of
4000 years is divided into 8 periods, each ending with a Blood Covenant.

 Jesus - is the High Point of *all* history! He alone gives complete meaning
and understanding to all the purposes of God. In Him we can and should live
and move and have our being. To please Him is to please the Father. He and
the Father are *one*!

 And for our Psalm for the day - *59:17 (59:1-17) DELIVER ME FROM MY
ENEMIES. “O my Strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my
fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love [CHEsed]” (ESV). *When our
enemies seek to overwhelm us - yet You O Father, are *well able* to deliver
us, and You *do so*! You are the God of the “nick of time” (Hebrews 4:16).
We can trust You *completely*! J.A. Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*