1 Corinthians 3:2b-17

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 19:22:25 PDT 2011

July 24, 2011

The following is a document now ready for printing, one of but 100 short
chapters left to complete for Volume II of the Interlinear - ready for the
hands of the Printer. This Interlinear Document is really the work of God,
as discovered and prepared by Dr. Ivan Panin, who ironically has provided
Russia's Gift to Christianity!

This Interlinear edition is primarily an innovation because of its
"Outlined" nature, based on a further discovery by Panin. To me, it equals
the discovery as to how he perfected a Greek text the same as the original,
and made an English translation of it as close as possible to this Greek
text. I have made no innovations on these two texts apart from
transliterating the Greek text according the the Berlitz method. I have
found no other NT texts that reveal "context" in the way that comes alive
through the sentence, sub paragraphs, paragraph and section format laid out
by Panin through Bible Numerics. I have delighted in my 67 years of work on
this intensely interesting project. Now that it is about to come into your
hands the reader, I trust that for you it will be as great a blessing as it
has been to me. J.A.W.

 *(From: 1 CORINTHIANS #3 - 3:2b-17)*

 *F. 3:3-17 GOD EVALUATES CHRISTIAN WORKERS*

*1. 3:2b-9 GOD'S WORKERS: DIVISIONS INEXCUSABLE*

*a. 3:2b-3 CARNAL CHRISTIANS: WALK AS NATURAL MEN*

All', ouDE Eti nun DUnas-the; Eti gar sar-kiKOI [4559] es-te:

*Nay, even now are you yet unable; 3 for you are yet carnal:*

HOpou gar en huMIN Z*E*los [2205] kai Eris [2054],

*for whereas jealousy is among you and strife,*

ouCHI sar-kiKOI es-te, kai kaTA ANthr*o*-pon pe-ri-paTEIte?

*are you not carnal, and walk you not after man's manner?*

 *b. 3:4 For when one says, I am of Paul; and another, I, of Apollos; are
you not men​?*

HOtan gar LEg*e* tis, E-G*O* MEN ei-mi PAUlou; HEte-ros de, E-G*O*, A-polL*O
*; ouk ANthr*o*POI es-te?

 *c. 3:5a What then is Apollos? and what is Paul?*

ti OUN es-tin A-polL*O*S? ti DE es-tin PAUlos?

 *d. 3:5b Ministers through whom you believed, and as the Lord gave to each.
*

diAko-noi [1249] di' h*o*n e-pisTEUsa-te, kai heKASt*o* h*o*s ho KUri-os Ed*
o*-ken.

 *e. 3:6 I planted, Apollos watered; but :God gave increase.*

eG*O* ePHUteu-sa [5452], Apol-L*O*S ePOti-sen [4222]; all' ho TheOS *E*Uxa-nen
[837].

 *f. 3:7 So then neither is who plants anything nor who waters; but God that
gives increase.*

H*O*Ste OUte ho phuTEU*o*n esTIN ti OUte ho poTIz*o*n; all' ho auXAn*o*n
TheOS.

 *g. 3:8 REWARD: ACCORDING TO INDIVIDUAL FAITHFULNESS*

ho phuTEU*o*n de kai ho poTIz*o*n HEN ei-sin:

*Now who plants and who waters are one:*

HEkas-tos de ton Idi-on misTHON [3408] L*E*Mpse-tai kaTA ton Idi-on KOpon
[2873].

*but each shall receive his own :reward according to his own :toil.*

 *h. 3:9 For we are God's fellow-workers: you are God's husbandry, God's
building.*

TheOU GAR es-men su-nerGOI [4904]: TheOU ge*O*Rgi-on [1091], TheOU oi-ko-doM
*E* [3619] es-te.

 *2. 3:10-15 GOD'S BUILDING-CODE FOR CHURCH WORKERS*

*a. 3:10a PAUL'S BUILDING-SKILL: HIS ACKNOWLEDGED GIFT*

KaTA t*e*n CHArin tou TheOU t*e*n doTHEI-SAN moi,

*According to the grace of :God :given me,*

h*o*s soPHOS ar-chiTEKt*o*n [753] theMEli-on [2310] Eth*e*-ka [5087]; ALlos
de e-poi-ko-doMEI [2026].

*as a wise masterbuilder I laid a foundation; and another builds thereon.*

 *b. 3:10b But let each look how he builds thereon. *

HEkas-tos de blePEt*o* p*o*s e-poi-ko-doMEI.

 *c. 3:11 ONLY ONE FOUNDATION*

theMEli-on gar ALlon ouDEIS DUna-tai THEnai paRA ton KEIme-non

*For other foundation can no one lay than what is laid, *

hos es-tin I*e*SOUS ChrisTOS.

*who is Jesus Christ.*

 *d. 3:12-13 FIRE: WILL MAKE PROOF OF ALL OUR WORKS*

ei DE tis e-poi-ko-doMEI [2026] ePI ton theMEli-on chruSIon [5557],

*But if any builds on the foundation gold,*

arGUri-on [696], LIthous [3037] tiMIous [5093], XUla [3586], CHORton [5528],
caLAm*e*n [2562];

*silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;*

heKAStou to ERgon pha-neRON [5318] geN*E*se-tai: h*e* gar h*e*MEra d*e*L*O*sei
[1213],

*13 the work of each shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it,*

HOti en puRI [4442] a-po-kaLUPte-tai [601];

*because it is being revealed in fire;*

kai heKAstou to ERgon hoMOI-ON es-tin to pur auTO do-kiMAsei [1381].

*and the fire itself shall prove the work of each of what sort it is.*

 *e. 3:14 If the work of any shall abide which he built thereon, he shall
receive reward.*

EI ti-nos to ERgon meNEI ho e-poi-koDOm*e*-sen, misTHON L*E*Mpse-tai.

 *f. 3:15 FIRE: CAN DESTROY ALL THE WORKS OF A TRUE BELIEVER*

EI ti-nos to ERgon ka-ta-ka*E*se-tai [2618], z*e*-mi-*o*TH*E*se-tai [2210]:

*If the work of any shall be burned, he shall suffer loss:*

auTOS de s*o*TH*E*se-tai [4982]; HOUt*o*s de h*o*s diA puROS.

*but himself shall be saved; yet so as through fire.*

 *3. 3:16-17 JUDGMENT: UPON DESTROYERS OF GOD'S TEMPLE*

*a. 3:16 Know you not that you are God's sanctuary, and the Spirit of :God
dwells in you?*

Ouk OIda-te HOti naOS [3485] TheOU esTE, kai to PNEUma tou TheOU en huMIN
oiKEI [3611]?

 *b. 3:17 GOD'S REQUIREMENT: HOLINESS FOR HIS SANCTUARY*

EI tis ton naON tou TheOU PHTHEIrei [5351], phtheREI TOUton ho TheOS;

*If any corrupts the sanctuary of :God, him shall :God corrupt;*

ho gar naOS tou TheOU HAgiOS es-tin, HOItiNES es-te huMEIS.

*for the sanctuary of God is holy, which you are.*

 *NOTE*: 3:2b-3 (3:2b-9) *“Nay, even now are you yet unable; 3 for you are
yet carnal: for whereas jealousy is among you and strife, are you not
carnal, and walk you not after man's manner?” *It is very important for
leaders especially to understand what the Spirit of God is leading the
apostle Paul to write in this section. Carelessness in understanding will be
shown up at the Judgment Seat (B*E*ma) of Christ for all believers,
following the general resurrection.

 True local churches in each city should be led in unity with one another in
each city church. This was normal in the beginning, though Corinth needed
this letter from Paul to come up to standard. This is God's goal for us
preceding the return of His Son. It is extremely important that leaders over
local churches move in unity apart from strife and jealousy, which are signs
of carnality and walking as natural men.

 3:10a (3:10-15) *“According to the grace of :God :given, as a wise
masterbuilder I laid a foundation; and another builds thereon.” *Here we
find one of the clear apostolic credentials - founding city churches with
Christ the foundation.

 3:15 (10-15) *“If the work of any shall abide which he built thereon, he
shall receive reward.” *Our works must be Spirit-led by a Spirit-possessed
life - else they will be burnt. See Rees Howells, Intercessor” by Norman P.
Grubb for a clear presentation on this. Oswald Chambers, George Muller and
H. A. Baker walked in a parallel manner. Galatians 2:20 shows Paul's insight
on this.

 3:17 (3:16-17) *“If any corrupts the sanctuary of :God, him shall :God
corrupt; for the sanctuary of God is holy, which you are.” *This is very
serious. There are those who either ignorantly or deliberately hurt the
organic body of Christ. We see government and political leaders who do this
to cities, states and our nation. However, the majority of them are *not* in
the Kingdom of God. But professing believers who are leaders of the church
have no such excuse. We *shall* be judged by the Plumbline of the Word of
God, by Him whose eyes are as a flame of fire! The Book of Revelation in the
NT is little different from the prophetic teaching books of the OT.

 *Better* for leaders to be forewarned today, so that we may walk a careful
walk in the love of the Spirit. This will surely prepare us for that final
day. - J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*