Exodus 14-17

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu May 19 11:39:35 PDT 2011

May 19, 2011

 *FEB 5 - EXODUS 14-17 - JEHOVAH: HIS PROVISION*

 *1. 14:4 (14:1-12) PHARAOH: PURSUES ISRAEL. “And I will harden Pharaoh's
heart, and he shall follow after them; and I will get me honor upon Pharaoh,
and upon all his host; and the Egyptians shall know that I am Jehovah. And
they did so.” *The people did as ordered. This is Your capstone of judgment
beginning, O Father! The delusion and deception of the human heart is deep.
What we see in Pharaoh is the potential in each of us! O may we recognize
our potential for evil, submit to you, and refuse the way of the flesh.

*Hallowed be Your :Name!*

 *2. 14:13-14 (14:13-31) JEHOVAH: RED SEA DELIVERANCE. “And Moses said unto
the people, Fear not, stand still, and see the salvation of Jehovah, which
he will work for you today: for the Egyptians whom you have seen today, you
shall see them again no more for ever. 14 Jehovah will fight for you, and
you shall hold your peace.” *This reminds us of Jehoshaphat, Father. Stand
still, and see the salvation of Jehovah (2 Chronicles 20:17). You fight our
battles for us! *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 15:11 (15:1-21) MOSES: HIS SONG. “Who is like unto you, O Jehovah,
among the gods? Who is like you, glorious in holiness, Fearful in praises,
doing wonders?” *Our hearts are in awe O great Father, at Your Majesty and
Power. Yes, You *are* fearful in praises, doing wonders! *Your :will be
done, As in heaven, so on earth!*

 *4. 15:26 (15:22-27) JEHOVAH-ROPHEKA: ISRAEL'S HEALER! “And he said, If you
will diligently listen to the voice of Jehovah your God, and will do that
which is right in his eyes, and will give ear to his commandments, and keep
all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases upon you, which I have put
upon the Egyptians: for I am Jehovah that heals you.” *O how compassionate
You are to us Father, even in our unsanctified state! We thank You for
calling the things (us) that are not - as though they were. *Our :daily
:bread give us this day.*

 *5. 16:4 (16) JEHOVAH'S PROVISION: MANNA! “Then Jehovah said unto Moses,
Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out
and gather a day's portion every day, that I may prove them, whether they
will walk in my law, or not.” *This is incredible! And yet Father, Israel
still refused to sanctify You by believing Your Word. And we as New Covenant
saints can be just as stubborn and hard of heart! *And forgive us our
:debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 17:7 (17:1-7) MOSES: THREATENED BY ISRAEL. “And he called the name of
the place Massah, and Meribah, because of the striving of the children of
Israel, and because they tempted Jehovah, saying, Is Jehovah among us, or
not?” *Our hearts almost quail in us for fear for Israel because of their
murmuring against You, Father. How patient and long-suffering you are toward
us! By Your grace You look after us even in our unsanctification and
unworthiness! *And bring us not into temptation!*

 *7. 17:15-16 (17:8-16) MOSES: DEFEATS AMALEK. “And Moses built an altar,