Matthew 8:1-11:1

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sun May 1 09:40:54 PDT 2011

May 1, 2011

 *JAN 26 - MATTHEW 8:1-11:1 - MIRACLES OF JESUS*

 1. 8:16-17 (8:1-17) ISAIAH AND HEALING. “And when even was come, they
brought to him many demoniacs: and he cast out the spirits with a word, and
healed all that were ill: 17 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken
through Isaiah the prophet, saying, Himself took our :infirmities, and bore
our sicknesses.” Here is Your Kingdom in demonstration , Father. For the
Kingdom of God is not in word only, but in power and demonstration of the
Holy Spirit. *Hallowed be Your Name.*

 *2. 9:5-7 (8:18-9:8) TEACHING, MIRACLES AND HEALING. “For which is easier,
to say, Your :sins are forgiven; or to say, Arise, and walk? **6** But that
you may know that the Son of :man has authority on the earth to forgive sins
(then says he to the paralytic), Arise, and take up your :bed, and go to
your :house. **7** And he arose, **and** went away to his :house.” *Father,
we bless You that Jesus did Your will on earth in conformity with Your
invisible Kingdom. We would follow in His footsteps! *Come, Your Kingdom!*

 *3. 9:17 (9:9-17) BOLD WORDS. “Neither do **men** put new wine into old
wine-skins: else the skins burst, and the wine is spilled, and the skins
perish; but they put new wine into fresh wine-skins, and both are
preserved.” *Judaism, Pharisees: these are old wineskins, not renewed or
reconstituted. The bacteria of the last move of God are man-made traditions
holding back faith to enter the new move! *Your :will be done, As in heaven,
so on earth!*

 *4. 9:22 (9:18-34) JESUS ON ATTITUDES AND HEALING. “But :Jesus turning and
seeing her said, Be of good cheer, daughter; your :faith has made you whole.
And the woman became whole from that :hour.” *Here is a miracle in the midst
of a miracle! No wonder the world couldn't contain the books recording all
that Jesus did! We need to clearly apprehend the Almightiness of Your power
Father, working through the faith of the Son of God! *Our :daily bread give
us this day!*

 *5. 9:35 (9:35-10:5a) GOSPEL MULTIPLICATION. “And :Jesus went about all the
cities and the villages, teaching in their :synagogues, and preaching the
gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every infirmity.” *Jesus
multiplied Himself tenfold through commissioning the 12 apostles to join Him
in His works. Father, Your Son demonstrated Your Kingdom! *And forgive us
our :debts, as we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 10:16 (10:5b-42) POWER, PATTERN, PERSECUTION, PRESENCE! “Lo, I send you
forth as sheep amidst wolves: become therefore wise as the serpents, and
harmless as the doves.” *This was Your spirit, Lord Jesus! Father, we see
You in Your Son demonstrating the Kingdom of heaven on earth, in the
visible. And how the demons cowed, and Satan himself departed! *And bring us
not into temptation!*

 *7. 11:1. CONTINUANCE “And it came to pass, when :Jesus **had** finished
commanding his twelve :disciples, he departed from there to teach and preach
in their :cities.” *Following instruction and training, came more
demonstration through teaching and preaching. How simply and majestically
does Your Kingdom unfold, Father! *But deliver us from the evil one!*

 *NOTE**: 10:19-20 (10:5b-42) “But when they deliver you up, be not anxious
how or what you shall speak: for it shall be given you in that :hour what
you shall speak. **20** For it is not you that speak, but the Spirit of your
:Father that speaks in you.” *What comfort and assurance are in these words!
Father we magnify You for Your Almighty power that Jesus has put within us!

 The Miracles of Jesus in His three years of ministry are so multitudinous -
that as John reported - if they were all recorded, not even the world could
contain all the books required!

 The Father led His only begotten Son in all of theses miracles, plus all of
His Words. He did *not* speak or perform as the Son of :man - apart from the
leading of His Father. He was the *perfect* servant to God. The four
“servant songs” of Isaiah by prophecy - foretold the type of ministry
Messiah would have on earth. Jesus sought to have His Pharisaic accusers
believe Him for the sake of His signs and miracles, if not for His words.
The *two* backed each other up - for those open to receive them. He said,
“Which is easier - to say - Your sins are forgiven? or to say, Take up your
bed and walk? For those with discernment, it could be seen that the two go
together.

 But - not only did the Father have His Son perform many signs to
corroborate His teaching: but Jesus promised to *all* true believers that
“signs” or miracles would accompany our ministries also. Mark 16:9-20 give a
very clear account of this promise. And - no other portion of the NT has
been more attacked by Satan through his henchmen - than *this* portion of
Scripture! But - God through His Bible Numerics and Ivan Panin's discovery
of this feature in 1890 - conclusively proves that if *any* portion of the
NT could be omitted by the Textual Critics - *this* would be the last one to
go! More Bible Numerics appear in these last verses of the Gospel of Mark
than in any other portion of the NT.

 Look at the miracles performed by Peter and Paul! Do they not corroborate
the promises of Jesus to His followers?

 So - this January 26th Bible Reading devotional sets before us *much* to
ponder and meditate upon. David did not have these promises in his day of
the Old Covenant, so miracles did not set forth proof of God's calling upon
him in this manner. Yet - look at his testimony in Psalm 26:1! *“Judge me, O
Jehovah, for I have walked in my integrity: I have trusted also in Jehovah
without wavering.” *J.A.Watt

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES -- Web:http://2rbetter.org/pipermail/mailing/*