A Secret

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:44:10 PDT 2011

March 21, 2011

 “*A SECRET” - March 21, 2011*

 * “It is, Madame, because you seek without what you have within. Accustom
yourself to seek God in your heart, and you will there find Him.” *

 *The above words were given to Madame Guyon at a time when she was at the
end of herself - in the depths of frustration. Her life was futility and
failure from her point of view. But from the day of the above insight, she
started upwards in understanding, victory and success! - though through many
dangers, toils and snares.*

 *Should you wish to review a bit of the autobiography of Madame Guyon, you
can turn to our “Archives”, 2001-05-19 - on our Website <www.2rbetter.org> .
*

 *350 years ago Madame Guyon painfully picked up these words, and within
time had people throughout Europe beating a path to her door, to learn her
secret of victorious Christian living. Archbishop Fenelon of France was one
of these.*

 *But, centuries ago, the apostle Paul spelled out this same “secret”. In
Galatians 2:20 he tells of his secret - “I have been crucified with Christ;
and no longer I live, but Christ lives in me: and what I now live in
theflesh I live by
faith which is in the Son of :God, who loved me, and gave himself up for
me.” Death to self-ways through crucifixion with Christ explains it. Baptism
was an analogy making this concept clear. And the literal coming into his
life with the very faith of the Son of God Himself, explains the
extraordinary fruitfulness of the life of this apostle. What else could
explain such a transformed life?*

 *Oswald Chambers after six years of struggle nearly leading to loss of mind
- parallels what Paul the apostle discovered and experienced.*

 *Perhaps this word from James 1:17-18 will shed further light on this
secret. Every good giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down
from the Father of the lights, with whom is no variation, neither shadow
cast by turning. 18 With intent he brought us forth by the word of truth,
that we be a kind of firstfruits of his :creatures.” Just as Gabriel
informed Mary of how physical conception would miraculously take place prior
to marriage - so the Father here is seen as initiating the same on a
spiritual level in the life of every member of Christ's spiritual body!
Jesus is the LOgos according to John 1:1. The Father of lights initiates
each one of us into His Kingdom through “the word of truth” (LOgo a-leTHEIas).
Just as Jesus came as the babe of Bethlehem through heavenly conception, so
each one of us come through heavenly conception into God's Kingdom by having
Christ born in us! *

 *But - do we feed Him in the Word, prayer, devotion and obedience? Jesus as
the Son of man met regularly early each morning to commune with His Heavenly
Father! We should be doing the same with the Father and the Son in the power
of the Holy Spirit. Paul did. Oswald Chambers did. Madame Guyon did.*

 *See again the word Madame Guyon received from the Franciscan monk that
started her on her way. “It is, Madame, because you seek without what you
have within. Accustom yourself to seek God in your heart, and you will there
find Him.”*

 *And is He also in heaven? Assuredly! But when we invite Jesus into our
hearts for salvation, He comes! The Father initiates this. The Holy Spirit
enables it. Christ comes with His faith at our disposal. Are these truths
realities in our lives? Is Madame Guyon's secret our secret too? Are people
trekking to our spiritual doorstep to discover Christ in our spiritual
heart? It can happen!*

 *In 1967 the Lord gave me a vision of an organic Laser-Telescope composed
of 7 component parts. The first part was “God's Bible Numeric
OutlinedInterlinear Greek NT, whose two texts were prepared in a life
time work of
50 years following Ivan Panin's discovery of Bible Numerics in 1890 in
Boston.*

 *And what is inherently the nature of this Interlinear NT? It is the LOgos
of God (John 1:1) - Jesus is the Living LOgos - and the Bible is His
writtenLOgos. When like George Muller we daily kneel before this
written Word - and
read and pray it aloud back to God - the Holy Spirit takes hold of it and
transforms it back to a REma word, a Living Word - and God in our heart
starts to commune with us - speak to us - just like spiritual Urim and
Thummim. He also guides us and protects us. See Proverbs 6:20-22, for a
3-fold description of what the spiritual Urim and Thummim does for us! This
revelation was given to me in 1944 as a new convert - by a Jewish missionary
to her own people. She had literally memorized the entire Bible in English,
and much in Hebrew too. She was my first true mentor.*

 *So - Jesus is the Alpha of the spiritual Laser-Telescope. But as the
7thComponent - He is also the Omega. “Focus on the
Word” was the victorious secret of Oswald Chambers, and for the last 16
years of his short life, he fruitfully proved the secret of sharing Christ
through his life.*

 *So those who hear the Word of the Lord concerning the 7-fold Component
Parts of God's Organic Laser-Telescope, will also find Christ as the Alpha
and Omega of this creation - the Interlinear LOgos of the NT - as well as
the 7th Part - the Focal Point of Christ as Oswald Chamber's Secret. See the
very title of his “My Utmost for His Highest! - and - Personal, Passionate
devotion to Jesus!” These two statements alone show what Oswald found in
Jesus! He was his all in all!*

 *So - I invite you with me - find in reality the presence of the Abiding
Christ in your heart, as I have discovered Him in mine! Yes - He is in
heaven too! But God is in our hearts also. As we meditate vocally on God's
Word - and obey what the Spirit quickens to us - then Christ grows in our
hearts - just as in the flesh He advanced in wisdom and stature, and favor
with God and man” (Luke 2:52). *

 *A prerequisite to all of this to simplify it all, is to see our lives in
the picture of the Tabernacle in the Wilderness. Let us advance from the
Outer Court with its Brazen Altar representing Christ's Finished Atoning
Work on Calvary - followed by the Laver - where we are buried with Christ
unto death through baptism.*

 *Then in the Holy Place, we find the Menorah representing Gifts and Fruit
of the Spirit - the Table of Bread representing the 12 loaves for the 12
tribes of Israel; and the Table of Incense, where we worship in Spirit and
in Truth.*

 *The Outer Court represents our body, in which the the Holy Spirit dwells.
The Holy Place represents our soul, for whom Christ died. Here - our Mind,
Emotions and Will figure largely.*

 *But when we pass on through the Riven Veil into the Holy of Holies, there
like David we kneel in awe before the Ark of the Covenant, and above the
Mercy Seat and between the Cherubim, commune with our Heavenly Father
Himself. Here our human spirit finds union with the Spirit of God Himself.*

 *But even all of this is insufficient. David in Psalm 86:11b fervently
prays - “Unite my heart to fear your Name!” When our human spirit is
resurrected through the new birth, it needs to be united with the “mind” of
the soul! See Romans 12:2 - “And be not fashioned according to this age: but
be transformed (metamorphosized) by the renewing of the mind -” Then the
resurrected spirit can unite with the renewed mind to form a UNITED HEART.
This is what God longs for in each of us. This is what David longed for.*

 *And lastly - the blessing that flows from Madame Guyon's spiritual secret
- so that we embrace Mark 8:34 - “And Jesus called to him the crowd with his
:disciples, and said to them, If any would come after me, let him deny
himself, and take up his :cross, and follow me.” This is the secret of
discipleship. It is not being discipled unto a man, a movement or a
denomination. It is being discipled to Jesus only! He didn't in the Great
Commission tell us top make converts, but to make disciples, and Mark 8:34
clearly and succinctly sets out the three conditions: Denial of self, so
that our will is yielded completely to His will; taking up our cross - which
is the will of God, especially as it cuts across our will! Remember Jesus in
the Garden - “Father if it be possible, let this cup pass from me -
nevertheless - not my will, but Yours be done! There it is as an example for
us in a nutshell! *

 *And lastly - “Follow Me.” We will follow Him in the Gospels. And we will
follow Him in the epistles - for in the Epistles it is not James, Peter,
John, Jude or Paul talking - but our Lord Jesus! See Paul in 1 Corinthians
14:37 and Peter in 2 Peter 1:21. There are some in evangelical churches
today who feel that “custom” takes precedence over what Jesus taught through
His eight NT apostles! Wrong! Doubly wrong! The weakness of the church today
is that we have watered down the Word of God to the level of the mere word
of man! Not so! We all have to answer to Christ at the BEma throne of
Judgment upon His return! How will we answer for our deeds done in the body
if we have to confess that we watered Christ's word through apostles down
according to “custom”. God have mercy on our souls! J.A.W*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE – Please email: **
jmbetter-unsubscribe at skagitattic.no-ip.org*

 *FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES – Web:** **
http://skagitattic.no-ip.org/pipermail/jmbetter/** *