Visions of Heaven - IV. B

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 10:20:11 PDT 2010

August 18, 2010

   *(From “Visions Beyond the Veil” by H.A. Baker)*

 *Chapter IV. B. VISIONS OF HEAVEN*

 *With the Innumerable Hosts of Angels*

Inside the city, the children knew the meaning of the Scripture which says,
“you are come into the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and
to *innumerable hosts of angels” (*Hebrews 12:22). Not only about the gates
of the city were these happy angels, but also throughout the city everywhere
were these heavenly hosts. Angels were always ready to escort the children
from place to place throughout the city; angels walked with them and talked
with them; angels explained to them the meaning of things they did not
understand, even as they talked with John and revealed to him the things of
God. Often in these experiences with the angels our children were given
harps and taught to play them and sing as the angels did. They were also
taught to blow the trumpets and were taught

 *The Music and Language of Heaven*

 When we saw the children, with closed eyes, all dancing about the room in
rhythm, we found that in vision they were dancing with the angels in heaven
and keeping time to the heavenly music. When we saw them apparently blowing
a trumpet or going through the motions of playing a harp, we found that in
vision they were joining the heavenly orchestra in the praises of the King.
We could not see the heavenly harps or trumpets. We could not see the
angels' joyful dance or hear their song. We could hear only the children
singing heavenly songs. It was a daily sight to find some child off in a
corner by himself, lying comfortably on the pine needles, going through the
motions of playing a harp. Upon going near, we could hear him singing a new
song we had never taught him. Approaching still nearer, we would discover
that the words were as strange to us as the tune. The singer was singing in
the *heavenly choir.* His song was the song the angels taught him. The words
of the song must have been in the language of angels. (“*If I speak with the
tongues of men and of angels.” 1 Corinthians 13:1).* Seeing the children
singing in this heavenly angelic choir was a sight not to be forgotten.
Sometimes several of them in some place in the heavenly city or its
wonderful Paradise would decide to play and sing together. With closed eyes,
while fully under the power of the Holy Spirit, three or four of them would
get off by themselves. If we were near, we would hear a consultation as to
who would play the trumpet and who would sing. After all was decided and
everybody was ready, the heavenly hymns began. The trumpeters held their
hands up before them and blew as though blowing trumpets. The harpists both
played and sang, while those without instruments joined in the singing. In
these cases they always sang in languages we did not understand, unless by
mutual agreement they decided to sing one of those hymns they “used to sing
down on earth.” In that case they sang in Chinese.

 *Seeing and Worshiping Jesus*

 The climax of all heavenly joy and wonder was “Seeing Jesus” and worshiping
Him who had saved them by His blood.

 Soon after entering the gates of the city the children were escorted by the
angels to “go and see Jesus.” We could hear these children talking about
“going to see Jesus” and see them as in vision they were approaching the
throne of Christ. When they came into the wonderful presence they stood
reverently gazing with love and devotion upon the Lord of all creation, who
was also their Savior. First of all they thanked Him, and adoringly
worshiping Him they joined their hands before them, bowing in true
obeisance. They then knelt and bowed their faces to the floor in true
worship “in spirit and truth,” *(“The hour comes, and now is, when the true
worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such does the
Father seek to be his worshipers.” John 4:23), *which few if any know on
earth who have not the baptism of God's Holy Spirit.

 *The Throne of God and the Throne of Christ*

 The throne of Christ the children saw as did John when he was “in the
Spirit”: “and behold there was a throne set in heaven, and one sitting upon
the throne; and he that sat was to look upon like a jasper stone and a
sardius: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, like an emerald to
look upon. And round about the throne were four and twenty thrones: and upon
the thrones I saw four and twenty elders sitting arrayed in white garments:
and on their heads crowns of gold, - and there were seven lamps of fire
burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.” Revelation
4:3-6.

 *Jesus Preeminent in all Things in Heaven*

 No matter how amazed were the children at the wonders of the golden city,
no matter how happy in the pleasures of Paradise, no matter how joyful in
the presence of the angels, Jesus was never forgotten. His name was
mentioned in all the conversation; his praise was mingled in all the
enjoyments; he was always magnified everywhere, in everything, and in
everybody there.

 *Houses by the Golden Street*

*(Your minds must not be troubled; ... There are many rooms in my Father's
house.”*

*John 14:1, 2. - Goodspeed)*

 On either side of the beautiful golden streets were buildings side by side,
a room for each person, every room opening onto the street. Upon the door
and about the front were precious jewels so resplendently brilliant that the
building shone with light and glory. The name of each occupant was above the
door. Angels led the children into the rooms. Within all the rooms were the
same kinds of furnishings: a beautiful golden table upon which was a Bible,
a flower vase, a pen, and a book; by the table was a golden chair; there was
also a wonderful golden chest and a golden bed. In each room was a jeweled
crown, a golden harp, and a trumpet. The walls were gold. From the Bible,
made of such paper as had never been seen on earth, and bound with gold,
light and such brilliant glory shone forth that the whole room needed no
other light. The visitors were told that when they came to stay after death
they could go out into Paradise and pick any flowers of their choice to
place in the beautiful vase on the golden table. (Since the first edition of
this booklet, a letter from a woman in England was received, saying that ten
years previously both she and her son had visions of this street and of
these dwellings; both confirmed the visions of the Adullam children
regarding the external appearance and interior furnishings of these rooms by
the golden street. In a distant part of the Province of Yunnan a tribes boy
who did not know of these other visions also saw this street. These rooms by
this golden street may be the thrones which John mentions; “I saw thrones
and they sat upon them,” Revelation 20:4.

Adullam children have had visions of other parts of the New Jerusalem with
its spacious parks and elaborate mansions. Tribes people have also seen this
part of the city. An account of these visions with others of the New
Jerusalem and the teaching of the Scriptures regarding this city and the New
Heaven and the New Earth is given in detail in a book entitled “The Three
Worlds,” by the author.)

 In these visits to heaven the children could go to their rooms at pleasure
to read their Bibles or to play their harps and trumpets. Sometimes they
took they trumpets or their harps out into the streets or out into Paradise
to play and sing with the angels and the redeemed who are now in heaven.

 In these excursions through heaven the children, though lost to their real
surroundings on earth, were always conscious that their visit to heaven was
temporary. They know they were there only to see what was prepared for them
after death, so they might go back to earth again to tell others. Angels and
the Lord told these heavenly visitors that, if they believed and obeyed, all
these things would be theirs. They not only knew they must come back to
earth again, but they sometimes knew when they were coming.

 One boy, after enjoying the glories of heaven, hung his crown and trumpet
up in his room so he could have them again after he died and went to heaven
to remain. He then came back to earth. The power of the Holy Spirit left
him. When he opened his eyes he was in our Adullam room telling the wonders
of his trip to heaven.

 Can we suppose that the Lord saved these boys, baptized them with the Holy
Spirit, and then fooled them by showing them a figurative and mythical
heaven? Impossible!!! An earthly father may deceive his children with false
hopes and false promises. Our Heavenly Father shows his children what he has
for them (Revelation 3:21), and then gives the very things which He has
promised (Luke 11:9, 13).

 When these children saw the heavenly rooms of their Adullam friends they
clapped their hands, laughed, and shouted with great joy, calling each one
by name to come and see his room. The one in the Spirit was passing along
the streets of the New Jerusalem, reading the names above each door.

 *In Heaven Meet Adullam Boys Who Died*

 The first day when the Holy Spirit fell upon the children, and one of the
boys was caught up to heaven, with angels who came to welcome him came also
the two Adullam boys who were undoubtedly saved and died the year before.
These two, “Hsi Dien Fu” and “Djan Hsing,” (The change in this latter's life
was as great as his outward appearance when he first entered the Adullam
Rescue Home, and the way he left it to go to heaven. Two weeks before his
death, while in good health, he had wonderful visions of heaven with its
city and Paradise. He was reluctant to return. Before he died he was
unconscious of his surroundings and apparently in great pain. As hands were
laid upon him and prayer was made, his body relaxed, all evidence of pain
disappeared, joy came into his face, and he seemed to be as lost in the
things of heaven as he had previously been when in vision he was there. He
had this happy experience for about an hour, smiling and occasionally
laughing outright from sheer joy when, with this happy smile on his face, he
stopped breathing. He was truly in heaven to return to this filthy earth no
more. When under the Holy Spirit, the Adullam children frequently saw Djan
Hsing in heaven in the enjoyment of indescribable happiness.) had with them
in heaven a little girl who died in Kotchiu four years previous, whom our
children had forgotten.

 Those who had died and gone on before led those who were caught up in the
joys and wonders of heaven. They led them to see Jesus, first of all, and to
worship and thank Him. After this they were shown their dwellings and
escorted around the city or led out into Paradise to play.

 All who went to heaven were given white garments. The angels, also dressed
in seamless garments of spotless white, had wings, but the redeemed did not
have wings. There was a clear distinction between the two.

 Later on many more of the children saw these Adullam boys who are in
heaven. Heaven did not seem far away as, caught away in the Spirit, they
acted out heavenly visions before our eyes. With closed eyes and radiant
faces they clapped their hands and shouted for joy to these boys who died
that year, calling them to hurry over to see some dwellings, some golden
street, some new scene among the angels, some new discovery in the garden of
Paradise, or to come and play the harp and sing with the praises of Jesus.
These boys who had died were so constantly seen in heaven and their names
were so frequently shouted in our midst with ecstasy and joy that they did
not seem far away - just out of sight. Heaven was so real, so near, so
wonderful, so certain, that if one of our children had died in those days
the others would have envied him his privilege.

 The step to heaven after death or at the coming of the Lord seemed so small
and the coming of the Lord so near that it removed from our minds all
mystery as to why the first disciples could sell their possessions and face
persecution and death without wavering.

 Our kingdom is not of this world. Our citizenship is in heaven, whence also
we wait for our Savior. Our life, our work, our service, our hardships here
are only brief and passing incidents on the way to the true life, the true
city, in the true kingdom that cannot be shaken.

 *NOTE**: *This very book copy, “Visions Beyond the Veil” - came into my
hands in 1944 as a new believer in Jesus while serving in the Canadian Navy.
It, along with “Answers to Prayer” by George Muller; “Ever Increasing Faith”
by Smith Wigglesworth; and “40 Years of Signs and Wonders in the Life of
Mrs. Maria Woodworth-Etter” - all had a profound effect upon my life as a
new believer. As I typed up the above portion for you, the presence of the
Lord in heaven was as near to me - and nearer - than 66 years ago. J.A.W.

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: