Visions Beyond the Veil

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 12:11:03 PDT 2010

*August 4, 2010
<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   *(From “VISIONS BEYOND THE VEIL” by H.A. Baker)*

 *Chapter III. A. SCRIPTURAL RESULTS OF THE OUTPOURING*

 That this outpouring of the Holy Spirit is from God can be clearly seen in
that it exactly fulfills the prophecies in the Bible that foretell what *
results* will follow outpourings of the Holy Spirit. We mention some of
these results. One of these that was to accompany the work of the Holy
Spirit and that was first manifest among us was a

 *Clear Assurance of Salvation*

 Through visions or other workings of the Holy Spirit, sin and the lost
condition of each one was made so real that every ground of hope was
banished unless the Lord in undeserved mercy would answer prayer for the
lost and save him. Then the Holy Spirit made the wonderful salvation and
grace of God as real as had been the lost condition. One after another soon
came through to a clear “I know” experience of salvation. This made such a
transformation in the lives and testimony of the Adullam family that there
was no mistaking that the Home was made up of many who were

 *Born Again*

 “*Jesus answered and said unto him, verily, verily, I say unto you, Except
one be born anew, *

*he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3*

“*You received the spirit of adoption by which we cry, Abba Father.*

*The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are the children
of God.” Rom. 8:15, 16.*

“*Hereby we know that we abide in him and he in us, *

*because he has given us of his Spirit.” 1 John 4:13.*

“*He that believes on the Son of God has the witness in himself.” Gal. 4:6*

 The whole atmosphere of the place was changed. The joy unspeakable and full
of glory came in until it bubbled over. As the boys were at their work in
opening ground for a garden they praised the Lord so much that some of the
boys in the neighborhood, mocking them said, “Praise the Lord,” whenever
they met our boys. When one boy went into a store to buy nails, before he
realized it he said, “Hallelujah! I want some nails.” The tribes boy has had
a wonderful experience from the start. One day on his way to work he danced
down the street in the joy of the Holy Spirit, praising the Lord somewhat
like the style of Billy Bray. Being cleansed from sin and born again of the
Holy Spirit and still seeking more and more of the Lord, the children were
carried in these deeper things of God until over twenty of the Adullam
people

*Spoke in Other Tongues*

 as people did on the day of Pentecost; as they did when the Holy Spirit was
poured forth at the House of Cornelius; as they did when they received the
fullness of the Spirit at Ephesus; as the apostle Paul did; and as the
Samaritan Christians undoubtedly did when they received the Holy Spirit in
mysterious power and manifestation, so striking and wonderful that Simon
wanted to buy it.

 Although most of these Adullam people had never seen any such
demonstrations, having been taught to seek the Lord for the Holy Spirit,
they were not only rewarded with a great “joy unspeakable and full of glory”
in their own hearts, but they got the “I know” satisfaction about the
baptism of the Holy Spirit. They know they received it the same way the New
Testament saints did in the beginning , as shown by the only five recorded
passages of scripture just mentioned which tell how the apostles and first
disciples received the Holy Spirit and what they did when they were fully
immersed, or baptized, in the supernatural Spirit.

 “*And they were **all** (the one hundred and twenty) filled with the Holy
Spirit,*

*and began to **speak with other tongues** as the Spirit gave them
utterance.” Acts 2:4.*

“*While Peter yet spoke these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all them that
heard the word,*

*and they of the circumcision were amazed, as many as came with Peter,*

*because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy
Spirit:*

*For they heard them **speak with tongues** and magnify God.” Acts 10:44-46.
*

“*Paul having passed through the upper country came to Ephesus*

*and found certain disciples; and when Paul had laid his hands upon them,*

*the Holy Spirit came on them; and they **spoke with tongues and prophesied*
*.*

*And they were in all about twelve men.” Acts 19:1, 6, 7.*

“*Now when the apostles that were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had
received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John.*

*They laid their hands on them and they received the Holy Spirit.*

*Now when Simon **saw**, that through the laying on of hands the Holy Spirit
was given*

*he offered them money, saying, Give me also this power,*

*that on whoever I lay my hands, he may receive the Holy Spirit.” Acts 8:14,
17-19.*

“*And Ananias departed and entered into the house, and laying hands on him
said,*

*Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, who appeared to you in the way which
you came,*

*has sent me, that you may receive your sight, and be **filled with the Holy
Spirit**.” Acts 9:17, 18.*

*Having been “filled with the Holy Spirit” Paul said, *

*I thank God, **I speak with tongues more than you all**. 1 Cor. 14:18.*

“*Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to the whole creation ...*

*and these signs shall accompany them that believe ...*

*In my name they shall cast out demons: **they shall speak with new tongues*
*.” Mark 16:17.*

 These Chinese boys and girls were saved by the same Lord and baptized with
the same Holy Spirit in the same way as the first disciples, for like them,
they not only spoke with other tongues but also

 *Prophesied as the Spirit Gave them Utterance*

 No one present at the time has ever doubted that the Lord spoke to us by
direct inspiration in the first days of the outpouring of the Spirit when he
spoke through one of the smallest and humblest of the children. There was
something about the voice, the penetrating power of those words, a
heart-gripping power that cannot be described. We had never heard such a
gripping voice from God in any sermon in all our days. We all knew we were
hearing directly from the Lord. Quite a number of the Adullam people later
spoke in prophecy, in-so-much that we marveled more and more at the miracles
that were taking place as the Lord spoke the wonderful things of God,
revealing His plans and purposes in picking the outcast “nothings” of the
earth, who were recent beggar boys, to make them the mouthpieces of the
living God, speaking through them by direct inspiration, edifying and
building up this little group of simple blood-washed believers so recently
saved out of hopeless physical and spiritual despair.

 Another most striking result of the work of the Holy Spirit was the way in
which, according to the Word, He fulfilled the promise that when He, the
Comforter, came He would take of the things of Christ to show to His
disciples and would show them “things to come.” *“When he, the Spirit of
truth is come, he shall guide you into all the truth ... and he shall
declare unto you **things that are to come** ... He shall glorify me: for he
shall **take of mine, and shall declare it unto you**.” Jn. 16:13, 14*

 It seemed most wonderful how the Spirit revealed to these simple believers,
who had only heard of the Bible for a few months, the things of Christ, His
salvation, and the things of the future by

 *Visions of the Unseen Worlds*

 Many of these visions were given to several at the same time! Nearly all of
the visions were seen by quite a number of persons. In many cases the
children came to ask if the Bible said anything about certain things they
had seen in vision. *“And it shall be in the last days, says God, I will
pour forth of my Spirit upon all flesh:... and your young men shall see
visions.” Acts 2:17.*

 The visions, seen by even some of the smallest children six years of age,
as well as by the older boys, were seen while they were under the Power of
the Holy Spirit, not as a dream but as real life.

 Some of the visions seen were: Christ tied to a post and scourged; Christ
bleeding on the cross while scoffers looked on; the body of Christ taken
from the cross, carried to the tomb, placed in the tomb, and the tomb
closed; an angel opening the tomb and Christ's resurrection; His appearance
to the women, to the disciples by the sea, and those in the upper room; the
ascension of Christ and the descent of the two angels; heaven; detailed
visions inside the New Jerusalem in heaven; angels; the redeemed; hell; the
condition of the lost in hell; demons; the devil; the great tribulation and
the things pertaining to saints and to the subjects of the beast during that
time; the battle of Armageddon; the binding and imprisonment of Satan in the
pit; the binding of the Anti-Christ; the devil cast out of heaven; the Great
Supper of God and birds eating flesh of kings and captains of the earth; the
coming of Christ with his angels; the sun and moon changed; heaven-quake and
earth-quake and destruction that attended the coming of Christ; the
resurrection of the righteous; the marriage supper of the Lamb in Paradise;
detailed views of our mansions in heaven and other heavenly scenes.

 The work of the Holy Spirit through visions as well as in the heart,
created such a great interest in

 *Bible Study*

 that even the smaller children wanted to know if they could not stop
studying “earthly books” and study the Bible only.

 Since the unseen world became so real, it is no wonder that there was a
change in the life of

 *Prayer and Praise*

 While not all the Adullam people spoke in other tongues, all except those
who were so dull of mind to understand much of anything were anointed and
filled with the Holy Spirit in a much greater measure than ever before, so
that Adullam was often lifted up to heavenly places in Christ to joyfully
praise and worship the King. Although there were times when a person almost
wondered if these heavenly citizens would come “down to earth” again, there
was no need to fear. This any one would have seen who could have been in one
prayer meeting where boy after boy in real intercessory prayer pleaded with
God for the lost, praying that God would use us all as real warriors for Him
in this battle of righteousness. The experiences already related have made
prayer more than a formality. All know now that our foes are spiritual hosts
of wickedness in heavenly places.

 * NOTE**:* Saturday July 31, 2010 in Redmond, Washington, some hundreds of
people came together to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the coming of
Father Dennis Bennett as Rector to St. Luke's Episcopal Church in Seattle.

 Like these little beggar boys in China around 1927, Father Bennett in
California entered into the same experience. His real ministry however
awaited his coming to Seattle in1960 to begin. But once here, literally tens
of thousands entered into the Kingdom of God - because at 9:00 o'clock in
the morning on Passover, Jesus was crucified on the Cross and died as the
Son of man 6 hours later for your sins and mine. 50 days later at 9:00
o'clock in the morning, 120 disciples of Jesus had the Holy Spirit come upon
them on the Day of Pentecost, followed by 3000 more following Peter's sermon
of explanation.

 God intends that what He did 2000 years ago, He wants to continue
throughout the church age. The proof of this is these little Chines beggars
at the Adullam Home, who went to heaven in groups by vision, and like Father
Bennett, experienced the Holy Spirit and His gifts. As the latter loved to
say - Just as you find that tongues come with shoes when you buy them, so
“tongues” is part of the package when you receive the Gift of the Holy
Spirit. J.A.W.

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*