Clan & Household Salvation

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 15:32:51 PDT 2010

*March 16, 2010 <http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   *CLAN & HOUSEHOLD SALVATION** - 2010-03-16*

 CLAN SALVATION FIRST INTRODUCED

On the first Wednesday of August 1982, our Senior Pastor of the First
Baptist Church in Arcata, California invited Pastor Jack Hayford to speak at
our prayer service. We normally had 13 or so present. Some 500 to 600
crowded into our auditorium, and 150 more in a basement room with Closed
circuit television. He told us how his mother in June of that year recounted
how her husband and Jack's father - in 1969 - was reading Exodus 28 for his
devotions. The Holy Spirit took over and said to him, “My son, if you take
Judah's name off the red Sardius stone on Aaron's Breastplate of Judgment,
and replace it with your Clan name of 'Hayford'; and if you take Issachar's
name off the Sardius stone next to it, and replace it with your wife's
maiden name of 'Smith'; and if you and your wife will agree to pray twice a
day for your two clans, *I** *will make an effective witness to every member
of these two clans throughout the world, and those of open heart, I will
bring into My Kingdom!”

 His wife agreed, and within 6 months 4 Hayfords and 2 Smiths, of whom they
had no previous acquaintanceship - contacted them as new converts! Then for
the next year, - no contacts. When queried, God said - “I confirm every word
in the mouth of 2-3 witnesses (2 Corinthians 13:1); I have given you six!
How can you walk by faith if I keep confirming this word? Keep praying and
believing; when you get to heaven, you'll see what I have done.”

 Pastor Jack confirmed what his father and mother had done until the
former's death in 1979. His mother continued with this prayer challenge
until June of 1982, when she informed their son of this. He asked, “Why
didn't Dad tell me this years ago?” “You know your Dad,” his mother
answered; “If God showed this to a layman, how much more would every pastor
know of it? Why waste your time, son?” Pastor Jack was astounded. He
researched this out, and found it entirely scriptural. He then said,
“Whenever I have a one service stand, and unless the host pastor or the Holy
Spirit says otherwise, I will *always* speak on Clan Salvation!”

 Thursday morning after he had spoken, my wife Marie and I knelt in prayer
for our devotions. I presented the “Watt” clan to God, and the “Gaudet” Clan
representing Marie's maiden name. But I am a Canadian Scot in my background,
and it seemed a shame to do nothing with the other 10 stones on the
breastplate! So I added my mother's maiden name of Mosher; and Marie's
maternal grandfather's name “Chartrand”; Next the names of the spouses of
our 3 children - and the names of the spouses of the brothers and sisters of
Marie and myself. I had to add 6 more stones to the breastplate of judgment
to contain them all!

 Within 16 months, God in Manitoba opened the door for Marie to discover the
family tree of the Lacerts going back 6 generations - her maternal
grandmother's name. 16 months later he opened the door for her Chartrand
heritage. Soon she discovered that she is related to one half of French
Canadian Manitoba. Then in 1996 she was led to seek her unknown and older
half brother in Quebec. God miraculously led them to him at the age of 75.
He gave all the glory to God, and witnessed for 20 minutes of this miracle
to a Pentecostal church in Quebec. As a Catholic, his life was transformed,
and many of the lives of his 5 children and their families were affected.

 A few weeks after Jack Hayford shared this “find” with us in Arcata, I read
in the San Francisco Chronicle of a Chinese clan by the name of “Hu”, that
met annually, 500 of them, to celebrate the clanship in that city. But the
newspaper article added that there are 60 million “Hu's” in mainland China!
I prayed, “O God - lead me to a 'Hu' to win to you, and get him praying for
his 60 million clan members.” Later in Vancouver BC, I was preaching near
the UBC campus, and at the close of the service, a lovely Chines lady told
me - “I am Monica Hu, and this morning I started praying for my 60 million
clan members in China!

 HOUSEHOLD SALVATION

But the above is only half the story. In 1944 in Victoria BC, God had just
saved me as a Canadian sailor. Somebody gave me a copy of “Herald of His
Coming”, and the lead article was “Household Salvation”. As soon as one
member of a household is saved, he can claim the rest of his household! Noah
in Genesis 7:4 and Hebrews 11:7 built an ark to the saving of his *household
*; God said concerning Abraham in Genesis 18:19 - “I know him that he will
bring up his *household* to serve me; Abraham used this faith to reach out
to his nephew Lot (Genesis 19:12-13), and saved him out of Sodom and their
enemies; Exodus 12 let Israel know that God saves by *households*, if the
blood of the Lamb is on the lintel and doorposts of their homes; Rahab the
harlot saw her whole *household* saved by Joshua at Jericho: her father,
mother, brothers and sisters and all their kids (Joshua 2 & 6); Joshua
believed God for the saving of his entire *household* (Joshua 24:15);
Cornelius believed God for all his relatives plus close friends (Acts 10 &
11)! The Philippian jailer saw his entire *household* saved and baptized
before breakfast (Acts 16:3l); Lydia believed God for her entire
*household*(Acts 16:15); and Crispus the same (Acts 18:18). All these
are
*most* encouraging for us.

 Charles Haddan Spurgeon wouldn't let God alone until all 300 of his *
household* were saved; Jonathan Edwards claimed God's covenant promise to
the 3rd and 4th generation of all his family tree. A check after his death
found over 1600 saved, while another family of unbelievers had some 1400
costing tax payers money through all their crimes and jail sentences. A
pastor friend of mine told how his mother in Alberta wouldn't let God alone
till all 12 of her sons were saved!

 In February 1946 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, at 3:00 am, and 38 degrees
below zero outside, God awoke me and said, “Ask me for *your family*, and I
will give them to you.” I leaped out of bed on a very cold cement floor, and
said, “My father, my mother and my brother!” God's answer: “You've got
them!” If it hadn't been so cold I might have thought of all my aunts and
uncles and other relatives. Within a few years all 3 of the above were
gloriously saved!

 A lady in Chicago (originally from Georgia) - attended our church. She
pestered me to get her husband C.B. Caple saved, - a most ungodly man. She
wouldn't set a right example, but loved him and didn't want him to go to
hell. God in mercy to get her off my back, gave me a tract, “How I Learned
to Pray for the Lost.” As a missionary in China, the author wanted help from
God to win 40 unsaved relatives back in England. God gave her 3 verses: Mark
10:27 - the *strong* Possibility; 1 Timothy 4:10 - Jesus' complete *Purchase
price*; and 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 - How to *possess* the promises.

 We had Pearl come over the following Monday, and went over these 3 verses
for Household salvation. In 5 minutes we got off our knees, because we had
the witness that God had heard. C.B. Caple got glomular nephritis from
over-drinking during his army days, went into a coma, had visions of heaven
and hell, and was *soundly saved* by the time he came out of the coma!

 J. A. MacMillan who wrote the article on “Household Salvation became
missionary supervisor for the Philippines, as a representative of the
Christian and Missionary Alliance. Their publication society in Harrisburg,
Pennsylvania has reprinted this article in pamphlet form. It was still
available the last time I recommended it.

 At the close of presenting the above two messages, we have a closing
Anglican/Episcopal type of prayer, mentioning each of our unsaved loved ones
by their relationship and Christians name. Example, “My mother Sue; my
brother George; my son Peter; my sister Anna; my grandfather John; my great
grandson Luke. - Nothing more. Then write them down with 3 dates. Date
written; date witness given that God has heard; date now in God's Kingdom.
We stand and name each softly but vocally, followed by the clan names
connected with us.

 One church in one year had its members report to the pastor 100 new in the
Kingdom because of the above challenge! Some 20-30 years ago, my wife Marie
and I had recorded 3000 such converts. We stopped recording them after this
point. We are not evangelists, but possibly have seen as many converts as
many evangelists, through faithfully presenting Clan and Household Salvation
over the years.

 May this challenge be as profitable for you! Jim and Marie Watt

 P.S. You can thank an unknown Canadian friend who found my Website by
“surfing the Net” for information on J. A. MacMillan and his article
“Household Salvation” in “Herald of His Coming”. She could not find back
copies of this publication containing this article, and contacted me for
help. The above is my answer as best I can.

 But it took sufficient time and effort - that I felt you on my mailing list
might like to receive it also. J. & M. W.

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: