Galatians 6:11-18

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 13:53:11 PDT 2009

  *II. GALATIANS 6:11-18*

*FINAL APPEAL: HOLD INTERNAL CHRIST ABOVE EXTERNAL RITES*

*A. 6:11-16 FINAL IMPORTANT WORD ON CROSS VERSUS RITES*

*a. 6:11 PAUL EMPHASIZES THIS CONCLUSION WITH HIS OWN HAND*

Ide-te h*e*LIkois [4018] huMIN GRAMma-sin [1121] Egra-psa [1125] t*e*
eM*E*cheiRI
[5495].

*See with how large letters I have written you with my own hand.*

 *b. 6:12 REASON FOR CIRCUMCISION: TO ESCAPE REPROACH OF CROSS*

HOsoi THElou-sin eu-pro-s*o*P*E*sai [2146] en sarKI [4561],

*As many as desire to make a fair show in **the** flesh,*

HOUtoi a-nagKAzou-sin [314] huMAS pe-riTEMnes-thai [4059];

*compel you to be circumcised;*

MOnon HIna t*o* stauR*O* [4716] tou ChrisTOU 'I*e*SOU m*e* di*O*k*o*n-tai
[1377].

*only that they be not persecuted for the cross of :Christ Jesus.*

 *c. 6:13 CIRCUMCISION: A GLORYING IN EXTERNAL RITES ONLY*

ouDE gar hoi pe-ri-temNOme-noi auTOI NOmon phuLASsou-sin [5442];

*For not even who receive circumcision keep the law themselves;*

alLA THElou-sin huMAS pe-riTEMnes-thai,

*but they desire to have you circumcised,*

HIna en t*e* hu-meTEra sarKI kauCH*E*s*o*n-tai [2744].

*that they may glory in your :flesh.*

 *d. 6:14 ONLY REASON FOR GLORYING: THE CROSS WHICH CRUCIFIES*

eMOI de m*e* GEnoi-to kauCHASthai,

*But **far** be it from me to glory,*

ei m*e* en t*o* stauR*O* tou [4716] KuRIou h*e*M*O*N 'I*e*SOU ChrisTOU,

*save in the cross of our :Lord Jesus Christ,*

di' hou eMOI KOSmos [2889] eSTAUr*o*-tai [4717], ka' 'G*O* KOSm*o*.

*through which **the **world has been crucified to me, and I to **the**world.
*

 *e. 6:15 CHRIST IN US SURPASSES ALL EARTHLY RITES*

OUte gar pe-ri-toM*E* [4061] ti EStin, OUte a-kro-busTIa [203],

*For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision,*

alLA kaiN*E* [2537] KTIsis [2937].

*but a new creation.*

 *f. 6:16 PEACE AND MERCY FOR THOSE WHO WALK IN THIS TRUTH*

kai HOsoi t*o* kaNOni [2583] TOUt*o* stoiCH*E*sou-sin [4748],

*And as many as shall walk by this :rule,*

eiR*E*n*e* [1515] ep' auTOUS, kai Ele-os [1656], kai ePI ton 'Is-ra*E*L tou
TheOU.

*peace upon them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of :God.*

 *B. 6:17 PAUL'S SCARS PROVE APOSTOLIC OWNERSHIP OF CHRIST*

Tou loiPOU KOpous [2873] moi m*e*DEIS pa-reCHEt*o* [3930];

*Henceforth let no one trouble me;*

eG*O* gar ta STIGma-ta [2742] tou 'I*e*SOU en t*o* S*O*maTI [4983] mou
basTAz*o* [941].

*for I bear on my :body the marks of :Jesus.*

 *C. 6:18a. APOSTOLIC BENEDICTION OF GRACE*

H*e* CHAris [5485] tou KuRIou h*e*M*O*N 'I*e*SOU ChrisTOU

*The grace of our :Lord Jesus Christ*

meTA tou PNEUma-tos [4151] huM*O*N, a-delPHOI.

*be **with your :spirit, brethren.*

 *b. 18b Amen. *aM*E*N.

 *“THE SECRET OF SPIRITUAL CONSISTENCY”** - Oswald Chambers - MUFHH*

*Galatians 6:14 - “God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our
Lord Jesus Christ ...”*

 When a person is newly born again, he seems inconsistent due to his
unrelated emotions and the state of the external things or circumstances in
his life. The apostle Paul had a strong and steady underlying consistency in
his life. Consequently, he could let his external life change without
internal distress because he was rooted and grounded in God. Most of us are
not consistent spiritually because we are more concerned about being
consistent externally. In the external expression of things, Paul lived in
the basement, while his critics lived on the upper level. And these two
levels do not begin to touch each other. But Paul's consistency was down
deep in the fundamentals. The great basis of his consistency was the agony
of God in the redemption of the world, namely, the Cross of Christ.

 State your beliefs to yourself again. Get back to the foundation of the
Cross of Christ, doing away with any belief not based on it. In secular
history the Cross is an infinitesimally small thing, but from the biblical
perspective it is of more importance than all the empires of the world. If
we get away from dwelling on the tragedy of God on the Cross in our
preaching, our preaching produces nothing. It will not transmit the energy
of God to man; it may be interesting, but it will have no power. However,
when we preach the Cross, the energy of God is released. “... *it pleased
God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who
believe....we preach Christ crucified...” (1 Corinthians 1:21, 23).*

 *“THE FOCAL POINT OF SPIRITUAL POWER”** - OC - MUFHH*

*Galatians 6:14 - “... except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ...”*

 If you want to know the power of God (that is, the resurrection life of
Jesus) in your human flesh, you must dwell on the tragedy of God. Break away
from your personal concern over your own spiritual condition, and with a
completely open spirit consider the tragedy of God. Instantly the power of
God will be in you. *“Look to Me . . .” (Isaiah 45:22).* Pay attention to
the external Source and the internal power will be there. We lose power
because we don't focus on the right thing.. The effect of the Cross is
salvation, sanctification, healing, etc., but we are not to preach any of
these. We are to preach *“Jesus Christ and Him crucified” (1 Corinthians
2:2).* The proclaiming of Jesus will do its own work. Concentrate on God's
focal point in your preaching, and even if your listeners seem to pay it no
attention, they will never be the same again. If I share my own words, they
are of no more importance than your words are to me. But if we share the
truth of God with one another, we will encounter it again and again. We have
to focus on the great point of spiritual power - the Cross. If we stay in
contact with that center of power, its energy is released in our lives. In
holiness movements and spiritual experience meetings, the focus tends to be
put not on the Cross of Christ but on the effects of the Cross.

 The feebleness of the church is being criticized today, and the criticism
is justified. One reason for the feebleness is that there has not been this
focus on the true center of spiritual power. We have not dwelt enough on the
tragedy of Calvary or on the meaning of redemption.”

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: