Baalzphon

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 13:20:52 PDT 2009

   *BAALZPHON: LORD OF THE NORTH** - 2009-08-04*

 I sometimes get questions concerning Bible passages, dreams, prophecy, etc.
Some of these take time to research and answer, and have application for all
our readers. When this happens, I write up the answer as an article, and
send out as a mailing, so all can benefit from the answer. This is one of
these.

 Here is the question that recently came to me. “I have received your
overviews, lessons and comments for several years and have enjoyed them. If
anyone could help me with the following, I believe it is you. Feel free to
help only if you have the time or are open to it.

 “Waking up out of a sound sleep the other morning at 5:15 am. the word *
Baalzphon* was clearly spoken as if someone was in the room speaking in a
voice. Searching, I find that a simple definition means “lord of the north”,
and Lord of the Hidden. Exodus 14:14 Moses caps it with his mandate to
Israel. I need to know what this word could possibly mean to do or what God
is trying to say. Do you have any knowledge of what this word could mean in
one's life or with my organization which ministers to the weak, poor and the
orphans in Asia and Israel? What help you can give would be much appreciated
and with thanksgiving. I know sometimes things can be warnings as well as
good things. With much appreciation, ... “

 I have found in the past that the best way to find an answer to dreams is
if possible to let Scripture do this. Some dreams and visions require a
direct word from God through the Holy Spirit. When this is necessary as it
was in the case of Daniel in chapter 2 in interpreting the dream of
Nebuchadnezzar, then I use what I call my “TTAQ” formula. I put down “T” for
Title first; then “T” for Theme; next “A” for Affection or Feeling; and
lastly “Q” for Question to the Holy Spirit. God answered Daniel this way,
along with fasting and prayer with his 3 friends. God not only gave the
interpretation here, but he recalled to Daniel first the dream that came to
the king. This is most unusual.

 But in the word that came above, “Baalzphon”, it would seem that God here
is inviting “Scriptural Research.” Why should God answer directly when we
first can find insights by praying over the Scriptures? The Enquirer here
started to do this kind of research, and came up with some good insights.
However, she came to a dead end, and started looking for outside help.

 Notice that she found the meaning of the word “Baalzphon” that came to her
softly and audibly spoken as she came out of a deep sleep. Upon research she
found the primary meaning to be “Lord of the North, or Hidden”. This is
correct, and various Bible Dictionaries I researched confirmed this.

 The context of this word is in Exodus 14, twice used in this chapter,
concerning the Exodus of Israel from Egypt following the Passover Supper,
and the 10 Judgment Plagues on Pharaoh and his people. The “Lord of the
North” brought the Cloud by Day and the Fiery Pillar by Night to separate
Israel from the pursuing Egyptians. Next He commanded Moses to hold out his
rod over the Red Sea, whereupon He sent a wind and opened up a way for
Israel to escape, but which then drowned the entire Egyptian army. The
report of this brought consternation to all the nations of the East, and
prepared the way for Israel to eventually possess the 7 nations of Canaan
under Joshua.

 But back to “Lord of the North.” Here is where the Holy Spirit loves to
link Scripture with Scripture to give us sound interpretation.

 I was mentored in 1944 by a Jewish missionary to the Jews, who had
literally worn out 4 Bibles completely, and in the process memorized it in
its entirety in English, and much in Hebrew. She pointed out to me unusual
verses in Isaiah 34:16-17, *“**Seek** out of the book of Jehovah, and read:
**no one of these** shall be missing, **none** shall want her **mate**; for
my mouth, it has commanded, and his Spirit, it has gathered them. **17** And
he has cast the lot for them, and his hand has divided it unto them **by
line**: they shall possess it for ever; from generation to generation shall
they dwell in it.”*

 Just as many animals and birds *mate* for life, and are faithful in that
relationship (often more so than we human beings!), so God has designed the
Scriptures should “mate” with one another, unlocking their secrets. My
mentor Mrs. Allquist over a period of 7 years had the Lord awaken her each
night twice, with a scripture verse on her lips. She would light a candle,
and copied them both out. In the morning she then searched the Scriptures
until she had located both. She then copied them into a special book, and at
the end of the 7 years, had 7 books of 365 *unlocking* pairs of verses for
each day of each of the years. By the time she discovered concordances, it
was too late - she had *memorized* the entire Bible!

 Here is an example. On one morning she was given Matthew 7:7, *“Ask, and it
shall be given you; **seek**, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be
opened to you: **8** for every **one** that asks receives; and who
**seeks**finds; and to him that knocks it is being opened.”
*That same morning the second verse quickened to her was Isaiah 34:16-17,
Here God gave her what to *seek* for!

 She was able to answer my questions on the *true nature* of Urim and
Thummim for New Covenant believers, and give me the true understanding of
the Feasts of the Lord in Leviticus 23.

 So I asked the Lord concerning our friend's request - What can I understand
by “Baalzphon?” Immediately there came to me Psalm 75:4-8, *“I said unto the
arrogant, Deal not arrogantly; And to the wicked, Lift not up the horn: **5*
* Lift not up your horn on high; Speak not with a stiff neck. **6**
For **neither
from the east**, **nor from the west**, **Nor yet from the south**,
**come**lifting up.
**7** But **God** is the judge (from the north): He puts down one, and lifts
up another. **8** For in the hand of Jehovah there is a cup, and the wine
foams; It is full of mixture, and **he** pours out the same!” *

 Man looks for answers from the East, West and South - but *only* from the
North where God dwells do true answers come! *He* is the *“Lord of the
North”*, Baalzphon! And He especially brings judgment from the North to
humble the proud. *This* He did to humble Pharaoh and make His Name great in
the then known world through the 10 plagues, Exodus, and defeat of the 7
nations of Canaan. We must *not* look to ourselves for answers, nor to
others in the 3 above-mentioned directions - but only to God Himself, the
Lord of the North.

 A parallel passage to Psalm 75 can be found in Job 33:13-18, *“Why do you
strive against him, For that he gives not account of any of his matters? **
14** For God speaks once, Yes twice, **though man** regards it not.
**15**In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls upon
men, in
slumberings upon the bed; **16** **then** he opens the ears of men, And
seals their instruction, **17** That **he may withdraw man from his purpose*
*, **And hide pride from man**; **18** He keeps back his soul from the pit,
And his life from perishing by the sword.”*

 It is God, the Lord of the North, who can humble the arrogant in a dream,
or to get his attention. See how Joseph interpreted Pharaoh's 2 dreams and
saved nations and lives and his own people for God's sake. See Daniel and
Nebuchadnezzar, and how God's purposes through that book (and later
Revelation), brought forth the sweep of history right up to Jesus as Messiah
breaking up all human empires and replacing them with the Kingdom of God in
His soon coming Millennial reign!

 I have been interested in our Solar System. The earth does *not* rotate
around the sun in a circle, but in an ellipse. The sun part is our summer,
late spring and early fall; but winter we rotate around a second “focus” of
a great dark place. *This* is as it were the north and “hidden” place of
God. Here He dwells in darkness and in secret. Here it is winter for us as
we make this part of our orbit. Jesus is as the SON of Righteousness, and
God the Father is our loving but hidden Father, until Jesus yet more fully
reveals Him. *He* is the *Lord of the North*. He is the One who humbles man
and infallibly brings His purposes to pass. *He* is Omnipotent, Omniscient
and Omnipresent!

 So my word to my friend as I see it is - that God is warning her not to
look to man, or either herself for answers. God, the “Lord of the North” is
all she needs for herself and her ministry to which God has called her.
Gently but firmly, He is weaning her from *all* human wisdom, and unto
Himself *alone*, for *His* is the Kingdom, and the Power and the Glory for
ever. Amen!

 Dr. A.T. Pierson's biography of “George Muller of Bristol” brings out this
thought of God as Baalzphon, “Lord of the North” superbly! Also Oswald
Chambers in his writings, and “Rees Howells, Intercessor” by Norman P.
Grubb. Most dream books are tinctured by the occult through Carl Jung. A
recent one I can recommend is from Australia - *“Dreams: The Divinity Code:
- The Keys to Decoding your Dreams and Visions - By Adrian Beale and Adam F.
Thompson. For book orders log on to: www.thedivinitycode.org - J.A.W.*

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*