1 Chronicles - Overview

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 14:09:51 PDT 2009

*August 3, 2009
<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   *T5001R - 1 CHRONICLES - OVERVIEW*

“*HISTORY FROM GOD'S VIEWPOINT'*

 *1. 9:22 (1-9) FAMILY TREES: ADAM TO TRIBES OF ISRAEL. “All these that were
chosen to be porters in the thresholds were two hundred and twelve. These
were reckoned by genealogy in their villages, whom David and Samuel the seer
did ordain in their office of trust.” *What a significant verse! You
established correct worship Father, through a godly king and an exemplary
prophet. Help us to perceive this! *Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 10:13-14 (10) OVERTHROW AND DEATH OF SAUL. “So Saul died for his
trespass which he committed against Jehovah, because of the word of Jehovah,
which he kept not; and also because he asked counsel of one that had a
familiar spirit, to inquire by it, 14 and inquired not of Jehovah: therefore
he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.” *What a
solemn warning! Father, we would avoid Saul's rebellion by obeying You! *Your
:kingdom come.*

 *3. 12:38 (11-12) THE ANOINTED OF THE LORD. “All these, being men of war,
that could order the battle array, came with a perfect heart to Hebron, to
make David king over all Israel: and all the rest also of Israel were of one
heart to make David king.” *This response of Israel is of You Father, and
reveals Your great Omnipotence and Sovereignty! *Your :will be done, As in
heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 13:2a-3 (13-16) THE ARK OF THE LORD. “And David said unto all the
assembly of Israel, 3 Let us bring again the ark of our God to us: for we
did not seek it in the days of Saul.” *The ark was the center of Israel's
worship in David's day, the symbol of Your throne Father, and Your Kingdom.
O may we like David return to You and Your Kingdom! *Our :daily :bread Give
us this day.*

 *5. 17:10b (17-21) THE COVENANT OF THE LORD. “I will subdue all your
enemies. Moreover I tell you that Jehovah will build you a house.” *Here is
a switch! David wanted to bless You Father, with a house for the ark, but
You blessed him with a Kingdom house unto Messiah and eternity! May we
wisely submit and make appropriate response to You too, as did David! *And
forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 28:19 (22:1-29:25) THE TEMPLE OF THE LORD. “All this, said David, have
I been made to understand in writing from the hand of Jehovah, even all the
works of this pattern.” *Father, by Your Spirit You circumcise our heart,
and give us a united heart. And by Your Spirit You write revelation upon our
heart, even Your high will and purpose. *And bring us not into temptation,*

 *7. 29:28 (29:26-30) DEATH OF KING DAVID. “And David died in a good old
age, full of days, riches, and honor; and Solomon his son reigned in his
stead.” *David stands out in the annals of history, and it was of You
Father, that it was so! You used him as a type of Your Coming Son! David's
greater Son outshines him as the sun outshines the moon. *But deliver us
from the evil one.*

 *NOTE*: *A whole book* was written on Jabez. In 9 chapters of genealogical
names, these two verses suddenly appear, that have a depth of meaning and
insight so great, that it is worth going through the first 9 chapters to
find them. Here they are: 4:9-10 - *“And Jabez was more honorable than his
brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bore him
with sorrow. 10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that you
would bless me indeed, and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be
with me, and that you would keep me from evil, that it be not to my sorrow!
And God granted him that which he requested.” *Jabez makes 4 requests of the
LORD here. For those looking for small portions of Scripture to meditate
upon - here you have one!

 The circumstances surrounding the death of King Saul are so important, that
none of us should pass them by, without paying special heed to them.

 And then, the history around the rise of King David to the united Kingdom
of Israel! Only God could have orchestrated this. And should we not believe
for the Holy Spirit to teach us proper application of these truths for each
one of us?

 And what of the lessons that surround David's return of the ark back to
Jerusalem? Is it possible that any of us would pass by what God would unveil
to searching hearts?

 But God's establishment of the house of David to this former shepherd boy,
the sweet Psalmist of Israel! God would not allow David to build Him a
house, for David was a man of blood and war. But yet the House of David God
built for him - and out of it came Jesus after the flesh!

 Though God did not allow David to build a house for Him - yet He did allow
him to have part in the 7-fold preparation for the Temple, to make it easier
for Solomon to build. And in 22:1 is perhaps the outstanding step God
allowed David to make in this preparation: the *blueprint* of the Temple to
the minutest detail was written by the Spirit upon his heart! Search out the
other 6 preparation steps. They are equally arresting!

 David and Samuel teamed up for much of the Temple preparation, and the
Priests and Levites did much of the follow-up on this.

 So - 1 Chronicles is well-worth our time in seeking insights and blessings
from God, hidden away in its chapters. - J.A.W.

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: