Revival Principles

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 22:33:08 PDT 2009

*June 29, 2009
<http://www.2rbetter.org/>*

   *REVIVAL PRINCIPLES - 2009-06-29*

 *1933. “If a thing is worth doing at all - it is worth doing well.” My
Mother *often embedded these words into my life. They stuck. They stuck for
me as a lumber clerk at the Alberni Pacific Lumber Company in 1941. They
stuck as I have been working on God's Commission for the Numeric Interlinear
Greek NT by Ivan Panin.

 *1925. “Intra Muros” (Within Heaven's Gates) by Agnes R. Springer. My
step-grandfather, G. R. Gordon *gave this to our family in Great Depression
Days on a farm in Murrayville, B.C. It, along with 48 copies of the Lily
Series from him, strongly awakened in me a desire to know God intimately.
Modernism and Humanism strongly infiltrated our Canadian church
denomination, and I received little from this area.

 *1938. Mrs. Mary Bertha Allquist, Port Alberni, B.C. *I became her paper
boy for the Vancouver Daily Province for 3 years. She was a Jewish
Missionary to her Jewish people. Six years later in 1944, God revealed
Himself to me according to his promise to me as a sailor now in Victoria
B.C. - at *Passover*. Mrs. Allquist was my first true Mentor. In summer of
that year she opened Leviticus 23 to me, and the 7 Jewish Feasts and their
significance for us today. I taught these in 1948 at North Battleford,
Saskatchewan, to some 70 students of the Sharon Bible College. George
Warnock audited the class, and though he knew Leviticus 23, yet the Spirit
of God in Mrs. Allquist through me gripped him, until he wrote “The Feast of
Tabernacles.”

 *1944. George Muller. * His book “Answers to Prayer” came into my hands,
and made a profound impression upon me. I memorized his Preface on “How to
Ascertain the Will of God”, and Appendix A, “How to Prevail in Prayer.”
Later I read his biography by Dr. A.T. Pierson, “George Muller of Bristol”.
His emphasis on Bible Meditation gained from George Whitefield, along with
his insights on conducting church service, took root in me.

 *1944. H. A. Baker, “Visions Beyond the Veil” *was given to me the first
year of my conversion. It too made a profound impression upon me. God had
given me a Vision based on Psalm 107:23-24 (23-32) *“They that go down to
the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; 24 These see the works
of Jehovah, and his wonders in the deep.” *while I was yet unconverted. He
said, “Join the Navy, and I'll reveal Myself to you.” I did, and *He did*!
In 1985 He gave me a Destiny Dream based on “Cervantes”, that has helped me
fulfill His will for me. In 2009 in Aldergrove B.C. He placed in my
hands “*Dreams,
the Divinity Code” - The Keys to Decoding your Dreams and Visions” by Adrian
Beale and Adam Thompson of Australia, www.thedivinitycode.org>. This removes
the occult influence of Carl Jung from dream text books that I contacted in
1985.*

 *1944. Smith Wigglesworth, “Ever Increasing Faith” came into my hands at
this time. It had a profound effect upon me. Wigglesworth accurately
memorized the entire NT, and daily prayed over it in tongues and meditation,
at least up to 4 hours a day. He claimed this was the secret why God used
him in winning some two million souls to Christ, and countless thousands
healed, delivered, and filled with the Spirit. *One Modernistic Theologian
in Saskatoon looked over my library, and proclaimed it to be perhaps the
strangest one he had ever seen! But - it was *God's* choice for me for the
work He had called me to do. And Wigglesworth was one ingredient He didn't
want to be missing!

 *1944. J. Edwin Orr, “Times of Refreshing” *came into my hands. Dr. Orr
tells of his trip as a young man across Canada in the 30's in this book. In
Victoria he records his belief that God would one day use Canada in an
unusual way for its first *National Revival*. *Dr. David Yonggi Cho* in 1975
in B.C., 1979 in Toronto and 1984 in Halifax, powerfully confirmed these
words. *Charles G. Finney* refers to the 3-fold diary of a New Brunswick,
Canada man, who mightily changed that part of his province through such
prayers.

 *1944. “40 Years of Signs and Wonders in the Life of Mrs. Maria
Woodworth-Etter.” *This book was loaned to me as a new naval convert. God
quickened to me her account of “The Heavenly Choir” in her meetings and God
promised me that in the not too distant future, I would see this
manifestation of the Spirit restored.

 *1944. *A Russian Jew that summer introduced me to the works of *Ivan Panin
*. He promised to teach me Greek, but didn't show up for lessons. In
Saskatoon Saskatchewan I was given Greek free, but from the 2 pamphlets by
Panin given to me by Dr. Jewel, I ordered all available writings by and on
Panin listed in these pamphlets. They came in the Fall of 1945. When I read
the Introduction to Panin's Numeric Greek NT, and discovered that even the
NT sentence structure, sub-paragraphs, paragraphs and sections are
established by Bible Numerics, I was hooked. I love outlining books and
articles. I outlined the book of Ephesians to test this revelation. The
results were so outstanding that I outlined the entire NT. Then I learned
that the Jehovah's Witnesses offered to take Panin's Numeric Greek and
English translation and put them into an Interlinear Greek format. He could
not allow them to do so, because they are a “cult”. So he died in Aldershot,
:Ontario in 1942, failing to see this project come to fruition. In 1967 God
commissioned me to do for Panin what he failed to see come to pass in his 50
years of 100,000 hours of labor, dying at 87. I have some 70 chapters
completed, some of them already posted on our Website. Hopefully I can
finish 175 of the 260 NT chapters by 2010, leaving but the Gospels to
complete. It is an arduous labor, but at the same time, most blessed. I
believe it will help laymen to more accurately teach and preach the Word of
God. *This* is a critical basis for revival.

 *1945. George R. Hawtin, Bethel Bible Institute, Saskatoon,
Saskatchewan.*World War II ended the summer of this year with the fall
of Hitler and Nazi
Germany, and then the fall of Japan, quickened by the atomic bombs. A sailor
could get out of the Canadian Navy if he had a school or a job to go to. I
had neither. I desperately fasted and prayed all one night in August for an
answer. At 5:00 am God showed me a vision, and told me that I would stay in
the Navy an extra year unless I made right something wrong in my past. When
I offered suitable conditions, I received the word: *“Write George R.
Hawtin, Bethel Bible Institute, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and apply as a
student.”* No address. I did so, and shortly received application papers,
filled them out and returned them. Soon I received a successful reply. All
went through, and by October I was enrolled as a student in Saskatoon. I
spent one year here, then enrolled and graduated from the University of
Saskatchewan as a pre-seminary student. I graduated with honors in 1948,
along with a year and a half of seminary.

 In the meantime George Hawtin and BBI in 1947 moved up to North Battleford,
Saskatchewan, and changed its name to Sharon Orphanages and Schools. In 1948
I began to hear rumors of a Visitation by God on this new Campus. In April,
Ern Hawtin, younger brother to George, came to the Princess Elizabeth High
School auditorium in Saskatoon, and gave a report on how God was restoring
the Presbytery concept with powerful gifts of prophecy; and the 5-fold
ministries of Ephesians 4:11-12, especially apostles and prophets. Ern
ministered to me at the close of this service, and I entered into a new
dimension of prophecy and anointing that hasn't left me to this day.

 When George heard Ern's report on God's Visitation to me, he asked if I
would serve as one of the 7 elders at the Summer Camp Meeting in North
Battleford. I served along with the two Hawtin brothers, P.G. Hunt, Pastor
H. Holt, Pastor Reg Layzell of Vancouver. and A.W. Rasmussen. In October of
'48 at Edmonton, God restored the functioning of the Heavenly Choir
according to His promise 4 years previously.

 In 1992 I received a vision after returning from Israel. George Hawtin
appeared to me and said, “*I am too old to lead in another Visitation. You
and Marie have been with us from the beginning. I pass the “Torch” to you.
Take the 12 Embryonic Revival Principles that came together in '48, and bring
them to maturity. They will be parameters of safety for the last great
Visitation preceding the return of My Son.”* On our Website *<
www.2rbetter.org> *you can find under “Embryonics”, these 12 revival
principles; and placed under “Interlinear”, the beginning of postings of the
Numeric Interlinear Greek NT by Ivan Panin.

 *1947. John Wesley. *The Seminary I was attending in Saskatoon, St. Andrews
College, was very modernistic and humanistic. I left it after 1 ½ years. The
librarian was getting rid of volumes too sound and Evangelical for them. He
put them outside the library door and told us seminary students - “Help
yourselves.” I gained *“Wesley's doctrinal standards” by Burwash, *52 of his
chief sermons that he had all candidates for the ministry memorize. One of
these would be selected by the ordination committee, before which the
candidate would be asked to reproduce it.

 George Whitefield, who moved to a strong Calvinistic position over against
Wesley's Arminianism, was asked, Do you think Wesley will make heaven?”
(because of his Arminianism) “*My dear sir,” responded Whitefield, “John
Wesley in heaven will be so close to the throne of God, that we shall
scarcely be able to see him!”*

 What a gracious Christian spirit! Remember Paul's word of rebuke to the
Corinthians because of their divisions - “*All** things are yours: Peter,
Apollos, Paul, Christ, Wesley, Calvin, Knox, Finney, etc.” *O may we hear
this wise word, and stop making denominational differences after human
leaders - points of division!

 Later Wesley put forth a “Covenant Prayer” -

*I am no longer my own, but Yours.*

*Put me to what You will, rank me with whom You will.*

*Put me to doing, put me to suffering.*

*Let me be employed for You or laid aside for You,*

*exalted for You or brought low for You.*

*Let me be full, let me be empty.*

*Let me have all things, let me have nothing.*

*I freely and heartily yield all things to Your pleasure and disposal.*

*And now, O glorious and blessed God:*

*Father, Son and Holy Spirit,*

*You are mine, and I am Yours.*

*So be it.*

*And the covenant which I have made on earth,*

*let it be ratified in heaven. Amen.*

 Examine lines 1, 2 and 8 especially! This is much in line with the spirit
of Rees Howells. John Wesley's home Cell Groups have much that can be
adapted for our day. The 70,000 members of his cell groups saved England
from the French Revolution!

 *1948. June 30 - Marie C. Gaudet. *Marie and I met in grade 9 at Alberni
District High School, Port Alberni, B.C., 1937, and became good friends. She
started writing me from Vancouver to Saskatoon concerning questions that
arose in her Bible reading, and in a sense I became her Bible School. Then
in June of '48 I offered myself to God in “the gift of singleness,” as I was
studying Arabic, and tentatively planning to go to an Islamic country in
North Africa as a missionary. God interjected: “*But if I could link you
with one where together you would count more in My Kingdom that either of
you would alone - would you consider that?” “Yes” I replied,” but there's
only one girl like that, Marie Gaudet, and she's a Roman Catholic and her
life style is far more flamboyant than mine.” *However in 3 days I received
a letter from her, telling how she was reading the Bible 8 hours and 12
hours a day without stopping. I was shocked. I answered her Bible questions,
and on the basis of God's revelation to me, suggested that I believed it was
God's will that we should marry. I brought her to the North Battleford Camp
Meeting in July, and when the Hawtin Team went to Vancouver November and
December, Marie attended every meeting for 6 weeks, accepted the Lord,
received the Holy Spirit, and accepted the Lord's word to her that she
should marry me. We were married December 27, 1948, the year Israel became a
nation again after 2400 years. In 1989 Marie received a strong call to pray
for Israel, *and* *we together believe* it is *one of the key conditions* *to
seeing true revival.*

 God gave us together Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (4:7-12) “*Two are better than one,
because they have a good reward for their labor. 10 For if they fall, the
one will lift up his fellow; but woe to him that is alone when he falls, and
has not another to lift him up. 11 Again, if two lie together, then they
have warmth; but how can one be warm alone? 12 And if a man prevail against
him that is alone, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not
quickly broken.” *Deuteronomy 32:30* (1-43) “How should one chase a thousand,
And two put ten thousand to flight, Except their Rock had sold them, And
Jehovah had delivered them up?” *Matthew 18:19 *(18-20) “Again, Amen, I say
unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything they
shall ask, it shall be done for them of my :Father who is in the heavens.” *We
started our married life together on a strong prayer basis on the above 3
verses. *Covenant* and *Prayer Multiplication* are intimately linked with
this, and couples who understand and move in it, are going to see God move
through their lives!

 *1948. Pastor W. J. Ern Baxter* gave us as a wedding present “*Identification”
by E. W. Kenyon*. Later I purchased all of Kenyon's writings (24 books). His
book on *“The Blood Covenant” *had a powerful impact upon me. In 1973 Pastor
Baxter invited me to join him as Associate Pastor at Surrey Christian
Centre, B.C. There with the help of a team, I supplied him with all the
major NT Greek Word Studies based on the works of Ivan Panin, Englishman's
Greek Concordance and John Stegenga's “Greek Lexicon”. Some of these studies
I am reworking, and posting on our Website.

 Baxter took the word “covenant”, and showed the necessity of each believer
being discipled, to have a “di-aTH*E*k*e*” covenant relationship in Him.
Here the *Greater* sets the terms; we have the choice of accepting or
rejecting them, but not to change the terms; The Ecclesiastes, Deuteronomy
and Matthew verses above show the power of *Prayer Multiplication* when two
unite on a SUNth*e*-k*e* covenant basis between two equals. Then, one couple
= 10,000; 4 couples = one million. There is much more to this, but this is a
good start.

 *1955. “Rees Howells, Intercessor” by Norman P. Grubb* is one of the
classic books on Intercession: number *one* for many! A Scottish preacher,
Robert Burrows, gave Marie and me our copy in the mid '50's. What a
life-shattering book! Full commitment to the Holy Spirit is its central
theme! Every believer needs to read this biography and let the Spirit of
Rees Howells, the Holy Spirit, possess him for Jesus' sake!

 *1963. Oswald Chambers. I was introduced to the writings of Oswald Chambers
by the Pastor's wife of Broadway Tabernacle in Seattle.* They didn't catch
on for awhile, but *“My Utmost for His Highest”* became a daily devotional
for me for over 10 years. Lately I have picked this up again. Many of his
other 50 or so books and booklets published by his wife Biddy, are
exceptional.

 *1963. Derek Prince. *I had heard of Derek Prince through a friend of mine
in Vancouver, BC. He felt we had some things in common, and that I would
appreciate his ministry. On the strength of that recommendation, I got up
very early on a January morning, and drove up from Portland to Seattle to
hear Derek's testimony at a FGBMF breakfast meeting at the Hotel Meany. It
was well worth while! Derek later took a call to pastor Broadway Tabernacle,
Seattle, but had to return to England after 8 months because of the illness
of his parents. He asked if I would take his place if the invitation were
offered. I agreed. Later on he wrote the book “*Marriage Covenant”*, which
both my wife Marie and I highly recommend. It adds to Ern Baxter's insights
on “*Covenant*”. To vertical covenant with God, and horizontal covenant with
one's spouse, Derek strongly recommends a second horizontal covenant with
the *body of Christ* - especially with the local fellowship that God adds
one to. We put this book at the top of the list of the many he has written.
Next to it we place “Shaping History through Prayer and Fasting.”

 *1967. Samuel's 4 Cities: Rama*, Bethel, Mizpeh and Gilgal. As long as
Samuel lived and judged Israel from these 4 cities, by and large things went
well. When he died and King Saul took over, it was a different story.

 In 1962 God said to me, “You have been faithful to My commission to you in
1944. Now resign the pastorate of First Baptist Church of Round Lake,
Illinois, and move to the Pacific Northwest. I am about to start restoring
my church with apostles and prophets, and you may have part in this. He
showed me that Seattle would be like Rama where Samuel lived. The other 3
cities would be Vancouver, BC, Portland OR and Spokane WA. When these 4
cities come to maturity with an Eldership in the Gate of each of these
cities, then He would send fire on Cascadia, the Pacific Northwest, which
would like wildfire race across Canada and the United States, leaping the
Atlantic, bringing blessing to Europe, Asia, Africa, South America and the
Islands of the Sea, and then My Son will return.

 At the same time God's bow would be the 3 Western cities. His string would
pull back to Spokane to release arrows to the Pacific Rim cities.

 *1967. *My wife Marie asked me, “What was God's mind and thinking when He
led us both to marry?” I asked Him that night for His answer, and He gave me
2 visions. In the first we were in an Observatory. Marie was at my right,
and a member of our congregation at my left. The Observatory Director in
front of us explained “Because you have been instrumental in preparing 2 of
the 7 components of this instrument, you have the privilege to be in
attendance for its assemblage, and also to see what it will do.” He then
pulled a lever, and a large, round globe of about 400 pounds, containing
many dials, moved out and became stationary above the floor. In my mind I
wondered, How could that be? Immediately an angel behind us said,
“Antigravity.” The next day I phoned the church member who had been at my
left, and told him. “Last night I had a vision, and you were in it.” “Tell
me,” he said. When I came to “Antigravity” he asked - “Don't you know what
that means?” and when I told him, “No,” he explained how our military in
Washington DC had developed an antigravity device that could successfully
suspend up to 4 tons like that! The Director then said - “This first
component represents the Bible Numeric works of Ivan Panin: the Interlinear
Greek NT; Greek word studies based on numerics; Bible book outlines based on
Numerics; and a Bible Chronology again finding confirmation in Bible
numerics.

 Next the Director pulled a second lever, and when a “stand” came out to
support the first component - He explained that this stand represented the
“City Church” with an Eldership of the 5-fold ministries sitting in the Gate
of that City. He then pulled 5 more levers without explaining the purpose of
their components, as it was only with the first 2 that we had a commission.

 Then when the assembly of the components was complete, He said,”Came and
see!” I lay down to look through the eye-piece, and as I looked at the
heavens through what I took to be a telescope, I saw the majesty of God's
awesome handiwork in a manner I had never expected to see! I noticed also a
black cloud in one area. Immediately there was a blinding flash, and the
black spot disappeared, I was stunned, and wondered what on earth kind of
telescope I was looking through. Some years later, apart from an instrument,
I saw some 60 leaders used as a similar organic instrument, and again a
black cloud disappeared through a blinding flash. In answer to my insistent
pleadings, God directed me to the April 1984 issue of National Geographic,
in which for 1/3 of its space, majored on an “Automated Laser Telescope. It
pictured practically what I had seen in vision in 1967.

 The vision then switched to Canada and a large parade square. Behind Marie
and myself were 7 elders, and behind them 490 men. 3 generals stood some
distance in front of us, and to our left, as far as eye could see, were
battalion after battalion of soldiers. One of the generals approached us,
and I perceived that He was the same as the Observatory Director. He
explained that we had satisfactorily completed our last assignment, and that
now we were to share with His battalions the principles we had successfully
proven. We recognized that the 70 elders, each with 7 men, represented teams
of 8 of 5-fold ministries, for the Gates of 70 Canadian cities, and 70 US
cities, with hands across the border.

 *1979. Charles H. Spurgeon, “Faith's Checkbook.” *In 1979 Marie and I were
in Northern Ontario for a Conference. One morning for my devotions I was
reading from the above. For that day Spurgeon had selected Zechariah 12:8
(12:1-9) *“In that day shall Jehovah defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem;
and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David*; *and the
house of David shall be as God, as the angel of Jehovah before them.” *As I
pondered and meditated upon this text, I was able to connect this with
Deuteronomy 32:20. Here the Spirit through Moses showed how when Israel
would sin, one of her enemies could drive 1000 to flight; two, 10,000! But
here in Zechariah God was promising Israelis that in the last days, a feeble
one would be like David, and drive 10,000 to flight; while those who are of
the house of David, *not* wimpy, are like *God, the angel of Jehovah*, one
million-fold; two, ten million; 8 individuals or 4 couples - *one billion*.

 When Jesus by the Spirit directs such a group, fully united and submissive
in a *corporate* manner under His direction; - then - *Spiritual Star Wars
takes place*! Principalities and ;powers are knocked out as a cloud over
cities, areas, states, and nations. Then like David, we can go in and mop up
the defeated Philistines.And if one questions the church using this verse,
we need but remember that in the “One New Man” - Jews and Gentiles share
equally in these promises under the New Covenant!

 *2005, “The Heavenly Man” - the remarkable true story of Chinese Christian
Brother Yun - with Paul Hattaway. *The chapter “*Back to Jerusalem” on page
278 - gives the story of 100,000 Chinese wanting to reach and witness to
Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists - all the way to Jerusalem, where it all
started!*

This too, is a book that should be read by all believers! I don't have a
recollection who gave it to me, or when. Yet I treasure it highly as one of
the outstanding books that has come out of China.

 *NOTE: * *I have been asked in August to share in Portland some of the
above with city leaders from Vancouver, BC; Seattle/Tacoma; Spokane and
Portland/Vancouver WA. Would these leaders who have been invited, look over
the above Revival Principles. Those that you feel are particularly
appropriate for our time - let me know - and I will be glad to major on your
selections. I will make short presentations, and then open each area up for
a more open time. - Jim Watt*

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*