Amir Haddad

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 14:47:14 PDT 2009

*Jim & Marie Watt
*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org**
*

* 2009-04-14*

 *Re Amir Haddad of Haifa, Israel -*

 *Dear Friends -*

 *Marie and I have been to Israel 4 times starting in 1980, and through our
last congregation, Beth Chesed, have sent support to some 10 or more
ministries - both Jewish, Arab and Lebanese.*

 *In 2005 we made our 4th trip to Mount Carmel with David and Karen Davis,
led by Phil Israelson. It was perhaps our outstanding trip.*

 *Previous to making this trip, Marie saw in the magazine put out by Maoz in
Tel Aviv, a picture and write-up on Joseph Haddad of Haifa, who leads a
Lebanese congregation in Nahariya. Marie had been praying for a contact with
someone ministering to the Lebanese refugees in Israel. So she made a
transparency of Pastor Joseph, and weekly during our Israel prayer time at
our congregation in Tacoma, Beth Chesed, we would pray for him and his
ministry.*

 *His son Amir became very involved in his father's ministry, and also with
that of a Arab Pastor, Yousef Dakwar. Pastor Dakwar has an outstanding Haifa
Internet radio ministry, “Altareeq”, (The Way,) and their “New Covenant”
church in Haifa. Amir helped in the former as a technician. Out of this God
laid on his heart the call to go to Bible College, and become a full time
worker to foster unity between Jewish and Arab believers.*

 *He has been accepted by a Bible College in Finland. However, because of
the world economic recession, they cannot give Amir a scholarship.*

 *Marie and I have not done this before in the last 10 years, but because we
know Amir's father and help support his work, we would like to help his son
Amir also.*

 *We are enclosing information on Amir sent by him and his father, and the
wonderful offer of Maoz in Tel Aviv to receipt gifts on Amir's behalf both
in the US and Canada.*

 *We are praying that hearts in our two countries will be touched, and that
they will respond to make it possible for Amir to attend and graduate from
this Finnish Bible College, and serve out his vision and calling in Israel.*

 *Your friends - Jim & Marie Watt*

  *AMIR HADDAD'S RESUME - 2009-04-11*

 *I was born in Haifa, Israel in June 1984, and was raised up in a believing
family. My father has been a pastor for 14 years, and my mom is a worship
leader with him. They both shepherd a Lebanese congregation in Nahariya,
Israel.*

 *I committed my life to Jesus since childhood, when I attended children's
Sunday school. I graduated from high school in 2002, and enrolled in a
2-year computer's long term course. I graduated in 2004 with a certificate
as a computer's technician.*

 *During that time, I helped my parents through serving with the youth group
at the Lebanese congregation in Nahariya. I also volunteered in working for
a Christian internet Arabic radio station called Radio Altareeq (The way).
It broadcasts to the whole Arabic world. *

 *Since last year, I felt that our good God is calling me to a full time
ministry. I yearn to be a messenger of reconciliation between Jews and Arabs
in the land of Israel and the whole Middle East. I believe that in order to
be used mightily by God, I need to be equipped and prepared for the ministry
by studying in a Spirit-filled Bible school, that teaches the complete truth
of God's precious and eternal word.*

 *I applied to a Pentecostal Bible College in Finland named “Iso Kirja”,
which loves Israel and prays for the peace of Jerusalem. They did accept me,
but were not able to afford a scholarship.*

 *Therefore, I appeal to you to prayerfully consider helping me be able to
pay the tuition fee, which is 4600 Euro for the whole year, including food
and lodging - and hence help me fulfill God's call on my life.*

 *I thank you in advance in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.*

 *Every blessing, *

*Amir Haddad,*

*P. O. Box 9511, Haifa 31094, Israel*

  *Jim & Marie Watt - 2009-04-18*

 *Dear Friends -*

 *- Re Amir Haddad -*

 *People come to Stock and Bond experts, *

*and ask -*

“*How can I invest to get the best results from my money?”*

 *And we as Christians ask God -*

*(and also spiritual investors) -*

“*What individuals and missions can you recommend for us -*

*to get the best eternal investments?”*

 *When you look at the qualifications and potential*

*of this young Israeli man, Amir Haddad -*

*we believe we have the potential here*

*to receive eternal dividends from investing in him!*

 We have an opportunity here to raise up financial support for a future
Israeli pastor fluent in Hebrew, Arabic and English. His experience has been
in 3 Israeli Congregations, bringing together Jews and Arabs worshiping
Yeshua (Jesus). His life training and call for God is to bring Jews and
Arabs together (the One New Man of Ephesians 2:15); reconciliation in Yeshua
(Jesus).

 God has already provided Amir with Computer and Internet training. He has
been volunteering in a World-Wide Ministry out of Haifa, Israel, called
“Radio Altareeq” (The Way), with Arab Pastor Yousef Dakwar. His church is
“The New Covenant Church” in Haifa, of Arab Christians. Their Radio and
Internet ministry receives over 700,000 hits/responses monthly from the Arab
world; even from Moslems in the United States.

 Amir had been accepted by a Bible College in the US, but our government
denied him a Visa because he is an Israeli Christian. INS (Immigration
Service) was fearful he would not return to Israel upon completion of Bible
College; hence, the denial. Unfortunately there was a scholarship waiting
for him in the US. Isn't it strange that thousands of Moslem students from
all over the Middle East can get U.S. student Visas - i.e. the 9/11
Terrorists who bombed the Pentagon, blew up the World Trade Center, were all
Moslem students on Visas - yet Amir can't qualify!

 But when one door closes, God opens another. Amir has been accepted by a
Pentecostal Bible College, “Iso Kirja” in Finland. However, because of the
current world-wide recession, there is no scholarship available there for
Amir.

 So now we have an opportunity to meet his financial needs to attend this
Finnish Bible College. Fortunately, classes are in English.

 Just as Jesus called his 12 disciples, we are trusting God to call forth 12
individuals (or couples) committed to support Amir with $50.00/month (or
more) for the next 4 years of Bible College and a world-wide ministry.

 Though finances are needed, he also needs a prayer base who will faithfully
pray for him. Perhaps some may even be willing to write to him.

 With God all things are possible! The Euro today is $1.33 US. So we need
approximately $6200.00 for Amir for this 2-Semester year, beginning in
August 2009.

 Any size gift will be greatly appreciated. Perhaps some could give larger
gifts. However, smaller gifts will be greatly appreciated also.

 For Income Tax receipts, funds can be sent to:

*(Very Important**: Also enclose a stick-note designating for: “Amir's
TUITION.”)*

 From US - *“**Maoz Israel Ministries*,*” Box 535788, Grand Prairie, Texas
75053-5788, USA*

 From Canada - *“**Maoz Israel Ministries*,*” P.O. Box 81716, Toronto, Ont.
M2R 3X1, Canada*

 Send Pledges to: *“**Two are Better than One” Ministries**, Jim & Marie
Watt*

 *534 SW 326**th** ST., Federal Way WA 98023-5640, USA*

 Henry Beneda from “Beth Chesed” helped us write this letter. His heart is
very much for Israel, and especially one young Lebanese Israeli, Amir
Haddad!

 *PS. To read Pastor Joseph Haddad's full testimony,*

*See - “A Future for Israel” by Julia Fisher,*

*Published 2006 by “Authentic Media”*

*129 Mobilization Drive*

*Waynesboro GA, 30830-4575*

*ISBN 1 - 86024 - 531 - 5 (British Library)*

 This book has testimonies of 7 Palestinian, Egyptian and Christian Pastors.
Awesome testimonies of God's dealing with these Arab pastors.

 Jim & Marie Watt

 *PLEDGE*

 *I hereby pledge, by the Grace of God,*

 *to send $50.00 monthly support for Amir Haddad's tuition*

 *at “Iso Kirja Bible College”in Finland.*

 *Funds to be deposited through “Maoz Israel Ministries”*

 *in Toronto, Canada,*

 *or “Maoz Israel Ministries”*

 *Grand Prairie, Texas.*

 *Maoz will issue tax receipts for both countries.*

*TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: