1 Corinthians - Jesus our Passover

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:44:34 PDT 2009

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

   *1 CORINTHIANS - OVERVIEW - T3001R*

*THE LORDSHIP OF JESUS - OUR PASSOVER*

 *1. 2:12 (1:1-3:2a) NATURE OF REVELATION. “But WE received, not the spirit
of the world, but the spirit which is from :God; that we might know the
things :freely given to us of :God.” *Revelation and the Holy Spirit go hand
in hand. You have decreed it so, Father. Also You have decreed that Holy
Spirit and Blood Atonement work hand in hand. These are unalterable Kingdom
principles. * Hallowed be your :name.*

 *2. 4:1-2 (3:2b-4:21) NATURE OF MINISTRIES. “Let a man so account of us, as
of ministers of Christ, and stewards of God's mysteries. 2 Here, moreover,
it is required in the stewards, that one be found faithful.” *Father, Your
will be done in us this way as it is in heaven. *Faithfulness* on the part
of us all is Your will. We embrace this attribute of You, O God, and this
fruit of the Spirit. *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 6:18 (5-7) MORAL JUDGMENTS. “Flee :fornication (all sex sin, including
homosexuality).*

*Every sin that a man does is without the body; but who commits fornication
sins against his :own body.” *You have scored *sexual sin* as being
especially hurtful to us, Father. Venereal retribution is but the outward
evidence of Your displeasure at the breaking of Your bounds. *Your :will be
done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 10:20 (8-11) ETHICAL JUDGMENTS. “But I say, that the things which the
nations sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons, and not to God: and I would not
that you should have communion with demons.” *Thank You for this revelation,
Father. The occult, satanism, new age entrapments: all lead into deception,
delusion, entrapment and demonic enslavement. Forgive us as weak or
rebellious believers for dabbling in horoscopes, secret vows and unholy
sacrifices. *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 14:37 (12-14) CHARISMATIC RULES. “If any thinks himself to be a
prophet, or spiritual, let him take knowledge of what things I write you,
that is is the Lord's commandment.” *Father, we are *not* to think we are
above You, *Your Word*, or Your servants. Gifts of the Spirit are but means
to an end, are given by You, and give us no merit. They are to be governed *by
You*. We accept this status.

*And forgive us our :debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 15:3-5 (15:1-58) RESURRECTION UNDERSTANDING. “For I delivered to you
among first things what also I received: that Christ died for our :sins
according to the scriptures; 4 and that he was buried; and that he has been
raised on the third :day according to the scriptures; 5 and that he was seen
of Cephas (Peter); then of the twelve.” * Father, *this* is the death-knell
to Satan. It was settled at Calvary and the empty tomb! *And bring us not
into temptation.*

 *7. 16:13-14 (16:1-24) ON GIVING - CLOSING WORDS. “Watch, stand fast in the
faith, quit you like men, be strong. 14 Let all you do be in love.” *We
receive this closing exhortation, Father. We *delight* to do Your will as
spoken through your apostle. You have the right to instruct us through them.
*But deliver us from the evil one.*

 *NOTE: *J. Sidlow Baxter some years ago wrote “Explore the Book,” that
takes the reader through a quick survey trip of all 66 books of the Bible.
This servant of the Lord has been promoted to the higher plains of Glory
with Jesus, the angels and the saints of the last 6000 years.

 He has an interesting “take” on the seven churches to which the apostle
Paul wrote personal letters. He sees “Romans” as setting forth the Passover
work of Jesus through “Justification by faith.” This corresponds with the
first great Feast of the Jews. The Corinthian church however left their
basic moorings, by placing undue - and even mistaken emphasis on emotions
and an imbalance of a Holy Spirit emphasis above the Word. Galatians also
left the moorings set forth in Romans, and placed a legalistic emphasis on
the Old Covenant above Jesus' clear teaching in the New Covenant. Paul's
letter to these two City Churches were corrections in the light of Romans.

 Baxter saw the Book of Ephesians as setting forth God's High Teaching of
the church in a 7-fold picture. It is the Holy Spirit through Jesus making
this possible, and fulfills the Feast of Pentecost or Shavuot. The Church of
Philippi departed from this standard with divisions in the Spirit,
especially pointed up by Euodia and Syntyche. Paul's letter to the
Philippians was designed to bring this church back to the Ephesian standard.
The city church of Colosse departed from Ephesus through a weird emphasis on
angels and Gnosticism (our modern New Age doctrine). Paul's letter to the
Colossians was designed to correct this.

 1 & 2 Thessalonians sets forth the correct understanding concerning the
return of our Lord, corresponding with the Feast of Tabernacles.

 The above is not a “Thus says the Lord,” but as Paul had the confidence of
the Lord to answer marital questions in 1 Corinthians 7, so I believe J.
Sidlow Baxter as a world-renowned Bible teacher, had the confidence of the
Lord for his insights in “Explore the Book.”

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: