Valentine's Day

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 20:52:17 PST 2009

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

   *2009-02-10 - VALENTINE'S DAY*

"*BIBLE VERSES THAT WORK THROUGH A TRUE VALENTINE'S DAY*

 *Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (4:7-12) THE REWARD OF A TRUE VALENTINE TEAM*

t*o*BIYM [2896] hash-sheNAyim [3426] min - ha-*e*CHAD [259],

*Two are better than one,*

aSHER y*e*sh-laHEM s*a*CAR [7939] t*o*b ba-a-m*a*L*A*M [5899].

*because they have a good reward for their labor.*

ciy im - yipP*O*lu [5307],

*10 For if they fall, *

h*a*-eCHAD y*a*KIYM[6965] eth - cha-b*e*R*O* [2272];

*the one will lift up his fellow;*

veIYl*o* H*A*eCH*A*D shey-yipP*O*L,

*but woe to him that is alone when he falls,*

ve*E*YN sh*e*NIY la-cha-kiyM*O*.

*and has not another to lift him up.*

gam, im - yish-ceBU [7901],

*11 Again, if two lie together,*

sheNAYIM veCHAM [2552] laHEM;

*then they have warmth;*

vu-le-eCHAD *e*yc y*e*CH*A*M?

*but how can one be warm alone?*

veIM - yith-ke-PH*O* [8630] h*a*-eCH*A*D,

*12 And if a man prevail against him that is alone,*

hash-sheNAYIM ya-a-meDU [5975] negD*O*;

*two shall withstand him;*

ve-haCHUT [2339] HAme-shulL*A*SH l*o* bim-ch*e*R*A*H [4120] yin-n*a*TH*E*K
[5423].

*and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.*

 *NOTE: Perhaps the key this this text is the latter part of verse 12 - "And
a 3-fold cord is not quickly broken. One very possible interpretation to
this involves God's and man's covenant. Visualize a "triangle" with God at
the top, and 2 prayer partners at the two lower corners. Let God be "A", and
a husband and wife - "B & C." God makes a covenant with us individually. We
can accept or reject His terms, but we cannot modify them. Should we accept
His covenant, we understand that it is based on the ""Atoning, Redemptive
work of Christ. Reconciliation with God on a covenant basis is only possible
because the LOgos - the Word - became man, and as man undid for us what Adam
caused. Christ the man took the penalty of death on our behalf, - for the
soul that sins, it must die. Christ's death on our behalf frees us to
receive God's offer of forgiveness and reconciliation.*

 *Once this transaction has taken place, we immediately enter into God's
Kingdom as babes. As we leave the milk of the Word and become children,
youth and then adults, we move from a 10-fold to a 100-fold to a 1000
potential in "God. Then according to Zechariah 12:8, we can press in to a
million-fold potential!*

 *So if God is "A" and I am "B", this is a decided opportunity. But if my
wife Marie is "C", she can progress with God on a parallel path. It is based
on blood-covenant, "b'rit" in Hebrew, "di-aTHEke" in Greek. This latter
means that we have been thoroughly placed by God in a vital relationship
with Himself!*

 *But there is also a human covenant between individuals, not on a vertical,
but on a horizontal plane. It is call "sunTHEke" - "sun" meaning "with". Two
on a horizontal level that has first been individually achieved through a
vertical relationship with God - now can enter with "Prayer Multiplication".
Instead of each of us remaining in a "1000-fold basis", we now enter into a
10,000-fold potential! And if we by faith dare to activate under God
Zechariah 12:8, and each of us achieve a million-fold potential - then
together we become 10 million-fold. 4 couples become a billion-fold - and 8
individuals become like elders in the gate of our city, and God can use us
as an "automated laser-telescope", and remove principalities and powers of
Satan over our city, area, state or province or country. Then after God does
it by using us, we like David can then go in and "mop-up.+*

 *This triangle set-up based on both vertical and horizontal covenant,
become the 3-fold cord that is not easily broken. It is because of an
understanding of the above, first submitted to us by Pastor Ern Baxter, that
Marie and I call our ministry - "Two are Better than One" Ministries! He
that has ears to hear, let him him hear what the Spirit is saying to the
churches.*

 *This is really a Valentine presentation to Marie from me, and you friends
have the privilege of sharing in it. - Jim.*

 *Deuteronomy 32:30 (32:1-43) THE SONG OF MOSES*

*THE VICTORY FOR A TRUE VALENTINE TEAM (An application)*

*e*yC*A*H yirD*O*PH [7291] eCH*A*D Eleph [505],

*How should one chase a thousand,*

vushNAYIM y*a*NIYs*u* [5127] ri-baB*A*H [7233],

*And two put ten thousand to flight,*

im - L*O* ciy - tz*u*R*A*M [6697] me-c*a*R*A*M [4376],

*Except their Rock had sold them,*

VAYh*o*VEH his-giyR*A*M [5462]?

*And Jehovah had delivered them up?*

 *NOTE:** As you have no doubt noted, God is here warning Covenant-Israel -
that if she becomes a covenant-breaker, then her enemies receive this
multiplication advantage. But if our enemies can enter this because of
failure (such as Israel is experiencing today) - **how much more will
spiritual covenant-keepers enter into an even greater blessing - even such
as promised in Zechariah 12:8!*

 *And in Matthew 18:19, we see God's clear NT Prayer Multiplication promise
for the "One New Man", Jew and Gentile together. *

 *Many of us have experienced the faithfulness of God in these promises. But
now He is about to activate the greater promises of Zechariah 12:8!*

 *Matthew 18:19-20 (18:18-20, NNT) CERTAIN PRAYER RESULTS FROM A TRUE
VALENTINE TEAM*

PAlin, aM*E*N, LEg*o* huMIN,

*Again, Amen, I say unto you,*

HOti eAN DUo sum-ph*o*N*E*s*o*-sin [4856] ex huM*O*N ePI t*e*s g*e*s

*that if two of you shall agree on :earth*

peRI panTOS PRAGma-tos [4229] hou eAN aiT*E*s*o*n-tai [154],

*as touching anything they shall ask, *

geN*E*se-tai [1096] auTOIS paRA tou paTROS mou tou en ou-ranNOIS.

*it shall be done for them of my :Father who is in the heavens.*

hou gar ei-sin DUo *e* treis su-n*e*gMEnoi [4863] eis to eMON Ono-ma [3686],

*20 For where two or three are gathered unto my :name,*

eKEI eiMI en MEs*o* auT*O*N.

*there am I in their midst.*

 *Zechariah 12:8-9 (12:1-9, ASV) HIGHER STAKES IN THE LAST DAYS*

bayY*O*M haH*U* yaG*E*N [1598] ye-h*o*VAH beAD y*o*SH*E*B[3427] ye-r*u*
-shaLAIM;

*In that day shall Jehovah defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem;*

ve-h*a*Y*A*H han-nicSH*A*L [3782] b*a*HEM bayY*O*M haH*U*

*and he that is feeble among them at that day*

ce-d*a*VIYD;

*shall be as David;*

vuB*E*TH d*a*VIYD C*E*l*o*HIYM,

*and the house of David shall be as God,*

ce-malAC [4397] ye-h*o*VAH liph-n*e*yHEM.

*as the angel of Jehovah before them.*

ve-h*a*YAH bayY*O*M haH*U*,

*9And it shall come to pass in that day,*

a-bakK*E*SH [1245] le-ha-sheMIYD [8045] eth - c*a*l - hagG*O*YIM [1421]

*that I will seek to destroy all the nations *

hab-b*a*IYM al - ye-r*u*-shaLAIM.

*that come against Jerusalem.*

 *NOTE* Many others have used these first 3 verses: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12;
Deuteronomy 32:20; Matthew 18:19-20 - Dennis Bennett of St Luke's in Seattle
among them.

 But 60 years ago God quickened these 3 sections to Marie and me following
our marriage in 1948. Marie especially had the Ecclesiastes and Deuteronomy
passages quickened to her. On the basis of these 3 verses, we named the
ministry to which God called us together to share, "Two Are Better then One"
Ministries.

 In the late 70's we were in Ontario for meetings. I was reading Charles
Haddon Spurgeon's daily devotional,
"God's Checkbook." Marie had given it to me as a birthday present. One of
the readings that year was on Zechariah 12:8. God powerfully spoke to my
spirit, and seemed to say that about the time of the return of His Son, we
would see this promise activated. And because Gentiles - the non-Jewish
nations - have been grafted into Israel's olive tree - we too could claim
these promises made to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

 Note that in *that* day the *feeble* among us would be as *David*. Women
sang that Saul slew his thousands, but *David* his ten thousands! Saul was
very angry and jealous at these words, and made 21 attempts on the life of
David following this revelation.

 But see what God's Spirit through Zechariah follows up with - Those of the
house of David - who are *not* feeble - would be like *God* - like the Angel
of the LORD who went before Israel with Moses and Joshua to give Israel the
land of Canaan (present Palestine), as a perpetual inheritance. Any nation
or nations who seek to overturn God's will in this, will find themselves
fighting God, not Israel! This is difficult for nations who do not honor God
and His Word to accept, but it will eventually come to pass and vindicate
God's purposes for Israel.

 But look at the above 4 passages and their application to prayer partners,
especially a married couple. At a recent Presbytery Meeting that Marie and I
were asked to share in - Marie prophesied to a couple that "Prayer
Multiplication" on the basis of these passages, was a distinct purpose of
God for the success of their united ministry. She added: Church couples can
honestly witness that *this* partnership in successful Prayer Multiplication
- is the most difficult to achieve among all prayer couples for the
marrieds! The congregation that night *heartily* agreed!

 So - does it not seem appropriate that these 4 passages are most
appropriate for both married couples, and those planning to marry - to offer
to each other as a "Valentine's Day" Gift, Challenge and Blessing?

 Recently I mailed out an article on the unusual blessing that flows from a
minimum of an hour a day to engage in the use of one's "Devotional Prayer
Language.": It is a highly edifying gift from God to one's spirit. When
married couples individually give themselves in obedience to God to this
privilege and blessing, they will then find that "Prayer Multiplication"
becomes a distinct possibility and blessing.

 So - from Marie and myself to all of you, "Happy Valentine's Day" - but -
why not make every day of this year a Valentine's Day and Gift - and through
your "devotional prayer language" enter in the "Halls of Highest Human
Happiness" - as Peter Marshall called marriage. If your marriage isn't that
today - it *can be* tomorrow, and all of tomorrow's tomorrows!

 Your devoted friends on behalf of God's very best for each of you - Jim and
Marie Watt

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*