2 Samuel - Overview

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 15:10:42 PST 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

   *2 SAMUEL - OVERVIEW - T2201R - 2008-12-18 - ESTABLISHMENT OF THE KINGDOM
*

 *1. 2:11 (1-2) DAVID: ANOINTED KING OF JUDAH. "And the time that David was
king in Hebron over the house of Judah was seven years and six months." *When
Your Word goes forth Father, You watch over it to perform it, and Your time
is swift from Your point of view! Help us to see things from Your
perspective. Help us to have strong convictions and understanding. *Hallowed
be your :name.*

 *2. 5:12 (3-5) DAVID: ANOINTED KING OF ISRAEL "And David perceived that
Jehovah had established him king over Israel, and that he had exalted his
kingdom for his people Israel's sake." *It was not David: it was
*You*Father, who did this thing for David and Your people Israel! And
the
principle enabling You to work through David? He was a man after your own
heart! *Your :kingdom come.*

 *3. 7:25 (6-10) DAVID: KINGDOM ESTABLISHED UNDER HIM. "And now, O Jehovah
God, the word that you have spoken concerning your servant, and concerning
his house, confirm you it for ever, and do as you have spoken." *David
recognized the inviolate integrity of Your Word and promise, Father. If You
said it, he could confidently depend upon You to perform Your Covenant
Promise! *Your :will be done, As in heaven, so on earth.*

 *4. 12:9 (11-12) DAVID'S LAPSE. "Wherefore have you despised the word of
Jehovah, to do that which is evil in his sight? you have smitten Uriah the
Hittite with the sword, and have taken his wife to be your wife, and have
slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon." *Your invisible world is
clear to Your prophets, Father. O forgive us for the unmitigated gall that
we should think we could get off scot-free for blatant sin in your sight!
You *do* see; You *do* recompense! *Our :daily :bread Give us this day.*

 *5. 17:23 (13-20) DAVID: HOUSEHOLD JUDGMENT. "And when Ahithophel saw that
his counsel was not followed, he saddled his ass, and arose, and got him
home, unto his city, and set his house in order, and hanged himself: and he
died, and was buried in the sepulchre of his father." *In the midst of Your
judgment upon David Father, in mercy You defeated the counsel of Ahithophel
on David's behalf; he hung himself, as did Judas. *And forgive us our
:debts, As we also have forgiven our :debtors.*

 *6. 22:1 (21-23) DAVID: MARKS OF A SPIRITUAL MAN. "And David spoke unto
Jehovah the words of this song in the day that Jehovah delivered him out of
the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul." *It is good to
praise and thank You Father, for the blessings You bestow upon us. David
recognized Your bounty, and gave thanks both for it, and for You, just being
who You are! *And bring us not into temptation.*

 *7. 24:17 (24) DAVID'S LAST SIN. "And David spoke unto Jehovah when he saw
the angel that smote the people, and said, Lo, I have sinned, and I have
done perversely; but these sheep, what have they done? let your hand, I pray
you, be against me, and against my father's house." *This parallels Moses'
and Paul's prayer of intercession. David was a man after Your own heart,
Father. In him You demonstrated this lesson. *But deliver us from the evil
one.*

 *NOTE*: 2 Samuel recounts the reign of David, first over Judah in his first
7 years of reign, and then over all of Israel for the next 33 years, making
his full reign of 40 years.

 Grace and mercy towards David is the mark of God for this man after His own
heart. Only Jesus, the seed of David, lived a perfectly sinless life as the
Son of Man. David is like all the rest of us of the human race - a man who
at times gave way to the flesh. Only the Seed of David could work Redemption
on behalf of the human race. Thank God for His eternal Son, who took upon
Himself the form of man, and worked *Plenteous* Redemption on our behalf!
Read Hebrews 7-10 to see the extraordinary role the Father exalted Jesus the
Son of Man to! There is a "Man" seated right now at the right hand of the
Father - after the order of Melchizedek, who constantly makes intercession
for those of us who are heirs of His salvation.

 Remember - it is a *remnant* who will choose to take on the promises of God
in Christ Jesus, and make Him our eternal Lord and Savior. Remember also
Romans 10:9-10 - it is those of mankind who confess Him as *Lord*, and
believe in our hearts that God has raised Him from the dead, who shall be
saved. Many want Him as Savior, but *not* as Lord. Yet - He will be Lord of
*all*, or not Lord at all!!

 2 Samuel portrays David from whom a seed comes who is the Son of Man, whom
David calls *Lord*! Let us *all* follow in David's train.

 Following is a *URL* you can click on to receive an article how to use
God's Bible Numerics through Ivan Panin to effectively witness to science
and math students and professionals. It works: *
http://www.christianity.ca/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=4553&srcid=1979*<http://www.christianity.ca/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=4553&srcid=1979>

 Also, the Rev. Dr. John Roddam, Rector of St. Luke's Episcopal Church of
Seattle, interviewed Marie and myself in December of 2007 with ten 30 minute
segments on 3 DVD's to document the pros and cons of the February 11th 1948
Visitation by God at North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada. I am the last
of the 7 elders from the summer camp meeting, and John felt it would be wise
to take advantage of our presence here while we are still alive - and still
clear of mind and memory. They were released at St. Luke's on February
11thof 2008 for the 60
th Anniversary of that event.

 Evan Roberts of the 1904 Welsh Revival and Frank Bartleman, "How Pentecost
came to Los Angeles," and who took part in the 1906 Azusa Street Visitation
- saw God restore the manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit at that time.
But in 1948 God restored the "Presbytery Concept" of the "Five-fold Elders"
in the Gate of a city; the Heavenly Choir from the time of Mrs. Maria
Woodworth-Etter, and 9 other Restoration Principles, linked with the 12
tribes of Israel, and all came together in 1948. These DVD's are on sale for
this 60th Anniversary, through Norlynn Audio Visual Services, Vancouver, BC.
- Go to *<www.reason-for-hope.com> * - They are available for $30.00 plus
$5.00 shipping and handling.

 Unusual results have come to those who have taken the time and trouble to
obtain and listen to these DVD's. Marie and I have our 60th Wedding
Anniversary the same year as the 60th anniversary of this unusual and
auspicious spiritual visitation. - Jim Watt

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org<mailing-subscribe at 2rbetter.org?subject=Just%20hit%20send%20be%20automatically%20subscribed>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: