Spiritual Chiropractic Adjustment

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 12:57:56 PDT 2008

"*TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*PO Box 25116 -- Federal Way WA 98093-2116*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org*

   *EPH 4:12 - SPIRITUAL CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENT*

*ka-tarTIzo (13x), total cognates (15x), to restore, unite, Strong's # 2675*

*GOD'S PURPOSE FOR THE FIVE-FOLD MINISTRIES*

 *1. MT 4:21 (18-22, NNT by I. Panin) MENDING NETS: A FORM OF ADJUSTMENT.
"And going on thence, he saw two other brothers, James the son of :Zebedee,
and John his :brother, in the boat with Zebedee their :father, mending their
:nets; and he called them." *Fish to be caught require *mended* nets. The
church to become fishers of men, requires to be *mended* or *spiritually
adjusted* by the 5-fold ministries to effectively catch souls for God.

 *2. MT 21:16 (12-16) PERFECTING PRAISE: AGAIN, ADJUSTMENT. "And the chief
priests said to him, Do you hear what these are saying? And :Jesus says to
them, Yes: did you never read [that] Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings
you have perfected praise?" *Isn't it amazing that God uses babes and
children to *perfect* praise?​ At the time the sperm unites with the egg at
conception, some have observed as it were a flash of light. Husband and wife
God uses to produce body and soul in the babe - but *He* adds the spirit at
the moment of conception - and it seems that our little ones have a sense of
the unseen world superior to us adults for the first years of their life.
They easily see angels and have visions. See "Visions Beyond the Veil" by
H.A. Baker.

 *3. LK 6:40 (39-49) PERFECT ADJUSTMENT: MAKES DISCIPLES LIKE THEIR TEACHER.
"A disciple is not above the teacher: but every one perfected shall be as
his :teacher." *He that lives *godly* in Christ Jesus *shall* suffer
persecution! If we rise to let the life of Jesus manifest through us by His
Spirit and His Word, then in the *perfected* state, we too will be treated
like Jesus. See the last two Beatitudes.

 *4. 1 PET 5:10 (6-11) PERFECT ADJUSTMENT: FOLLOWS SUFFERING. "And the God
of all grace, who called you unto his eternal :glory in Christ after you
have suffered a little, shall himself perfect, establish, strengthen
you."*Notice that suffering is a necessary prelude to maturity and
*perfection*. See the book of Job: "Baffled to Fight Better!" Here God sets
forth his righteous man who hates evil and desires to do good - but *
perfects* him and makes him a better man through suffering.

 *5. ROM 9:22 (19-29) FITTED UNTO DESTRUCTION: THE CONTRAST! "What if :God,
willing to show :wrath, and to make his :power known, bore with much
long-suffering vessels of wrath fitted unto destruction." *Those who choose
other than God, are then *fitted* for destruction, just as saints who have
chosen life, are *fitted* by God's 5-fold for life!

 *6. 1 COR 1:10 (10-17) CORPORATE PERFECTION: GOD'S GOAL THROUGH THE 5-FOLD.
"Now I beseech you, brothers, through the name of our :Lord Jesus Christ,
that you all speak the same, and no divisions be among you: but that
you be perfected
together in the same mind and in the same judgment." *We have to
*choose*for God's appointed
*adjusters* to fit us corporately for this same mind and same judgment. We
can't do it ourselves, but we can choose to let our Lord through His chosen
appointees do His work!

 *7. 2 COR 13:9 (1-10) PERFECT ADJUSTMENT: PAUL'S PRAYER. "For we rejoice,
when we be weak, and you be strong: this we also pray for, even your
:perfecting." *Paul in his weakness, tribulations, persecutions and
suffering looks at his converts, and desires for his spiritual children
maturity and *perfection!*

 *8. 2 COR 13:11 (11-13) BE PERFECTED: A COMMAND (by submitting to the
Lord's 5-fold). "For the rest, brothers, farewell. Be perfected; be
comforted; be of the same mind; be at peace: and the God of :love and peace
shall be with you." **Perfection* is not an option for the saint - it is a *
command!* Again, we cannot do this for ourselves. It would be like trying to
lift ourselves up by our bootstraps. It takes another to lift us into this
state. And the Lord chooses to use the 5-fold to do so. And they are not
sinlessly perfect! Some say they will submit to the Lord, but not to pastors
or men. Careful! If we want the Lord's best, *this* is the Lord's appointed
way! We can miss God if we refuse His appointed way!

 *9. GAL 6:1 (5:25-6:6) RESTORE THOSE OVERTAKEN IN A TRESPASS! "Brothers,
even if a man be overtaken in any trespass, you the spiritual, restore such
a one in a spirit of gentleness; looking to yourself, lest you also be
tempted." **Restoration!* This is again God's appointed way when we fall. We
must humble ourselves and permit our fellow man to lift us back where we
once were. Humbling? Perhaps. But those who do the restoration must seek the
spirit in the above verse if they would be successful in this needful duty.

 *10. EPH 4:12 (1-16) ADJUSTMENT UNTO PERFECTION: RESPONSIBILITY OF THE
5-FOLD. "The 5-fold is given for the perfecting of the saints, unto a work
of ministry, unto a building of the body of the Christ." *This is the key
verse for this whole study. Let us observe well God's plan and program. He
has designed to mature His church through *His* choice of the 5-fold
ministries. We *cannot* take the prerogative upon ourselves! Nor can we
deceive ourselves by thinking we are His choice. We need the confirmation
for this calling through the Eldership or Presbytery. Man seals God's
calling through the "Laying on of Hands" and prophecy.

 *11. 1 THESS 3:10 (1-10) PAUL'S DESIRE: TO PERFECTLY ADJUST MISSING
DIMENSIONS. "Night and day praying exceedingly that we may see your :face,
and may perfect what are lacking in your :faith." * Paul's chief ministry is
prayer and intercession on a constant basis on behalf of the saints. Paul
could see what was lacking in these converts, and knew that through God's
gifting and calling to him as an apostle, that God through him could meet
any need of these saints.

 *12. HEB 10:5 (1-18) MESSIAH'S PREPARED BODY: THE WORK OF GOD! "Wherefore
when he comes into the world, he says, Sacrifice and offering you would not,
But a body did you prepare for me." *See God's wonderful work on behalf of
His only begotten Son. Jesus had a Pre-incarnate existence from the
beginning with God! Before Abraham was, *He was!* God is *One* - but He is *
One* in the Triunity of the Godhead: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, just as we
who are made in the image of God are one: spirit, soul and body. Jesus who
was very God of very God, became through the body His Father *prepared* for
Him, very man of very man. A mystery? Indeed - and *much* for us to meditate
upon!

 *13. HEB 11:3 (3-12) FRAMING OF WORLD: GOD'S MASTER PARABLE. "By faith we
understand that the ages have been framed by God's word, so that what is
seen has not been made out of things which appear." *God used Jesus as the
Pre-incarnate Son, as the Living Word, to create all things. See the book of
Colossians. According to Romans 1, the universe was designed by God as a
lesser gospel to lead us to the light of the *greater* Gospel: Jesus! He
used this in the beginning to draw me to Himself as a new teen-ager.

 *14. HEB 13:21 (20-21) PERFECTING OF GOD'S WILL IN US: MESSIAH'S HIGH
CALLING. "Now our God perfect you in every good to do his :will, to do in us
what is well-pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom the glory
unto the ages of the ages. Amen." *This is one of the great Benedictory
prayers of the Bible. Here is the will of God! He wants us *perfected* into
the image of His Son Jesus, so that He through the Spirit and the Word can
live His life out through us. He first wants incarnation in us, and then
growth, maturity and *perfection* to do His will. Are we ready? Are we
willing?

 *NOTE:** *God does not plan for all of the 5-fold to be resident and
operate in any one local church. He has designed that they all *should* be
resident and operate in each city church, and should move from local church
to local church within the city. This insight finds strong confirmation in
the following analysis of *Church* - ek-kl*e*SIa. It appears 114x in the
Greek NT. *Once* in Acts 7 it refers to Israel as the church in the
wilderness. 3x in the book of Acts it refers to the secular church of
Ephesus. 14x it refers to a local church within the city church, such as the
church in the home of Aquila and Priscilla. 15x it refers to the Universal
Church of OT and NT saints. *But* - 81x - it refers to the *City
Church*composed of many local churches, such as 14 of these references
in
Revelation 2-3.

 Much frustration and damage has taken place because of the lack of
understanding in this since the Reformation days of Martin Luther. However,
in the last decades men like John Dawson have seen this truth, and clear
perspective is beginning to return to the church. *This* will enable the
5-fold ministry to once again function as God has planned it from the
beginning. Remember how in the beginning the apostles went forth two by two
from local church in the home to local church in the home - in the context
of the city church.

 In 1948 God visited North Battleford, Saskatchewan with a number of
Restoration Revival Principles, and brought together 12 of these in an
Embryonic state. George R. Hawtin taught on the nature of the 5-fold,
majoring on the office of the apostle. He pointed out repeatedly that God
sees the office of the apostle and prophet functioning together in the
foundation for His church. The Aorist tense of the Greek in Ephesians 4:11
and 1 Corinthians 12:28 conclusively settles that in God's thinking, these 2
offices should continue to function with the other 3 - throughout the entire
church age.

 The importance of this teaching can be fully realized as we consider
Galatians 6:1, and the spirit in which spiritual leaders should restore
fellow leaders who have fallen. The last century on right into this
21stCentury, we have witnessed the tragedy of fallen leaders, even to
this year
in Lakeland, Florida. Leaders who are and young and inexperienced need to be
supported in prayer, intercession and counsel, for they become targets of
the enemy. And when one falls, Paul in Galatians gives exceedingly wise
counsel concerning their restoration.

 Just this day (August 22, 2008) a very wise and humble article has come
from Dutch Sheets emphasizing the true role of the church in such matters.
Thank God for his honesty, humility and obedience in bringing forth this
confession of repentance - much as Daniel did in Daniel 9.

 *TO SUBSCRIBE -- Please Email:
jmbetter-subscribe at skagitattic.com<jmbetter-subscribe#@skagitattic.com>
*

 *TO UNSUBSCRIBE -- Please Email: