Patience for Vision

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sat May 3 21:20:44 PDT 2008

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*
*Jim & Marie Watt*
*PO Box 25116 -- Federal Way WA 98093-2116*
*Tel: 253.874.4265 -- Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*
*Web: 2rbetter.org -- May 3, 2008*
**

*"THE PATIENCE TO WAIT FOR THE VISION"*

*(From "My Utmost for His Highest" – Oswald Chambers)*

* *

*"Though it tarries, wait for it … "– Habakkuk 2:3)*

* *

Patience is not the same as indifference; patience conveys the idea of
someone who is tremendously strong and able to withstand all assaults.
Having the vision of God is the source of patience because it gives us God's
true and proper inspiration. Moses endured, not because of his devotion to
his principles of what was right, nor because of his sense of duty to God,
but because he had a vision of God." … he endured as seeing Him who is
invisible" (Hebrews 11:27). A person who has the vision of God is not
devoted to a cause or to any particular issue – he is devoted to God
Himself. You always know when the vision is of God because of the
inspiration that comes with it. Things come to you with greatness and add
vitality to your life because everything is energized by God. He may give
you a time spiritually, with no word from Himself at all, just as His Son
experienced during His time of temptation in the wilderness. When God does
that, simply endure, and the power to endure will be there because you see
God.

"Though it tarries, wait for it …" The proof that we have the vision is that
we are reaching out for more than we have already grasped. It is a bad thing
to be satisfied spiritually. The psalmist said, "What shall I render to the
Lord…? I will take up the cup of salvation …" (Psalm 116:12-13). We are apt
to look for satisfaction within ourselves and say, "Now I've got it! Now I
am completely sanctified. Now I can endure." Instantly we are on the road to
ruin. Our reach must exceed our grasp. Paul said, "Not that I have already
attained, or am already perfected; but I press on …" (Philippians 3:12). If
we have only what we have experienced, we have nothing. But if we have the
inspiration of the vision of God, we have more than we can experience.
Beware of the danger of spiritual relaxation.

*NOTE**:  *This week's reading from the "Through the Bible in a Year" (TBIY),
is an accompaniment to this week's Torah Reading, contained in the book of
Habakkuk, and quoted by Chambers. It is a book filled with the theme of
"Patience." Jesus manifested this virtue to the fullest.

2 Peter 1:5-7 tells us about 7 virtues to build upon Faith's Foundation,
including Patience. It is composed of two Greek words (HUpo, under; and MEn*
o*, abide), with the meaning of "*to abide* *under authority*!" He who by
the grace and Spirit of God lives in this position is blessed indeed.

As we together learn to plumb the depths of this virtue, we see the blessing
of "Team Spirit."

*None* of us exists and lives to himself. We are part of Christ's spiritual
body. God does what He does through us not as an individual, but as part of
Christ's corporate body, as part of a Team. Benjamin is the tribe of
Israelthat especially shows forth this truth. We must ensure that our
foundations
are properly laid (Hebrews 6:1-2), and then go on to *perfection*. That
perfection is learning to move in full harmony and appreciation for our
fellow Team Members. Joseph wanted Benjamin to come down with his 10 half
brothers on their second trip. And when Benjamin sinned in the book of
Judges and was reduced to but 600 men, the other 11 tribes mourned. They did
*not* rejoice at the judgment of God. They contrived to get 600 wives for
Benjamin's 600 men, so that the tribe could be re-established. They knew
that the corporate nation of Israel could only successfully function – when
all 12 tribes were making their unique contribution! Just think of the
poverty of the Church had not the 11 tribes understood and done this. Paul,
a Benjamite, wrote 14 of the letters of the New Testament! This depended
upon mercy shown in the book of Judges.

What you receive from me is because of "Team Spirit." I only obey God by
writing and preparing what He gives me – HIS gift to me. But without team
members helping with the Printing, Website and Email expertise – this would
not take place!

In 1995 Larry Van Schoiack said to me, "Jim, it's not good for you to use an
electronic typewriter to prepare your articles and work. You need a 'Word
Processing' computer for this. In 1996 he gave me my first computer, with
lessons how to use it.

Then in 1998 Richard Long from Ontario, Canada challenged me to write up a
teaching on each of the 12 Embryonic Revival Principles that came together
in the 1948 Visitation in North Battleford, Saskatchewan. It took me two
years to pick up on this, but in January 2000 I started with Reuben and "Our
Jewish Roots."

He then asked me, "Would it be okay if I abridged these 12 articles and sent
them out to some 1000 Canadian leaders associated with "Watchmen for the
Nations?"  I told him it would be. But he added a note to the abridged
articles: "I have left out perhaps the best parts of Jim's articles because
of lack of space. But I am sure if you asked him, he would be glad to send
you the unabridged articles."

The response swamped me! My oldest son Jim, Jr. recognized my problem and
said, "Dad – what you need is a Website, so that those interested in
unabridged copies can come and print them up without contacting you." And he
added – "I'll be happy to set up a Website for you," which he did in
February of 2000.

Then last year my grandson Keelan said, "Grandpa – you need an Archive
section on an updated Website, taking advantage of the latest computer
technology. You need a simple 'Easy Friendly' homepage with a Top Bar, and a
simple way to access your materials on a side-bar." This is nearly ready to
be released. It will coordinate in a simple fashion the 12 Embryonic Revival
Truths, The Interlinear Greek New Testament in progress, Outlines to this,
and also relevant Greek Word Studies, as well as an Archive section.

This is far beyond anything I could have envisaged, and hopefully will meet
a need for those that have not had the opportunity to attend Bible
Collegeor Seminary.

So of course I recognize that without the above team – (and many more
unmentioned -- I alone could do little to help you.

However – there are some negative aspects to Computers, Emails and Networks
etc. Spam and Hackers are out there in this jungle. Over abundance of emails
and pornographic advertising abound. Even sincere but perhaps misguided
believers send out emails that are questionable.

In the last 12 years since Larry Van Schoiack helped me send and receive
Emails, I have had to refuse cooperation for some requests – scores and even
100's of times. One particular type of this nature may help you to
understand why I don't feel comfortable to cooperate with a certain type.

It entails a message of challenge along a certain line. Then comes a
request: Please send this to a dozen (or some other specific number) of your
friends in the next 5 minutes, with me the sender as number two on this
list. Please don't break this chain. There is blessing in obedience, (and an
unspoken problem for refusal).

Here's why I have not once cooperated in this type of request in the last 12
years. First, Jesus never puts this kind of pressure or request on His
disciples. Rather He says, *IF* any man would follow me – then here are the
conditions – but it is *optional* – no pressure – no coercion

Salvation is *all* of grace – but discipleship is conditional – with
*no*pressure to seek conformity.

When the rich young ruler couldn't receive Jesus' conditions* *and
sorrowfully departed – Jesus *did not* pressure him to reconsider or do
anything about it. *This* is the way of our God. Pressure to act or conform
through these Email requests – to me – are *not* in the Spirit of Jesus.

I leave it entirely up to you what you do about such requests – but I feel
it only right to let you know my thinking, and why I consistently refuse to
follow through on such requests.

Your friend – Jim Watt

* *

* *