Praise for the China Study

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:57:16 PDT 2008

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*PO Box **25116 – Federal Way** **WA** **98093-2116***

*Tel: 253.874.4265 – Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org – **April 24, 2008***

* *

*"THE **CHINA** STUDY"** – 2005 -- T. Colin Campbell PhD*

*The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted*

*and the Startling Implications for Diet, *

*Weight Loss and Long-term Health*

ISBN 1-932100-38-5 – BenBella Books, Dallas, Texas

To order call (800)-888-4741 – *www.ipgbook.com *

* *

*PRAISE FOR THE **CHINA** STUDY*

* *

"The study can be considered the Grand Prix of Epidemiology."

New York Times

"Everyone in the field of nutrition science stands on the shoulders of T.
Colin Campbell, who is one of the giants in the field. This is one of the
most important books about nutrition ever written – reading it may save your
life."

Dean Ornish, M.D., Founder and President,

Preventive Medicine Research Institute

Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco

Author, *Dr. Dean Ornish's Program for Reversing Heart Disease* and *Love &
Survival*

"Written with candor, courage and clarity, and with intellectual honesty and
profound insight, this compelling book is destined to be one of the most
important books of the decade. If implemented, *The China Study* would usher
in a new era of contagious health."

Hans Diehl, DrHSc, MPH, FACN

Lifestyle Medicine Institute

Best-selling Author and Founder of CHIP

"Colin Campbell's *The China Study* is an important and readable book. With
his son Tom, he discusses studies of the relationship between diet and
disease. His conclusions about the harmful consequences of animal proteins
are startling. Equally surprising has been his difficulty in bringing the
results to the public. It is a story which needs to be heard."

Robert C. Richardson, Ph.D., Nobel Laureate,

E.R. Newman Professor of Physics and Vice Provost (Research), Cornell
University

"*The China Study* is the most convincing evidence yet on preventing heart
disease, cancer and other Western diseases by dietary means. It is the book
of choice both for economically developed countries and for countries
undergoing rapid economical transition and lifestyle change."

Junshi Chen, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Research Professor

Institute of Nutrition and Food Safety,

Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention

"*The China Study* is extraordinarily helpful, superbly written and
profoundly important. Dr. Campbell's work is revolutionary in its
implications and spectacular in its clarity. I learned an immense amount
from this brave and wise book. If you want to eat bacon and eggs for
breakfast and then take cholesterol-lowering medication, that's your right.
But if you want to truly take charge of your health, read *The China
Study*and do it soon! If you heed the counsel of this outstanding
guide, your body
will thank you every day for the rest of your life."

John Robbins, author

*Diet for a New **America** *and *The Food Revolution*

* *

"*The China Study* is a well-documented analysis of the fallacies of the
modern diet, lifestyle and medicine and the quick-fix approach that often
fails. The lessons from China provide compelling rationale for a plant-based
diet to promote health and reduce the risk of the diseases of affluence."

Sushma Palmer, Ph.D., Former Executive Director

Food and Nutrition Board, U.S. National Academy of Sciences

"All concerned with the obesity epidemic, their own health and the
staggering environmental and social impacts of the Western diet will find
wise and practical solutions in Campbell's *The China Study.*"

Robert Goodland, Lead Advisor on the Environment

The World Bank Group (1978-2001)

"*The China Study* is the account of a ground-breaking research study that
provides the answers long sought by physicians, scientists and
health-conscious readers. Based on painstaking investigations over many
years, it unearths surprising answers to the most important nutritional
questions of our time: What really causes cancer? How can we extend our
lives? What will turn around the obesity epidemic? *The China Study *quickly
and easily dispenses with fad diets, relying on solid and convincing
evidence. Clearly and beautifully written by one of the world's most
respected nutrition authorities, *The China Study* represents a major
turning point in our understanding of health."

Neal Barnard, M.D., President

Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine

"*The China Study *is a rare treat. Finally, a world-renowned nutritional
scholar has explained the truth about diet and health in a way that everyone
can easily understand – a startling truth that everyone needs to know. In
this superb volume, Dr. Campbell has distilled, with his son Tom, for us the
wisdom of his brilliant career. If you feel any confusion about how to find
the healthiest path for yourself and your family, you will find precious
answers in *The China Study*. Don't miss it."

Douglas J. Lisle, Ph.D., and Alan Goldhamer, D.C.

Authors of *The Pleasure Trap: Mastering the Hidden Force*

*That Undermines Health and Happiness*

* *

"So many diet and health books contain conflicting advice, but most have one
thing in common – an agenda to sell something. Dr. Campbell and his son
Tom's only agenda is truth. As a distinguished professor at Cornell
University, Dr. Campbell is the Einstein of nutrition. *The China Study* is
based on hardcore scientific research, not the rank speculation of a Zone,
Atkins, SugarBusters or any other current fad. Dr. Campbell lays out his
lifetime of research in an accessible, entertaining way. Read this book and
you will know why."

Jeff Nelson, President, VegSource.com

"Colin Campbell's book *The China Study* is a moving and insightful history
of the struggle – still ongoing – to understand and explain the vital
connection between our health and what we eat. Dr. Campbell knows this
subject from the inside: he has pioneered the investigation of the
diet-cancer link since the days of the seminal China Study, the NAS report,
*Diet, Nutrition and Cancer,* and AICR's expert panel report, *Food,
Nutrition and the Prevention of Cancer: A Global Perspective*. Today, AICR
advocates a *predominantly plant-based diet* for lower cancer risk because
of the great work Dr. Campbell and just a few other visionaries began
twenty-five years ago."

Marilyn Gentry, President

American Institute for Cancer Research

"*The China Study* gives critical, life-saving nutritional information for
every health-seeker in America. But it is much more: Dr. Campbell's expose
of the research and medical establishment makes this book a fascinating read
and one that could change the future for all of us. Every health care
provider and researcher in the world must read it."

Joel Fuhrman, M.D., Author *Eat To Live*

* *

"If you're looking to enhance your health, performance and your success read
*The China Study *immediately. Finally, scientifically valid guidance on how
much protein we need and where we should get it. The impact of these
findings is enormous."

John Allen Mollenhauer, Founder, My Trainer.com

*NOTE:*  Dr. T. Colin Campbell of *The China Study* recommended above, is
not at all averse to giving a good word for others in the same field.
Following is a write-up on Dr. John McDougall, containing his words of
commendation:

*NATIONS BESTSELLER: THE McDOUGALL PROGRAM*

* *

*"DR. JOHN McDOUGALL IS A TRUE PIONEER IN USING*

*LOW-FAT VEGETARIAN DIETS TO TREAT AND HELP*

*PREVENT A VARIETY OF DISEASES."*

*Dr. Dean Ornish, Author of Dr. Dean Ornish's Program*

*For Reversing Heart Disease*

* *

In this ground-breaking book, Dr. John McDougall, bestselling author and
creator of the nationally renowned diet and exercise program at the St.
Helena Hospital in Deer Park, California, introduces his remarkable
twelve-day plan. Building on the idea that the traditional meat-rich
American diet is hazardous to our health, Dr. McDougall has developed a
medically sound, low-fat, starch-based diet that not only facilitates weight
loss but also reverses serious illness, without drugs, and provides a broad
range of dramatic and lasting health benefits. Step-by-step, he takes you
through his revolutionary new program, providing

            Over 130 easy-to-prepare recipes

            Delicious day-by-day menus

            Suggestions for healthful dining out

PLUS a comprehensive listing of health problems from arthritis to ulcer
disease, comparing the traditional, often drastic medical approach and *The
McDougall Program's* nutritionally based

Alternative.

"THIS BOOK IS NOT JUST ANOTHER DIET BOOK. IT IS, PERHAPS, THE BEST PRACTICAL
GUIDE TO NUTRITIONAL WELL-BEING EVER WRITTEN."

T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D., director of the China Health Project,

Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University

"IT'S A WONDERFUL BOOK!"

William C. Roberts, M.D., editor in chief of the American Journal of
Cardiology

* *

* *

"The McDougall Program" was printed in 1991 by Plume, a division of Penguin
Books of USA.

            ISBN 0-452-266394 (pbk)

            This book outlines "12 Days to Dynamic Health"

It is the revolutionary health and diet program that can help you:

            Lose weight and feel great

            Reduce cholesterol

            Lower blood pressure

            Decrease or eliminate your need for medication

            Avoid costly and unnecessary surgery

            (With recipes by Mary McDougall)

John A. McDougall, M.D.

            Author of *THE McDOUGALL PLAN*

My daughter has lent me the above two books. In the last month I have
started the transition into the truths set forth by the above two authors.
Already, to my surprise and pleasure, I am experiencing definite health
improvement and renewed energy. I need not say that you can add my name to
the illustrious list of those recommending Dr. T. Colin Campbell's *The
China Study – *and his recommendation of John McDougall's *The McDougall
Program.*

* *

Jim Watt

* *