Oswald Chambers

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 17:42:38 PDT 2008

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt*

*PO Box **25116 – Federal Way** **WA** **98093-2116***

*Tel: 253.874.4265 – Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*Web: www.2rbetter.org – **March 16, 2008***

* *

*"GOD'S TOTAL SURRENDER TO US" – Oswald Chambers*

*(From "My Utmost for His Highest")*

* *

*"For God so loved the world that He gave … "*

* *

Salvation does not mean merely deliverance from sin or the experience of
personal holiness. The salvation which comes from God means being completely
delivered from myself, and being placed into perfect union with Him. When I
think of my salvation experience, I think of being delivered from sin and
gaining personal holiness. But salvation is so much more! It means that the
Spirit of God has brought me into intimate contact with the true Person of
God Himself. And as I am caught up into total surrender to God, I become
thrilled with something infinitely greater than myself.

To say that we are called to preach holiness or sanctification is to miss
the main point. We are called to proclaim Jesus Christ (see 1 Corinthians
2:2). The fact that He saves from sin and makes us holy is actually part of
the effect of His wonderful and total surrender to us.

If we are truly surrendered, we will never be aware of our own efforts to
remain surrendered. Our entire life will be consumed with the One to whom we
surrender. Beware of talking about surrender if you know nothing about it.
In fact, you will never know anything about it until you understand that
John 3:16 means that God completely and absolutely gave Himself to us. In
our surrender, we must give ourselves to God in the same way He gave Himself
for us – totally, unconditionally, and without reservation. The consequences
and circumstances resulting from our surrender will never even enter our
mind, because our life will be totally consumed with Him.

*NOTE:*  I noted the above reading March 12, 2007, and put beside it N.B.
(Note Well!) – and "USE"! Now a year later I reread this daily reading, and
decided it was the right time to share it with you. But while I tarried
because of other responsibilities, then the reading of today came up. It
also grabbed me, so I am adding it also for you.

*"THE MASTER WILL JUDGE"*

* *

*"We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ …"*

* *

Paul says that we must all, preachers and other people alike, "appear before
the judgment seat of Christ." But if you will learn here and now to live
under the scrutiny of Christ's pure light, your final judgment will bring
you only delight in seeing the work God has done in you. Live constantly
reminding yourself of the judgment seat of Christ, and walk in the knowledge
of the holiness He has given you. Tolerating a wrong attitude toward another
person causes you to follow the spirit of the devil, no matter how saintly
you are. One carnal judgment of another person only serves the purposes of
hell in you. Bring it immediately into the light and confess, "Oh, Lord, I
have been guilty there." If you don't, your heart will become hardened
through and through. One of the penalties of sin is our acceptance of it. It
is not only God who punishes for sin, but acceptance of it. It is not only
God who punishes for sin, but sin establishes itself in the sinner and takes
its toll. No struggling or praying will enable you to stop doing certain
things, and the penalty of sin is that you gradually get used to it, until
you finally come to the place where you no longer even realize that it is
sin. No power, except the power that comes from being filled with the Holy
Spirit, can change or prevent the inherent consequences of sin.

"If we walk in the light *as He is in the light …" *(1 John 1:7). For many
of us, walking in the light means walking according to the standard we have
set up for another person. The deadliest attitude of the Pharisees that we
exhibit today is not hypocrisy but that which comes from unconsciously
living a lie.

*NOTE:*  A few years back I purchased "The Complete Works of Oswald
Chambers" in one volume. With this purchase came a CD containing the same.
One could download this unto a computer hard-drive, plus as a bonus, "Oswald
Chambers: Abandoned to God" – The Life Story of the Author of "My Utmost for
His Highest" by David McCasland. As a second bonus, there is a "1994
Interview with Kathleen Chambers," daughter of Oswald and Biddy.

One can put all of OC's 50 or so books on the computer screen, and zoom in
to magnify the text up to 400 xs – sit back in an easy chair, and read
without strain.

I can't tell you how pleased I am with this. My grandson Keelan did the
steps above for me so that I can have this unusual profit and enjoyment for
the future.

Your friend – Jim Watt

* *

* *