Announcement of Changes

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 13:12:42 PDT 2007

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt -- Web: www.2rbetter.org           *

*PO Box **25116 – Federal Way** **WA** **98093-2116***

*Tel: 253.874.4265 – Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*August 19, 2007***

* *

*"ANNOUNCEMENT OF CHANGES"*

* *

Our good friends Carol & Ron Cantrell have been denied a visa in
Israelthrough the Department of the Interior, run by hard-nosed
Orthodox Jews –
less than 20% of Israel's population, but because of their many-party
political system – an inordinate influence in this area. The Cantrell's were
given 2 weeks to leave the country. They are seeking an extra month
continuance to enable them to complete all necessary business before leaving
the country. Look into Ron's book "The Mahdi" to see a significant insight
into the Middle East.

However – Romans 8:28 is still in the Bible. The Cantrell's presence back in
America could count more in God's Kingdom in these last days than it could
remaining in Israel. They will continue to serve through "Shalom Shalom
Jerusalem Ministries," and will conduct tours to Israel.

>From the time the Cantrell's returned to Israel for the second time in the
Fall of '91, Marie and I have not missed a month in sending them support
help. Then in March of 1999, Congregation Beth Chesed of Tacoma added extra
support help to that of ours, and have not missed a month since then.

BUT – as of the end of this month – the Lord has clearly led – speaking
through a friend, that we should relinquish the leadership in Beth Chesed.
It is 9 ½ years since God led us to accept the leadership challenge of this
congregation. In the beginning we agreed to do so until they could obtain a
Messianic Jewish rabbi. That has not taken place, so this month will end not
only our leadership, but also the functioning of this congregation.

Humanly speaking we are concerned about the continuing support we gave to a
number of outreaches, both Jewish and Arab in Israel. We are praying that
the Holy Spirit will touch hearts of individuals and Messianic Congregations
– to pick up this slack. Contact us if the Spirit speaks to you.

Here are some of the outreaches God has drawn us to throughout the years,
including that of the Cantrells:

Pastor Joseph Haddad of the Lebanese Congregation in Nahariya. Kehilat
HaCarmel helped start this congregation in the beginning.

Pastor Yousef Dakwar of the Arabic Congregation in Haifa, and their unusual
Radio Altareeq Broadcast. They get over 700,000 hits a month from all over
the world because of their Internet Broadcast.

Wayne & Carol King of Child Evangelism in Nazareth with Fadi and Eman
Ramadan. The Kings pioneered this work 37 years ago. It now reaches into
Jordan, down into Bethlehem and Beersheba – and through the children reaches
the parents. Leaders of the third generation are starting to be trained –
hundreds and hundreds have been reached.

Jonathan Miles of "Shevet Achim" and his family are fluent in Arabic. They
have brought little children 8 and under from Gaza, Jordan and Iraq for
specialized heart surgery by Jewish doctors in Tel Aviv and Haifa. At cost,
surgery has taken place. Parents accompany their children. They return home
with living children – thanking God for Jewish doctors and Christian donors
who have given life to their little ones at cost. It is a MARVELOUS
testimony for those returning home!

The work of David & Karen Davis on the top of Mt. Carmel and in Haifa is
absolutely outstanding. In March of 2005 Marie and I spent 2 weeks with
them. They have 3 Schools of Ministry a year, with some 80 attending each
one from around the world. If it is your first visit to Israel to take this
in, you will never be the same again. "The One New Man" of Ephesians 2 will
be seen before your eyes. Jews, Arabs, Russians and Gentiles worshipping
together on a high level in the spirit of unity and love will greet your
eyes. You will see Israel in the spirit of Elijah and Elisha.

Maoz of Tel Aviv and their great work of translating books into Hebrew is
awesome. They are also very supportive of Messianic Congregations in Israel.

"Jesus of Israel," founded and directed by Dr. Theo Smilovici Ben Abraham
represents this worthy outreach. Some 7 congregations have been founded by
our brother in Romania, Moldova, America and Israel  When Theo saw Marie
leading in prayer for "The Peace of Jerusalem," he wanted the same in their
new congregation, hence the same name as ours. Their Messianic Congregation
in Bucharest is named Beth Chesed after us. Brother Theo served in the
Israel Defense Force, and is fluent in 7 languages. He first served as a
medical doctor until God said, "Now I want you to serve Me founding churches
and congregations." I ministered with him in Bucharest and Romania in 1999
for several weeks.

Avi Mizrachi of "Dugit" in Tel Aviv is a worthy outreach of creative
evangelism and faithful discipleship – even in the midst of Orthodox
persecution.

We are believing God for all of these to be picked up. Way over $100,000 has
gone to Israel through Beth Chesed through our time together. Marie has
served as Prayer Pastor from the beginning – and has in large measure made
this possible. Agree with us that the slack will be picked up. These words
were quickened of the Spirit to us in the beginning of 2007. Now it has come
suddenly and almost unexpectedly, even though we have been prepared.

Marie and I both turned 84 this summer. We knew that this year would be for
us a year of *Transition*, *Change* and *Breakthrough*. It came suddenly and
almost unexpectedly, even though we had been prepared.

We would appreciate your continued prayers on our behalf, for "retirement"
is not a word in the Bible. We will merely move into new directions, and
dimensions of ministry. Believe with us that even greater fruitfulness will
come in the time ahead. "Even in old age they will still be bringing forth
fruit," Psalm 92:14. We praise God and are so grateful for the good health
He is giving us. To God be the glory.

Much more we could say – but bless you all who respond to God like Jehonadab
to Jehu. When Jehu met Jehonadab on one occasion, Jehu challenged him – "Is
your heart right with God, as my heart is with your heart?" "It is!"
responded Jehonadab. "Then give me your hand and jump into my chariot and
ride with me, and see my zeal for the Lord of Hosts," challenged Jehu.

Your friends – Jim & Marie Watt.

PS. Mrs. Maria Woodworth-Etter, 1844-1924, was of the spirit of Jehu. Some
thought as many as 2 million souls came to the Lord through her ministry of
signs and wonders and healings. Smith Wigglesworth, John G. Lake and Amy
Semple McPherson were powerfully challenged by her ministry of boldness,
signs, wonders and healing, wisdom, unity, kindness, faith, dedication,
zeal, self-sacrifice and love. God has challenged me through her since 1944.
J.

* *

* *

*FOR ARCHIVE ARTICLES – Web:**