Adoption

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 22:45:46 PDT 2007

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt – Beth Chesed, **Tacoma***

*PO Box **25116 – Federal Way** **WA** **98093-2116***

*Web: www.2rbetter.org – Fax: 253.474.0189*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 – Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*June 4, 2007***

* *

*"ADOPTION: FIRST OF GOD'S EIGHT BLESSINGS"*

* *

Adoption, Glory, Covenants, Giving of Torah, Worship, Promises, The Fathers,
Messiah (Christ) – Romans 9:4-5. The Holy Spirit through the apostle Paul
indicated that these eight blessings were initially for Israel. But we as
Gentiles have been grafted into these blessings, while we were yet wild
olive branches!

            Jeremiah in chapter 31 reveals in an outstanding manner that the
"New Covenant" was initially for Israel. Paul was chosen of God to reveal
the mystery of the Gospel, that Jews and Gentiles together would form the
"One New Man" and become joint inheritors of these eight New Covenant
blessings. This was difficult for the Jews of Jesus' day to perceive and
receive. Gentiles receive the fullness of the Spirit without having
circumcision required? And the keeping of the Law? Forget it! But this is
EXACTLY what the Apostle to the Gentiles revealed, and had confirmed by
Peter, the Apostle of the circumcision, along with James and John. Galatians
is Paul's amazing defense of this revelation, which hitherto had not been
revealed.

            Now see the unique Middle East understanding of "Adoption" and
how it radically differs from our Western understanding! For a Jewish
father, his son is not initially adopted. He is NOT so placed – (for
Adoption literally means "the placing of a son") until FIRST he is brought
up in father's business under all the chief servants.

            When the son has learned all facets of the father's business
under servants – then – when they tell the father that his son is ready –
they have a CELEBRATION – and he is declared an OFFICIAL son – and he with
his father are NOW over all the servants. It is now "Father and Son."

            Until Jesus was 30 – He was not declared so – but under His
step-father Joseph and the synagogue – He proved Himself. On top of this was
a TIMING – the kaiROS of His Heavenly Father. The fulfillment of ALL Old
Testament prophecy accompanied this! THEN the Holy Spirit led Him to Jordan,
and John the Baptist obediently obeyed Him by baptizing Him so that He could
fulfill all righteousness. God confirmed His Son's obedience when the Holy
Spirit as a dove descended upon Him, the sign given to John the Baptist for
Messiah. NEXT came 40 days in the wilderness to be tested by Satan. In the
gospel of Mark, it says that the Spirit literally propelled Him into the
desert for a 40 day testing that paralleled the 40 year testing of Israel in
the wilderness following the giving of Torah on the Day of Pentecost.

            It is very clear that here Jesus was tempted in a 3-fold way by
Satan. Where Adam and Eve in the beginning failed in a 3-fold temptation –
here the last Adam came through triumphantly!

            THEN, and only THEN, Jesus returned from the wilderness testing
in the POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. Not one miracle, sign or wonder did He
perform prior to this time, in spite of what some spurious gospels declare.
It was at this time that the Father from Heaven gave the first of 3
declarations concerning the Adoption of His Son! He had come through with
flying colors. "This is my Beloved Son in whom I am well-pleased! Hear ye
HIM!" He is the prophet promised by Moses, to whom obedience is required as
a condition for Eternal Life. It is not enough to claim Him as Savior
through His Atonement! We must confess Him as LORD – as the One risen from
the dead as proof of the efficacy of His Atonement. Twice more in the
Gospels the Father confirms the Adoption of His Only Begotten Son. We are
not in the same category as Jesus. We are sons by Western adoption – but
Jesus is Son by Jewish Adoption! God is our Father, but not in the same way
as He is to Jesus, His Only Begotten Son.

            NOTE: There are 381 reference to "son" (huiOS) IN THE New
Testament, but only five references to "hui-o-theSIa" (Adoption) – the
placing of a son. Jesus experienced this as prophesied by David in Psalm 2 –
"THIS DAY have I begotten you – my ONLY begotten adopted Son" said the
Father.

            But – Israel also is called God's son throughout the Old
Testament – and corporately must yet experience the eight-fold blessings of
the New Covenant as promised in Jeremiah 31.

            And yet more – "The One New Man" of Jew and Gentile as One must
experience this as foretold in Ephesians 2. See the Wealth – the DEPTH – and
the RICHNESS of these eight-fold blessings of the ONE NEW MAN.

            Here we see in Romans 9-11 the incalculable richness and
blessing of Jew and Gentile together, the BRIDE of Christ – the ONE NEW MAN.
In God's foreknowledge and preordination, we see a prophetic picture of the
wild olive Gentile branches grafted into God's olive tree, and then the true
Jewish olive branch grafted back into where they had been removed.

            Carefully look at the eight true inheritances of the true olive
branch that we as Gentiles now freely share – especially this first one of
ADOPTION. Remember – God's Bible adoption is NOT like Western adoption. It
is not adopting a non-member of your family into your family. It is taking
your own flesh and blood son – and preparing him through your servants to
become a responsible member of your ruling corporate head of your company.

            Has God been able to do this for us? Have we submitted like
Jesus did to His tutelage? Like Moses in his 40 year preparation? Like
Joseph, Moses, David and Paul in their 13 year period of faith testing?
Don't answer too quickly. We must FIRST hear our Father's approval – "THIS
is my beloved son in whom I am well-pleased – Hear Him!"

            In the light of the above, let us carefully look and examine the
five only references to "Adoption – hui-o-theSIa" – that appear in the New
Testament.

            In an article to follow we will consider together the RICHNESS
of these five passages that lay out before us God's purpose on our behalf as
declared through ADOPTION!

*NOTE:* Paul clearly lays out in Romans 9:4-5 that the eight blessings
enumerated here – God initially gave to Israel. Then in Romans 11 Paul shows
that God had previously intended -- but had not revealed till He showed it
to Paul – that the Gentiles in the One New Man would be joint inheritors of
the New Covenant promises. I have linked these insights with the richness of
our inheritance through our Jewish Roots in the tribe of Reuben. I have been
asked in July to share these riches in Regina Saskatchewan at a "School of
Revival" sponsored by Pastor Femi Ogunrinde, July 5th through 7th. These
truths with 11 others came together by the Sovereignty of God during the
1948 Northern Canada Visitation at North Battleford. However, they were in
but Embryonic form back then. Now it is time to believe for them to be
brought into MATURITY. They will THEN be parameters of safety for the last
great revival prior to the return of God's Son as King of kings and Lord of
lords.

            It is the leading and faith of Pastor Ogunrinde that NOW is the
time for these Embryonics to be brought into maturity. Please join with us
in prayer that these early days of July will spell out for Saskatchewan,
Canada, North America – and yes – the world – the preparation for the return
of God's Son.

Jim Watt

* *

**