Revival & Worship

Jim Watt jmbetter at gmail.com
Sun May 6 20:48:03 PDT 2007

*"TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE" MINISTRIES*

*Jim & Marie Watt – Beth Chesed, **Tacoma***

*PO Box **25116 – Federal Way** **WA** **98093-2116***

*Web: www.2rbetter.org – Fax: 253.474.0189*

*Tel: 253.874.4265 – Email: jmbetter at gmail.com*

*April 19, 2007** *

* *

*"REVIVAL: LEADS INTO WORSHIP" – Part 2***

* *

*INTRODUCTION: *Before his Homegoing, Milford Kirkpatrick, brother-in-law to
George R. Hawtin, wrote his version of "The 1948 Revival and NOW". He saw
and preached seven principles revealed at that time – namely: Reverence,
Restoration, Unity, Laying on of Hands, "Not to Justify Ourselves," "Whose
Battle Is It?" and Worldwide Vision. He briefly reviewed them as follows:
"First of all, God alerted us to the need to "reverence" Him and His
presence. Secondly, He revealed to us that He would send "restoration,"
which He did. Next in the third principle, God showed us the necessity of
"unity" in the Body of Christ. He then taught us the fourth principle of
"laying on of hands and prophecy." This was needed to quicken and to restore
the gifts of the Spirit, which it did. Worship, praise and singing in the
spirit were also restored, among many other things. In the fifth principle
God dealt with our attitudes; He called us "not to justify ourselves" or the
revival. This also dealt with the tendency to glorify ourselves or the
revival. Hard on the heels of the fifth principle was the sixth, when God
said He would fight our battles for us. "Whose battle is it?" was the
question asked. God Himself would confirm the revival with signs following,
thus avoiding a wrong spirit on our part. With the first six principles
established, we were ready for the seventh, which was a "worldwide vision."
This last principle was the very purpose for all of the previous principles
revealed."

            Here was his extended word on the third principle of UNITY:
Unity was the central theme and one of the great principles set forth in the
revival.

            Unity and being in one accord has always brought blessing. We
could truthfully say in those days that we were in unity. God moved on us to
the extent that everybody was talking about our Lord's high priestly prayer
for His people, "That they all may be one; as You, Father, are in me, and I
in You, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that You
have sent me" (John 17:21). We saw this scripture on the walls of churches
and homes. In fact it was written on the tables of our hearts. It seemed
that our own personal identity was swallowed up in the identity of Christ.
We were so in love with our wonderful Jesus, and of course, that meant we
loved our brothers and sisters too.

            There was never a word about doctrinal differences. We had
buried our theological hatchets and were bathing in the sunshine of God's
love. The presence of God overruled any bitterness, and we said, "If we do
have some differences of opinion, let us table them and remain around Jesus
long enough, and in time we will all believe the same and will have the mind
of Christ." What has happened in the past, is that we have not sat at His
feet to be fully taught but have run off with fragments of truth.

            I related earlier how God spoke to my heart about recognizing
ALL of God's children. God was speaking about this very thing in "unity." It
will be very difficult today, as it was then with us, to see the big thing
that God wants to do in the Church universally, if we do not endeavor to
keep the unity. God dealt with the sectarian spirit in us and made us to see
that we must recognize other sheep in God's fold.

            Passages of scripture that Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 1:10-13
and 3:1-9 became exceedingly real and many of us had to repent of a narrow
sectarian spirit which is divisive. I believe God will have a people that
will have a spirit of unity. Sometimes we feel like Ezekiel in chapter 37:3,
"Can these bones live?" God made them to live and brought bone to His bone,
an exceeding great army.

            The 1948 revival came about without advertisement or
announcement or any man-made propaganda. Somehow the news spread. We never
saw such a variety of cars and license plates before, many from provinces in
Canada and States across the border. People drove for miles. They testified,
"We did not know quite what was going on, but when we drove through the gate
we could feel the power of God." Many had never seen the gifts of the Spirit
operate in such accuracy and many had never seen them operate at all. They
had never seen such reverence and worship.

            There was no display of flesh. A display of flesh is obnoxious
to God if it is to promote some dignitary only. Jesus said, "How can you
believe, who receive honor one of another, and seek not the honor that comes
from God only?" (John 5:44).

            There was such unity of purpose and love that this was what
attracted the people perhaps more than anything else. This together with the
operation of the Spirit was what convinced that God was truly with us.

In the second half of this brief history, Milford reviewed the six different
Waves that had already come upon the Church.

            One. The wave of justification by faith shook the Church and the
world at that time. It began when Martin Luther nailed the 95 theses on the
door of the Roman Catholic church in Wittenberg, Germany. It started a
reaction that brought the other waves up to our present time.

            Two. John Wesley and his revelation was almost as reactionary,
bringing in the wave of the doctrine of sanctification or holiness. The
Bible says without holiness no man shall see God. We embrace these doctrines
today and the need for holiness is apparent in ministries and Christians
alike in our time.

            Three. A.B. Simpson was dying of an incurable disease, and in
desperation, saw a revelation in the Word of God on healing, that "with his
stripes we are healed" (Is. 53:5). This started a wave of healing that has
swept around the world, and millions hold this revelation dear. Even when
the doctors say there is no hope, the Bible says there is healing in the
atonement.

            Four. At the turn of the century, God began to baptize people
with the Holy Spirit and speaking in other tongues. Not only at Azusa
Streetin Los
Angeles and in Topeka, Kansas, but all around the world men were filled with
the Spirit and speaking in other tongues as evidence.

            Five. In the 1948 revival God sent a wave that swept through the
Church around the world. In the providence of God, I was in that great wave.
It brought hope, revival and refreshment. It swept across Canada, the United
States and around the world. The main doctrine and truth was that the Body
of Christ should be one great identity, united in one Body. The main
scripture then was John 17:21, "That they all may be one; as You, Father,
are in me, and I in You, that they also may be one in us: that the world may
believe that You have sent me." There were many fringe benefits. The effects
of this wave are still being felt. I have seen it operate in more than
twenty different countries.

            The sixth wave was the charismatic wave. I do not believe anyone
can doubt it was a move of God. Thousands were baptized in the Holy Spirit.
It demonstrated that God is no respecter of persons as Roman Catholics,
Baptists, Lutherans and many denominational people had their own Acts 2:4
experience. This was at the time of the Jesus movement; even many in the
hippie generation received their portion, being saved and filled with the
Spirit. Truly God was pouring out His Spirit upon all flesh.

            We have briefly covered the six gigantic waves that have left
imprints upon the Church and the world. In all honesty we must conclude that
these were waves of God and we should embrace them. Now I come to "the
seventh Glory Wave." I am overwhelmed as I think of it. I believe this great
wave is coming at the appointed time. Habakkuk 2:3 says, "For the vision is
yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie:
though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not
tarry."

            I see it as a great tidal wave coming in upon the Church, yet I
find it hard to describe. I believe it to be a prophetic wave. I am not
speaking of just the gift of prophecy, but a prophetic mantle that shall
come upon all of God's people. I don't think Joel was speaking about any
certain gift, but of an anointing poured upon God's hungry, thirsty people.
He was speaking about a prophetic anointing, with prophetic praise and
worship, prophetic preaching of the Word, prophetic deacons and elders, a
prophetic mantle upon all of the ministries in the Body with the
complementary gifts in operation in power, and souls being added to the
Church daily.

            THE GLORY WAVE BRINGS UNITY

            THE GLORY WAVE PRODUCES OVERCOMERS

I have friends who wholeheartedly side with the above conclusions of Milford
Kirkpatrick – and on the other side I have sincere friends who see no such
final Glory Wave. H.A. Baker in his 20 or so books – especially "Visions
beyond the Veil" – sincerely believes that the Visions of these Chinese
Orphan children clearly show that the Scriptures are on the side of
Kirkpatrick.

            I personally regard friends on both sides of this issue, though
I clearly believe that H.A. Baker and Milford Kirkpatrick's view will be
vindicated.

* *

*Now for Part 2 of "REVIVAL: LEADS INTO WORSHIP"*

            This is based on a vision I received in July of 1992 upon
returning from our third visit to Israel. God through George R. Hawtin
appeared to me and commissioned me with an assignment to set forth the 12
Revival Principles of 1948 as I observed them. I am now the last of the 7
elders in the July 1948 Camp Meeting at North Battleford, and the October
Edmonton Convention. God led me to link these 12 with the 12 tribes of
Israel as a Mnemonic Device, and to believe for these 1948 Embryonic Revival
Principles to be brought to maturity. They could then be parameters of
safety for the seventh and last Great Wave of Revival Glory preceding the
Return of our Lord Jesus. The Millennium will be a demonstration and
manifestation of the Glory of our Lord!

*ISSACHAR* represents the revival principle of Sensitivity, Faithfulness and
Obedience. I have personally seen this manifested not only in 1948, but also
through my friends among the First Nations People. On July 1, 1995 at
Whistler BC, Canada, 128 years after Canadian Confederation in 1867 (which
is 2 to the 6th power!) – Freda Cooper of the Coast Salish tribe led several
score of individuals from a number of tribes – in a prayer of repentance for
the sins of her people for departing from the true revival principles given
to all people by God. She asked Canadians, American and British not to
confess their sins against her people, until first her people made
themselves right before God through confession and repentance. David Mainse
of 100 Huntley Street, Toronto, said it was the most significant day of his
life to be present on that occasion. I agree.

            First Nations People like Freda Cooper have a potential for
dreams and visions, and like Issachar know the signs of the times and how to
act according to this knowledge. We need to pray for a full restoration and
acceptance of these people, and see them take a significant place among
believers in Christ for these last days.

            Recently Rolland and Heidi Baker republished a significant book
written by his grandfather H.A. Baker – "Visions Beyond the Veil." It is of
this same sensitive, faithful and obedient spirit. Grandfather Baker said he
previously had little understanding of the book of "Revelation" – until he
heard the acting out of visions by these poor Chinese orphan children. If we
try to understand Bible doctrine by intellect alone – we will miss the mark.
C.S. Lewis found this to be true. Intellect MUST be balanced with
Spirit-insight.

*Then consider the tribe of DAN, whose name means "JUDGE." *Dan was set as
one of the 12 tribes of Israel to judge his people. Samson was a Judge from
this tribe. Unfortunately Dan reneged on his privilege and responsibility,
and opened a door for idolatry to enter Israel. How watchful and careful we
all must be.

            Al Houghton in his Website *www.wordatwork.org * has a monthly
daily devotional as a guide for true and clear judgeship. Judges in our
nation – both city, state and national -- have abused this position like
Dan, and have arrogated to themselves what should abide with the executive
and congressional branch.

            Guidelines for individual, corporate, religious and political
living can be found through the writings of our friend. His ministry in this
direction goes back to the early 80's – a ministry to which he has been
faithful.

            George Hawtin in the beginning walked in the principle of Dan –
he expressed quick and practical judgment based on the Word and Spirit of
God! Shame on legislators and judges who have arrogated to themselves the
Biblical responsibility of parents in the spanking of children. We are
already in our nation suffering for the lowering of the bars of standards in
this area. I can remember my mother saying to my brother and me – "If you
have nothing to cry about – I'll give you something!" – and she would! Thank
God for our godly and Biblically based mother in our Canadian generation.

*And what of ASHER? The Blessed one? *Blessed is the one married to an
Asher! Of the 12 tribes and temperaments, Asher is the most easy to get
along with. Anna the prophetess who prophesied over Jesus to his parents –
was of this tribe. Healing and prosperity in a balanced sense is associated
with this tribe. The people of Latin American countries have the potential
of manifesting this Revival Principle. E.W. Kenyon is his 24 books lays a
solid foundation for it. In 1948 Pastor Ern Baxter gave Kenyon's
"Identification" to Marie and me as a wedding present. What a Blessing! The
spirit of Asher came through it. Pastor Joe McIntyre wrote an Apologetic or
Defense on him entitled "E.W. Kenyon – the TRUE Story." Contact Kenyon's
Publishing House *www.kenyons.org *to procure it. You will be blessed by it
in more ways than one.

            Joe has a second book out entitled "Who We Are In Christ" –
Discovering Your Eternal Identity. It can be obtained by emailing Joe at *
joe_mcintyre at msn.com . *Appendix Three on "Confess Who You Are" is by itself
worth the purchase of the book. Perhaps Joe's central thesis in this book is
that "God has changed the nature of man. The greatest miracle that God does
is the New Birth. God, our Father, takes out of us the nature that was
antagonistic to Him by sending it to the Cross with Jesus, then makes us
alive together with Him in His resurrection. *"Old things have passed away,
behold, all things have become new. And all things are of God" *(2 Cor. 5:17,
18).

            This is consistent with Kenyon in "Identification," and has the
distinct possibility of lifting us from ordinary believers into OVERCOMING
believers!

            The Blessedness of Asher releases spiritual healing and
prosperity as a Revival Principle.

*And what of BENJAMIN? *Remember what Joseph said to his 10 half brothers
when they came down to Egypt – "You will not see my face on your return
except you bring your younger brother with you." WHY was Joseph so adamant
about this directive? First – Benjamin was his younger FULL brother, while
the other 10 were but half brothers.

            And have we remembered that the Jews are Jesus' natural kin –
while we Gentiles are but half brothers through adoption? See Romans 9-11.
Here the Apostle Paul lays forth why the church needs to appear before Him
bringing Israel as a nation born in a day! Without the church taking on the
privilege and responsibility of bringing Israel with us as a part of the
"One New Man," we could fail to be received by Jesus at His Coming.

            There is another revival truth resident in Benjamin. He is a
picture of "Team Spirit" or unity. Remember that Milford Kirkpatrick felt
that the principle of UNITY was perhaps the key theme of the 1948
Visitation. The banner over the front of the Tabernacle at the July Camp
Meeting was John 17:21 – "That they all MAY BE ONE; as You, Father, are in
me, and I in You, that they also may be one in us: that the world may
believe that You have sent me."

            UNITY for the whole body of Christ was a key goal by the Russian
Ivan Panin. His 50 years of labor in producing the Numeric Greek and English
New Testaments was motivated by his love of God for His wonderful Word – and
that believers would shed all disunity in the light of this wonderful
revelation – and join forces in being ONE in God and ONE with one another.
Though Panin died at 87 in 1942 at Aldershot Ontario without seeing his
labors recognized and used to this end – perhaps God had in sight something
better – that all he did was NOT for his day – but reserved for OUR day.
Could it be that our generation will see the acceptance of God in His Word
as revealed by Panin, and that the UNITY of God's people is to take place
PRIOR to Christ's return?

            To read an article on the Amazing Discoveries of Panin – through
Google find "The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada" with their Website of
"Christianity.ca". Then type in *
http://www.christianity.ca/church/outreach/2005/11.001.html -- *Here you
will find an article on Ivan Panin with 5 links put in by Daina Doucet. You
will not be disappointed.

*The above concludes the 12 Revival Principles connected with the 12 tribes
of **Israel** catalogued in Genesis 49.* But God honored Joseph by making
his 2 sons tribes, giving him a double portion in Israel. In Numbers 2 we
see Joseph and Levi replaced by these 2 – Ephraim (double fruitfulness) and
Manasseh (Forgetting). Together they reflect the person of their father
Joseph, but individually they are part of the mature Israel that under
Joshua went in and conquered the 7 nations of Canaan.

            And guess from which tribe Joshua descended? From the tribe of
EPHRAIM, the younger son of Joseph! And indeed Joshua was not only a doubly
fruitful person as Moses' successor, but one of the outstanding types of our
Lord Jesus. Indeed, his very name Joshua is the same as the Hebrew name for
Jesus – YeSHUa – Jehovah is SALVATION. As Joshua was salvation for Israel in
leading them in the conquest of Canaan, a type of heaven – so JESUS is the
antitype in FULFILLMENT in leading US as the One New Man – Jew and Gentile
together – in full conquest over Satan and all his minions – and then
leading us safely into His Millennial reign, and then on into the New
Heavens and the New Earth!

            Smith Wigglesworth of Bradford England is a worthy example of
the Joshua spirit. Salvation, healing, miracles, deliverance and the baptism
of filling of the Spirit characterized his ministry. Some have estimated
that two million souls entered God's Kingdom because of this Joshua type. On
one occasion in the State of Washington, a preacher gave up his opportunity
to preach so that he could hear this Englishman in his place. Because
Wigglesworth was unknown up to this time by sight, the chairman of the
meeting looked down at him and asked – "Are you ready?" "I'm ALWAYS ready,"
responded Wigglesworth, and took over the meeting in such a fiery manner,
that every other succeeding speaker resigned his position so that this
extraordinary guest could speak 3 times a day for the remainder of the
Conference!

*And finally – MANASSEH! *I doubt if the 10 half brothers of Joseph would
have been received with such forgiveness for their terrible barbarity to
their younger brother, had not Manasseh been born in the interval. Joseph
named his first born son Manasseh, "Because," said he, "he has caused me to
FORGET all the travail of the past." For 13 years Joseph went through hell
because of his 10 half brothers – but now at 39 he could forgive them after
first bringing them to repentance – because of MANASSEH. He received "INNER
HEALING," thank God. Rita Bennett, widowed after the passing of Dennis
Bennett, has written a number of books on this subject. Many of us need a
Manasseh – we need to experience "Inner Healing" – so we too through the
help of Rita Bennett and others – can experience what Joseph received
through Manasseh – FORGETFULNESS, and then Forgiveness.

For additional information on these 12 Revival Principles – go to our
Website *www.2rbetter.org *– and click on "Embryonics." To pray through
these principles, Click on "News" – then on "Corporate Prayers" – and these
same 12 principles will come up under a different format.

May God bless us together as we seek to profit from what God did in His
Fifth Glory Wave in 1948. May we take His challenge and together seek to
bring these 12 Embryonics to MATURITY, that His Mantle of Safety may rest
upon us corporately. THIS will indeed equip us to become TRUE worshippers of
the Father in spirit and in truth!

Your friends– Jim & Marie Watt

* *

*TO UNSUBSCRIBE** – Please E-mail: